• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Sky2High

Help needed

12 posts in this topic

Hi :)

My rig

intel i5 3570

asus p8h77-i

radeon hd6870

ddr3-1600 (8gb x 2)

Tried to install but can't seem to get to the installation screen it keeps on restarting. Any idea on how to solve this?

Please give more information!

can you not boot your OSX? is the system (OS X ) installed? or you have to install a new OS X system?

if you have a system installed, then you can use any OSX install DVD and boot with it your System.

If Darwin appears press the F8 key and boot with: -v -f

then upload a photo here.

I'm trying to install a new OS X system.

The problem is after darwin, the apple logo appears for a brief moment and the system restarts itself.

I'm trying to install a new OS X system.

The problem is after darwin, the apple logo appears for a brief moment and the system restarts itself.

Did you have also set their bios settings set correctly? very important to switch to AHCI !!!! if not then change it.

If do you not have much experience with hackintosh, then look for a tutorials a matching your hardware, use google search.

look here klick me

I was looking for just three minutes no longer, that would be your job!!! Good luck

Tried it but it is still the same. I'm using a processor with HD2500 gpu which is not supported so i can't use the onboard gpu.

Tried it but it is still the same. I'm using a processor with HD2500 gpu which is not supported so i can't use the onboard gpu.

HD2500 gpu is actually not fully supported!

Either you buy another GPU which is compatible with OSX or try this here (click me) it is with HD 2500 working on ML for framebuffer only -. No QE / CI

turn off onboard graphics, use your HD6870 - ML supports it fine although you may want to check Part 7 step 7 in my guide:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

try booting with -x -f -v if it still resets

Managed to install. after reboot, apple loading screen takes more than 5minute before the screen turns white with the spanning ball. any idea on how to solve this?

If your using verbose boot with -v flag (which you should be!!), the only apple logo you should ever see is in your menu bar.