Need help with sleep for Toshiba A135-S4527 and Snow Leopard

kompressorkid

2 posts in this topic

Successfully installed SL 10.6.3 on Toshiba A135-S4527 using Vanilla install with ######. Problem though is that when testing sleep the laptop started to sleep as normal but now will not recover. The AC lights come on and will charge the battery but will not otherwise power on. Tried a hard reset but still nothing. It goes so far as to spin up whatever DVD is in the drive and blips the HDD light once but that's about it. No CPU fan or BIOS post on the screen, not even video on external monitor. Removed everything from the chassis: RAM, DVD-ROM, HDD, WIFI, and bluetooth but still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas as to why sleep did this? Any ideas on how to recover?

I suspect hardware failure but why did it coincide with SL sleep? I have tested countless other machine with no issues.

Well I figured it out myself and wanted to post it here in case others got stuck in the way. Turns out the only way to get it to boot properly was to remove the cmos battery on the motherboard. Not an easy task as compared to a desktop. Anyhow, this machine has a nice soldered battery, so a bit of de-soldering is required and perform boot-up. If done as such the screen will now light up and post the bios. It's important to save the settings and shut it down. Now reconnect the cmos battery and re-assemble the entire laptop. End result is fully functional and back to normal. Hope this will help others. Thankfully you-tube had videos of similar failures that led me to attempt the repair.