• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By Rich_T
      My  PC is  a Dell Optiplex 790
      I am installing  Catalina then hopefully upgrading to Big Sur
      Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz (sandy bridge?)
      16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
      I have been following the guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install.html
      Currently I’m on step “Gathering files” I’m not to sure which SSDTs I should use for my system to work properly.

Also this will be dual booting with Windows 10 Pro
    • By kevpatts
      So I'm new to OpenCore, I've been a Clover user for too long but it's finally totally failed me after a motherboard upgrade, I couldn't boot to Mac OS.

So I gave OpenCore a go using the basic config and boom, booted first time! I'm an instant convert!

The main problem I have is that I have a triple boot machine with Windows 10, Ubuntu and Mac OS on three separate drives. With OpenCore I can ONLY boot Mac OS. It gives me an option of "BOOTCAMP Windows" but if I select it it boots to the Ubuntu GRUB menu (??) and then won't load the linux kernel! There is no option that tries to boot Windows.

It looks like multi-OS support is not a priority right now, is this correct? Is there anything I can do to help test/code/progress this aspect of the project?
    • By Jancey
      I used this command: diskutil info disk0s2 | grep -i "Partition UUID" | rev | cut -d' ' -f 1 | rev

But I accidentally removed the wrong disk and now my main windows drive is not appearing in the bootloader. I can't figure out how to get it back. I tried resetting my windows drive, but I kept getting an error. I also reset my mac and reinstalled Catalina.
    • By FreqFeeder
      Hi there!
      I'm a newbie to the concept of installing a Mac OS on alternative hardware. Please bear with me
      I have a Lenovo Thinkpad x250 with 5th generation i7-5600U CPU, 16GB RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 5500. (I'd be glad to add any additional hardware details if needed)
      My goal is to have a dual boot machine - Mojave and Win 10. I have two separated physical drives.
      I've tried different methods, but none was stable to be operable.
      If anyone of you has the experience with this specific model it will be really great to hear your opinion.

Thanks!
    • By dugajimi
      Salve ragazzi,
      vi scrivo dal mio nuovo Dell XPS 15 9570 e ovviamente sono pronto per il trapianto di cervello.

Prima di iniziare però qualche delucidazione.
      Volendo realizzare un Dual boot win10 + macos:
      Devo per forza formattare l'hd e reistallare anche windows 10 oppure posso ridimensionare la partizione Se si quale sistema operativo istallo per primo?  
      Dugajimi