10.8 installation help.. Boot Freeze

DylionTe

2 posts in this topic

Alright I have a 10.8 usb install.

Then I stick the usb drive into my Asus laptop, it boots the usb then gets stuck at the apple LOGO. The logo is stuck with a STOPPED spinning wheel.

My Asus laptop specs are:

Processor:

Intel i5 cpu M 460 @ 2.53 GHz

Package(platform ID) Socket 989 rPGA(0x4)

Chipset:

Northbridge: Intel havendate/Clarkdate Bridge rev. 18

Southbridge: Intel HM55 rev. 06

Graphics Interface: PCI-EXPRESS

Memory DDR3(4GB)

MCHBAR I/O BASE ADDRESS: 0X0FED10000

Graphics: Number of Adapters - 2

Graphic APIs - NVIDIA I/O - INTEL I/O

DISPLAY ADAPTERS: INTEL® HD GRAPHICS AND NVIDIA GEFORCE 310M

If any one knows if its possible to get an install working with these specs that would be awesome. It is quite painful telling your-self this is it, this is it, then stuck... Darn, then you google it, find nothing to help then you sit sad waiting for your computer just to boot the installer.... at lease... but no. It just mocks you... aha, oh also

Commands at boot used that I've tried also in different orders: -x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No PciRoot=0,1 PCIRootUID=0,1 npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 cpus=1 Busratio=19(my bus ratio speed I checked)

-v says it hangs either at AtherosLcEnthernet Error: Phy Autoneg failed

or sometimes i get stuck at [iOBlueToothHCIController][sTART]

or [OBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

Look at the pictures tell me if I can/need to do anything to have the installer boot up... icon_e_smile.gif Thank you.

40576d1355079198t-mountain-lion-unibeast-install-help-picture056.jpg40577d1355079202t-mountain-lion-unibeast-install-help-picture055.jpg40578d1355079205t-mountain-lion-unibeast-install-help-picture054.jpg

Other note: The info on my computer for my profile on the forum is for the wrong laptop i am trying to install OSX 10.8 on... Just to clarify... and I am using a hackintosh to write this, not the computer i am having troubles on... Thanks.