T61 Mountain Lion

csyst

6 posts in this topic

Yesterday I installed Mountain Lion on my T61.

There is something that confuses me. When i Boot with my install USB and select my hdd my System Boots and i can use my touchpad, keyboard and trackpoint. When i Boot with chimera on my hdd i can use my touchpad ,Keyboard , but Not the trackpoint. Why? Do i use the wrong kexts? Also my Sound doesnt work. Can i use Applehda or do i have to choose Voodoo ?

The nvs 140m Works Fine with the patched tscsync ( thanks to lonelytv, Protocol X :) & others)

I don't use /Extra for kexts. At the moment i'm using VoodooHDA, seems to work, but the mute key on my keyboard doesnt work. ( Not a big problem, only wanted to mention).

Very important would be the trackpoint :-( . Isn't there another user out there that uses a Thinkpad T61 with ML 10.8 & working trackpointsolution?

I have a fully working 10.7.5 Lion install right now (sleep, trackpad, WiFi, Bluetooth, everything I can think of is working) on my T61. I'm thinking about going to Mountain Lion next as my next project.

Right now I have a kext in E/E called "UltraNav.Controller.kext." Have you tried that?

Also, can you explain to me how you did your Mountain lion install? And can you explain what's working/not working?

Dear CoBrA2168,

can you please upload your Kexts for Lion and the T61. I also have a T61 with Nvidia 140m which is running under Lion, but Sleep, Trackpoint and some other Stuff is not working.

If you have enough time, I would be very glad about a short instruction (if there is any difference to a normal kext install).

Regards

• 2 months later...

Sorry I'm seeing this like 2 months later.

I actually followed this guide for my install process: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281430-my-mini-guide-for-install-1074-on-lenovot61-7661-cto/
It will be a little different, because that guide is is regards to the Intel X3100 graphics (not the Nvidia 140m). I'm not sure if that will affect sleep or not!

Good luck.