Help: G31M-ES2L Kit in Need

9 posts in this topic

Hey there. I know I'm extremely late, but I dread updating my system as I'm sure many others do. Unfortunately, 10.5.8 is no longer cutting it for me and many of my applications... so I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a Snow Leopard DVD. At this point, I'd love to get the most up-to-date version of Snow Leopard or even Lion running on my system. This guide seems like the least amount of headaches for my setup, but the linked ES2L kit has been out of service for a while now. Does anyone have it, or a comparable kit I could use? Or even a better guide, if one's out there?

I'd really like to get the ball rolling on this thing before the new year. If anyone can provide any help, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers.

Thank you kindly for the response, friend. I'm not absolutely clueless when it comes to Hackintosh installs, but it's been years since I've had to work with DSDT, kexts, and things of the nature. That being said: what's the easiest way to check whether I've got a 1._ or a 2._?

And... I'm stuck already. Such a pain.

Following the aforementioned guide, I got to the step where myHack is used to customize the bootable USB. However, I get this error when I try to launch myHack. I simply can't choose my USB flash drive as the destination, like the guide asks me to.

Is there a better G31M-ES2L / retail DVD guide out there? I've got the DVD fully restored onto a USB with no issues at all. Just not sure where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

easy.. use a bootable cd (boot132) to start the usb installer.

or

do u have os x working to install chameleon 2.1 to the usb?

then add

/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

/Extra/smbios.plist with macpro 3.1(fixable with chameleon wizard.)

/Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist that has GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates (fixable with chameleon wizard or champlist.)

do u know yet which rev board u have ? LAN chip is ? atheros or Realtek ??

what operating system u have so we can run a tool to let us know what lan chip.

i could remote to u in any os x pc (with teamviewer) and make the usb properly then u can boot and install with it.

france ? .. midnight for me.