Weird issue on Intel GMA950

colum

3 posts in this topic

I am having a weird problem with my Dell GX620. I am running iATKOS 10.6.3. All the video drivers for the GMS950 are stock ( But a modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to get the screen resoution working)

I have graphics fullly working on my 1080p monitor. That's not the problem. At school, sometimes I VNC into my mac to browse the internet and do web design work. The problem I encounter is when I reboot the mac when its not connected to a monitor (kind of like a headless system). The system comes back and I can access it over VNC, but the resolution options are gone (so 1024x768). But the big issue is that I can not take screenshots (they are just white when taken with Grab). This did not happen on 10.5.5, so I am assuming that it has to do with the driver. I am also assuming it has something to do with QE/CL not being enabled when there is no monitor detected at boot.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

(I tried searching, but I might not have searched the right thing so don't hate)

I am having a weird problem with my Dell GX620. I am running iATKOS 10.6.3. All the video drivers for the GMS950 are stock ( But a modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to get the screen resoution working)

I have graphics fullly working on my 1080p monitor. That's not the problem. At school, sometimes I VNC into my mac to browse the internet and do web design work. The problem I encounter is when I reboot the mac when its not connected to a monitor (kind of like a headless system). The system comes back and I can access it over VNC, but the resolution options are gone (so 1024x768). But the big issue is that I can not take screenshots (they are just white when taken with Grab). This did not happen on 10.5.5, so I am assuming that it has to do with the driver. I am also assuming it has something to do with QE/CL not being enabled when there is no monitor detected at boot.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

(I tried searching, but I might not have searched the right thing so don't hate)

Your video will work much better if you use DSDT Editor to make a DSDT.aml file. You won't have to use a kext or modified frame buffer. I have a GX620 and I don't have any strange artifacts with the video. There is more on this tutoraial.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/275293-guide-1068-on-a-dell-optiplex-gx620/