Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Same here. I thought maybe it got damaged somehow, so I remade the USB. Same problem. So I re downloaded the beta app:

Optiplex-van-Rico:~ rico$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/ --nointeraction
/Applications/Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app/ does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

:wallbash:

After fail with firmware check, installation files corrupted.

You should remove all installation files which was expanded on install volume, and then re-run macOS 10.13 Beta.app

hello

all fixed injection

enjoy :)

i will arrange source and clear and upload source

let's install gogo

Fixed try my attached file

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Kext injection works fine now! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

post-61100-0-36656600-1496780230_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

DBG_RT(Entry, "os_version: %s", os_version);

To debug current OSVersion string from plist I think you could do something like this

VOID EFIAPI KernelBooterExtensionsPatch(IN UINT8 *Kernel, LOADER_ENTRY *Entry)
{

else {
    DBG_RT(Entry, "==> ERROR: NOT patched - unknown kernel (OSVersion: %a).\n", Entry->OSVersion);
  }
}
  • Like 1

I can't even reach the installer. Why do i keep getting "mach reboot" and appleapciplatform errors on the blackscreen when i'm trying to boot? Can, i get a sample working config or something? I'm using the latest clover posted on here. My current config worked excellent on Sierra.

Thanks Sherlocks!

Kext injection is working properly now. In debug mode it spits out an error about the kernel being unknown after the message about successfully patching it ("ERROR: NOT patched - unknown kernel").

The FirmwareFeaturesMask is set to 0xFFFFFFFF. It might be better to use savvamitrofanov's value. Eventually this should probably be made a variable like FirmwareFeatures so it can be set correctly for the model.

The kextpatch filtering is also working properly. Bdmesg shows that the HD4000 patches for 10.11 and 10.12 were blocked but 10.13 was allowed.

• Like 1

I can't even reach the installer. Why do i keep getting "mach reboot" and appleapciplatform errors on the blackscreen when i'm trying to boot? Can, i get a sample working config or something? I'm using the latest clover posted on here.

what is your cpu? some users report ACPIPlatform error

• Like 2

here is v2 file

try test

v2 info

add savvamitrofanov's firmware info

add 10.13 os info

So... r4081 from the attachment seems to be ok in terms of the injection. I didn't have any issues with PMHeart's version either... 

However, I still get the "..../OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error.

post-1303722-0-37346800-1496782558_thumb.jpg

Could you, please, clarify the things below?

"add savvamitrofanov's firmware info" - added to SMBIOS. I suppose that's where they belong.

"add 10.13 os info" - Where?

So... r4081 from the attachment seems to be ok in terms of the injection. I didn't have any issues with PMHeart's version either...

"savvamitrofanov's firmware info" - added to SMBIOS. I suppose that's where it belongs.

"add 10.13 os info" - Where?

I'm still getting the "..../OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error.

Remake usb installer and wipe disk or something.

In high sierra, some changed

• Like 1

what is your cpu? some users report ACPIPlatform error

I am on Kaby Lake i7-7700hq on a Dell XPS 15 9560 (the newest one) and yep, i keep getting "mach reboot" and appleapciplatform errors on the blackscreen. Cant get to the installer.

here is v2 file

try test

v2 info

add savvamitrofanov's firmware info

add 10.13 os info

Okay fw passed. Thanks @savvamitrofanov again. Youre great!!!

Enjoy Clover users.

I will send source @Slice soon.

In korea, too early morning, maybe upload afternoon.

arrived

1.png

Could you post the source code as well?

Best regards.

Guest ricoc90

After fail with firmware check, installation files corrupted.

You should remove all installation files which was expanded on install volume, and then re-run macOS 10.13 Beta.app

I tried that a couple of times, but now it actually works  :thumbsup_anim: Thanks!

post-1502423-0-99404200-1496783144_thumb.jpg 

Remake usb installer and wipe disk or something.

In high sierra, some changed

Well...how did you make the USB installer? I made it again and...I got the exact same error.

Did you make it with createinstallmedia and then just installed Clover in EFI and replaced BOOTX64.efi in /BOOT and CLOVERX64.efi in /CLOVER?

I suppose with your v2, I don't need to mess with the config.plist anymore, right? So then...why doesn't it work?

Could you, please, share a step by step? Or anyone who managed to get it installed, for that matter. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with OSInstall.mpkg since other people are having the exact same issue. I'm sure I'm missing something. I just don't know what.

I used createinstallmedia. Because I was installing to another partition on my laptop I just booted from the copy of Clover on the disk.

I don't know what Sherlocks changed but you might still need to set FirmwareFeatures to 0xe907f537 in config.plist. FirmwareFeaturesMask was hardcoded in Clover and needed fixing.

Wipe the destination disk before you start so it won't try to resume a previous failed install.

Guest ricoc90

Could someone clarify in what section in config.plist i should insert FirmwareFeatures 0xe907f537 and with what Class? Thanks...

In your SMBios

I used createinstallmedia. Because I was installing to another partition on my laptop I just booted from the copy of Clover on the disk.

I don't know what Sherlocks changed but you might still need to set FirmwareFeatures to 0xe907f537 in config.plist. FirmwareFeaturesMask was hardcoded in Clover and needed fixing.

Wipe the destination disk before you start so it won't try to resume a previous failed install.

Is that FirmwareFeature set universal or can only be used with certain ProductNames?

Did you make it with createinstallmedia and then just installed Clover in EFI and replaced BOOTX64.efi in /BOOT and CLOVERX64.efi in /CLOVER?

Yeah, createinstallmedia seems the only working method atm. My first attempts was to make the USB pen using Disk Utility.app but I got the same error as you.

So you just have to use this way and add 0xe907f537 or 0xff1fff3f (duno what's the best one so I followed savvamitrofanov's advice and set it to 0xff1fff3f) and use Sherlocks's boot files and it should work.

• Like 1