ErmaC

Clover General discussion

20,947 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

OK got it Fix  (LEGACY/ESP ) Clover installation Catalina 10.15 :D

EFIFolder preinstall script 

I've added something similar to BiosBoot package the one responsible to install all that involved files. let me know

Edited by vector sigma

Advertisement
4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

I've added something similar to BiosBoot package the one responsible to install all that involved files. let me know

That works! is doing the same JOB :wink_anim: thank you :lol:

Edited by chris1111
That works!

On 10/25/2019 at 1:27 PM, anmool said:

thank for reply

yes I already know this trick  by disable hard disk to sleep but I want to solve this without  disable hard disk to sleep

like OpenCore solved this issue with PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true

PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true doesn't fix the actual problem only stop the panic.  The drive that go to sleep won't wake up until next reboot, for example my dvd drive it went to sleep and disappear from my system completely until next reboot.

Any mechanical drives like cd/dvd or old spinning HDD seems to be affected by Catalina, The only solution is turn off the Put hard drives to sleep when possible, with this option off, your drives will still sleep when the system sleep, and wake up when system wakeup.  I prefer this option rather than using the quirk fix above where i will lose my drive completely until the next reboot.

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true doesn't fix the actual problem only stop the panic.  The drive that go to sleep won't wake up until next reboot, for example my dvd drive it went to sleep and disappear from my system completely until next reboot.

Any mechanical drives like cd/dvd or old spinning HDD seems to be affected by Catalina, The only solution is turn off the Put hard drives to sleep when possible, with this option off, your drives will still sleep when the system sleep, and wake up when system wakeup.  I prefer this option rather than using the quirk fix above where i will lose my drive completely until the next reboot.

Wrong topic. Post in the right place, please :)

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Wrong topic. Post in the right place, please :)

No, this is good answer to question

On 10/24/2019 at 8:38 PM, anmool said:

I have recently this issue on Catalina 10.15 with Clover_v2.5k_r5097  sometime my laptop occurs automatically reboot

when I boot again from start  this screenshot I captured

1313121499_ScreenShot2019-10-19at6_38_12PM.jpg.1cc04166790af0e185a82417e4c18cf7.thumb.jpg.d742e32424f2f57ea58882eb94dfc247.jpg

I solved this issue with OpenCore bootloader Using this option (Kernel->Quirk->PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true)  on OpenCore 0.5.2 

but this (PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true} option does not exist in clover bootloader

how to fix this issue on Catalina using Clover bootloader

I've been using Clover with only fakesmc.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext for years. Now, I am forced to use Lilu.kext and WEG 1.3.4 in order for my AMD rx580 to boot Catalina 10.15.1.  I thought AMD gpu are supposed to work out of the box with macOs.

Sad! 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, n.d.k said:

I've been using Clover with only fakesmc.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext for years. Now, I am forced to use Lilu.kext and WEG 1.3.4 in order for my AMD rx580 to boot Catalina 10.15.1.  I thought AMD gpu are supposed to work out of the box with macOs.

Sad! 

I think it depends on your SMBIOS. Try mac pro SMBIOS instead of imac ones to light up your monitors.

7 hours ago, lisai9093 said:

I think it depends on your SMBIOS. Try mac pro SMBIOS instead of imac ones to light up your monitors.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think Apple did change the framebuffer which doesn't recognize any of my rx580 port, I did try switching my monitor cable connector between my 3 display ports to see if it will light up the screen, but no luck. Changing SMBIOS is the last thing i want to do, since i had everything tuned and configured for this particular SMBIOS.

Excuse me everyone; Today I tried to install Clover 2.5k 5098  on my running hackintosh Catalina and clover installer told me " incompatible system version " but I chose "install anway"  ..

Once the installation has completed I found that EFI & EFI Backup  folders are in my main disk partition directory and clover didn't update the actual EFI partition and I cant delete these folders which clover created ..

Did I miss something? I've did what I regularly do when I update clover , what the difference now  :help:  :wallbash:

Thank you

Edited by zkingtut

1 hour ago, zkingtut said:

Excuse me everyone; Today I tried to install Clover 2.5k 5098  on my running hackintosh Catalina and clover installer told me " incompatible system version " but I chose "install anway"  ..

Once the installation has completed I found that EFI & EFI Backup  folders are in my main disk partition directory and clover didn't update the actual EFI partition and I cant delete these folders which clover created ..

Did I miss something? I've did what I regularly do when I update clover , what the difference now  :help:  :wallbash:

Thank you

As usual, for UEFI install, the two first choice. + drivers off and your kexts/drivers

You can delete EFI folder in your main partition and keep EFI-Backups

Capture d’écran 2019-10-31 à 18.20.06.png

@Matgen84

Thank you 

So I have to check box for the first two options ( UEFI and ESP ) ? 

But I cant delete the EFI folder from the disk directory!! There is no option for move to Pin ?

Anyway ; I've managed to move the files manually to EFI partition and PC boots correctly shown 5098 update ... but my issue is how to delete the old folders 

7 minutes ago, zkingtut said:

@Matgen84

Thank you 

So I have to check box for the first two options ( UEFI and ESP ) ? 

But I cant delete the EFI folder from the disk directory!! There is no option for move to Pin ?

Anyway ; I've managed to move the files manually to EFI partition and PC boots correctly shown 5098 update ... but my issue is how to delete the old folders 

Catalina is read only protect: so you've to use this command in Terminal: Run sudo mount -uw / in Terminal, then force quit Finder. You should be able to modify system files until you reboot.

EDIT: Right. You have to check box for the first two options ( UEFI and ESP ) for UEFI system

Edited by Matgen84

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Catalina is read only protect: so you've to use this command in Terminal: Run sudo mount -uw / in Terminal, then force quit Finder. You should be able to modify system files until you reboot.

EDIT: Right. You have to check box for the first two options ( UEFI and ESP ) for UEFI system

Fantastic :hyper:

Done and now everything as it should be 

Thank you

@Slice An IM user (Osy) has managed to package Intel's TB3 firmware inside of Apple's TB3 firmware and successfully load it onto their Alpine Ridge TB3 controller, which results in virtually perfect TB3 for the first time. You can read about it here: https://osy.gitbook.io/hac-mini-guide/details/thunderbolt-3-fix-part-3

I assume everyone will want to do this going forward, so I was curious if it is possible to implement any features in Clover to enables users to do this more easily? Is something like a Patch VBIOS injection even technically possible in such a case? I assume not, but curious what you think about it. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, maleorderbride said:

@Slice An IM user (Osy) has managed to package Intel's TB3 firmware inside of Apple's TB3 firmware and successfully load it onto their Alpine Ridge TB3 controller, which results in virtually perfect TB3 for the first time. You can read about it here: https://osy.gitbook.io/hac-mini-guide/details/thunderbolt-3-fix-part-3

I assume everyone will want to do this going forward, so I was curious if it is possible to implement any features in Clover to enables users to do this more easily? Is something like a Patch VBIOS injection even technically possible in such a case? I assume not, but curious what you think about it. Thanks!

There's a thread at 

@Slice

sorry to make WhatEverGreen branch in clover github.

it is my mistake

i don't know github well about branch.

can you remove WhatEverGreen branch?

308119625_2019-11-032_25_03.png.c550822eabf5f86fda8dc00d2993bbcb.png

EDIT1.

i removed WEG name branch.

sorry again.

Edited by Sherlocks

On 10/31/2019 at 10:30 AM, n.d.k said:

Thank you for the suggestion, I think Apple did change the framebuffer which doesn't recognize any of my rx580 port, I did try switching my monitor cable connector between my 3 display ports to see if it will light up the screen, but no luck. Changing SMBIOS is the last thing i want to do, since i had everything tuned and configured for this particular SMBIOS.

Please share your result.  I also have RX580 and I noticed that OC no longer support Clover.  Currently, I use WEG and Liliu for RX580 to work with iMac13.2.  Not sure if latest OS will be compatible for RX580 and if WEG no longer working.  I felt OC is more advance for me, whereas, Clover is more friendly user. just my opinion. 

All these "misleading " write up for RX580 compatibility (OOB) but it turn out, u still need 3rd party kext to work.

Edited by loganMac

22 minutes ago, loganMac said:

请分享您的结果。我也有RX580,我注意到OC不再支持Clover。目前,我将WEG和Liliu用于RX580与iMac13.2一起使用。不确定最新的操作系统是否与RX580兼容,以及WEG是否不再起作用。我觉得OC对我来说更先进,而Clover则更友好。只是我的观点。 

所有这些“令人误解的”都是为RX580兼容性(OOB)而写的,但事实证明,您仍然需要3rd kext才能工作。

1.3.4 OK!

2 hours ago, loganMac said:

Please share your result.  I also have RX580 and I noticed that OC no longer support Clover.  Currently, I use WEG and Liliu for RX580 to work with iMac13.2.  Not sure if latest OS will be compatible for RX580 and if WEG no longer working.  I felt OC is more advance for me, whereas, Clover is more friendly user. just my opinion. 

All these "misleading " write up for RX580 compatibility (OOB) but it turn out, u still need 3rd party kext to work.

Well, Catalina 10.15.1 need WEG 1.3.4 for rx580 to work. If you don't want nothing to do with Lilu or WEG in your system, you can use /System/Library/Extensions/AMDFramebuffer.kext and /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext from Catalina 10.15.0 for Catalina 10.15.1.

Edited by n.d.k

13 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Also because has nothing to do with Clover. It is a third party program.

Yeah. Anyway, talking about "third party" I added my Clover themes on to this path:

~/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverV2/themespkg

But ./makepkg gives me these output logs (screenshot below).

Honestly, only these themes are located there:

- Catalina

- Neon

- Smooth

It seems just warning not error, since *.pkg built contains 3 themes above.

I'm just curious it just happens recently, I meant "the logs" didn't appear with prev commits. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 15.19.03.jpg

#EDIT: This is the last commit I'm using on my local repo ATM.

Edited by Badruzeus

Questions about CloverConfigurator moved out

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Yeah. Anyway, talking about "third party" I added my Clover themes on to this path:

~/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverV2/themespkg

But ./makepkg gives me these output logs (screenshot below).

Honestly, only these themes are located there:

- Catalina

- Neon

- Smooth

It seems just warning not error, since *.pkg built contains 3 themes above.

I'm just curious it just happens recently, I meant "the logs" didn't appear with prev commits. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 15.19.03.jpg

#EDIT: This is the last commit I'm using on my local repo ATM.

makepkg script assumes present "newyear" and "chistmas" themes.

OK, thanks @Slice I could just ignore those assumptions.

Now about some "cosmetics" on SystemProfiler;

From my screenshot below, how to change:

"Clover EFI Bootloader" to "Current Clover Version" (eg. Clover v2.5k r5098)

// where "Current Clover Version" is fetched automatically.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 18.32.12.jpg

And these are what I use on "~/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c"

ZeroMem(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING);
  AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "To Be Filled By OEM");
  AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n  BIOS Version: ");
  AsciiStrnCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, gSettings.RomVersion, iStrLen(gSettings.RomVersion, 64));
  AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n  Release Date: ");
  AsciiStrnCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, gSettings.ReleaseDate, iStrLen(gSettings.ReleaseDate, 64));
  AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n  Board-ID       : ");
  AsciiStrnCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, gSettings.BoardNumber, iStrLen(gSettings.BoardNumber, 64));
  AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n⌘  Powered by Clover EFI Bootloader\n");
  UpdateSmbiosString(newSmbiosTable, &newSmbiosTable.Type11->StringCount, OEMString);

Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

Should be

AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);

Test, please!

Or use

PoolPrint("\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);

Or it will be more complex because of Ascii <-> Unicode conversion

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

Should be

AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);

Test, please!

Or use

PoolPrint("\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);

Or it will be more complex because of Ascii <-> Unicode conversion

I got these errors with strings above: (1)

Spoiler

/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c: In function 'PatchTableType11':
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1090:99: error: stray '\357' in program
 1090 |   AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);
      |                                                                                                   ^
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1090:100: error: stray '\273' in program
 1090 |   AsciiStrCatS(OEMString, MAX_OEM_STRING, "\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);
      |                                                                                                    ^
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1090:101: error: stray '\277' in program
      |                                                                                                     ^
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1090:3: error: too many arguments to function 'AsciiStrCatS'
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Platform.h:21,
                 from /Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:22:
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h:719:1: note: declared here
  719 | AsciiStrCatS (
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~
make: Nothing to be done for `tbuild'.
Building ... /Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/Protocols/DriverOverride/DriverOverride.inf [X64]
make: *** [/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/smbios.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:57:05, Nov.05 2019
Build total time: 00:00:37

And this (2):

Spoiler

/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c: In function 'PatchTableType11':
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1090:13: error: passing argument 1 of 'PoolPrint' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
 1090 |   PoolPrint("\n⌘  Powered by Clover v2.5k %s\n", gFirmwareRevision);
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |             |
      |             char *
In file included from /Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Platform.h:79,
                 from /Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:22:
/Users/badruzeus/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/../refit/IO.h:120:1: note: expected 'CHAR16 *' {aka 'short unsigned int *'} but argument is of type 'char *'
  120 | PoolPrint (
      | ^~~~~~~~~