Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

20,626 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

is the F4 command changed? I installed clean Catalina and trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 but nothing happens. After boot, I am checking origins files in EFI but it's always empty no files. 

 

Could you please someone guide to me how can I create origins ACPI files on Catalina? or am I doing something wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
1 minute ago, telepati said:

is the F4 command changed? I installed clean Catalina and trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 but nothing happens. After boot, I am checking origins files in EFI but it's always empty no files. 

 

Could you please someone guide to me how can I create origins ACPI files on Catalina? or am I doing something wrong?

F4 should be pressed in Clover GUI, not in Catalina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slice said:

F4 should be pressed in Clover GUI, not in Catalina.

 

Of course. I already said I am trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 (it's mean on Clover GUI). But the folder always empty doesn't create anything. BTW I am using the latest clover v5096.

 

I tried 3 times and it's always empty.

Edited by telepati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Slice

 

Clover r5096 - 902c497a compile: instead of update, a fresh EFI folder is create beside the existing one.

 

I don't understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slice also this version r5096 doesn't create an ACPI folder on the first install. After making clean install I boot with the hotkey and install this version to my drive and when I checked my EFI no ACPI folder created. Normally clover always creates an ACPI folder. I will test with other versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, telepati said:

@Slice also this version r5096 doesn't create an ACPI folder on the first install. After making clean install I boot with the hotkey and install this version to my drive and when I checked my EFI no ACPI folder created. Normally clover always creates an ACPI folder. I will test with other versions.

 

Right. Clover always create a ACPI folder. Test with other version is not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

 

Right. Clover always create a ACPI folder. Test with other version is not necessary. 

 

But, I tested it and no ACPI folder created. I installed all versions from GitHub and none of them create an ACPI folder.

 

Normally Clover always adding crucial folders every new update. For example, I am deleting (10.12 10.13, 10.14, etc.) inside of the kexts folder. When I update clover its always create this folder again. I delete it ACPI folder which I created manually and install clover again its creating other folders but it doesn't create an ACPI folder.

Edited by telepati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, telepati said:

 

But, I tested it and no ACPI folder created. I installed all versions from GitHub and none of them create an ACPI folder.

 

Normally Clover always adding crucial folders every new update. For example, I am deleting (10.12 10.13, 10.14, etc.) inside of the kexts folder. When I update clover its always create this folder again. I delete it ACPI folder which I created manually and install clover again its creating other folders but it doesn't create an ACPI folder.

Should be already resolved

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/e9ba34e5a1fcda2bc4bceca796b4dda6afdc3fd3

but not in the release yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Slice

 

Clover r5096 - 902c497a compile: there is a issue here. Instead of update, a fresh EFI folder in USB pendrive is create beside the existing one. 

 

I don't understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

 

Clover r5096 - 902c497a compile: there is a issue here. Instead of update, a fresh EFI folder in USB pendrive is create beside the existing one. 

 

I don't understand why.

You meant it was forced to copied to a new name?..because it can't be the same folder name. I am kinda confused here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You meant it was forced to copied to a new name?..because it can't be the same folder name. I am kinda confused here.

 

 Clover r5096 - commit '902c497a' create a clean EFI Folder beside the good one, with the same name. These is only for USB pen drive. Strange.

 

SOLVED: all works fine

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You meant it was forced to copied to a new name?..because it can't be the same folder name. I am kinda confused here.

Uhmmb, I think what he meant; when installing Clover v2.5k r5096 package onto USB Pendrive; old EFI there replaced with new one so.. he lost previous files.

 

Me personally, have no issue with this. Already tried on HighSierra (HFS+) and Catalina (APFS).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, i cannot access to read diff to each version to follow from R5092 to r5097, and hackintool propose r5097. So what is the url address to read history of each issue ?

 

thanks to all

Edited by maclinuxG4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

hello, i cannot access to read diff to each version to follow from R5092 to r5097, and hackintool propose r5097. So what is the url address to read history of each issue ?

 

thnaks to all

 

Just here. Releases and commits

 

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

website stops to display after release r5093 why ? (on web sourceforge clover)

 

SourceForge is a archive repo now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran into two problems for legacy bios (non EFi).  After creating a second volume inside the same APFS container and installing Catalina it won’t boot, clover installed in EFI.  The first volume is Mojave no issues.  Is it possible clover in EFI won’t boot 2nd 3rd etc volumes in same container?  I should say it starts to boot but its never able to complete the boot process. I see from verbose boot it stops in my case at the IOUSBHost Interface and the last thing I see before the screen text becomes frozen and shattered with the prohibited sign is the message ‘still waiting for root device’.  I have to assume that the kexts in the EFI partition are not being read?
 

The second problem is when I partition the single hard drive which creates two containers and install Catalina into the 2nd container’s volume, it only goes through the initial first part of the install process after which a reboot there is no second phase to install to MacOS from clover GUI even though the data install folder does exist with the correct size and files inside the 2nd container’s volume. 

 

i just now tried this on a SSD with legacy bios same results so it’s not related to the hard drive versus SSD.  

 

Is there something more I need to do to have multiple MacOS Installs on the same APFS Hard Drive non SSD?  
 

I have not tried this on a modem EFI bios machine just legacy.  Should there only be one EFI partition even after you partition the drive into multiple containers?
 

Has anyone tried this on their legacy bios machines getting the same results as me?

 

 

Edited:

This is definitely related to legacy bios I tried the same hard drive in an EFI bios machine no problems booting either volume from the same container, and was able to complete the install if the volume was on the 2nd container.  Maybe only related to this motherboard GA-G41M-ES2L?

 

Edited Again:

I can confirm with another legacy bios machine some issue between the Bios and more current clover revisions from r5093 through r5097 is what I tested so far.  

 

 

Edited by oSxFr33k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oSxFr33k said:

I can confirm with another legacy bios machine some issue between the Bios and more current clover revisions from r5093 through r5097 is what I tested so far.

I have no issue, just dd boot0ss to disk0 && boot1f32 to disk0s1 with Legacy (GPT + EFI). Having 2 macOS(es) inside APFS Container: Mojave 10.14.6 + Catalina 10.15 and they're able to boot. Not really sure with IOUSBHost issue, OS version specific may be? I remember still need "FixOwnership" under Device if booting Clover Legacy (I use patched ACPI for USB btw)

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I have no issue, just dd boot0ss to disk0 && boot1f32 to disk0s1 with Legacy (GPT + EFI). Having 2 macOS(es) inside APFS Container: Mojave 10.14.6 + Catalina 10.15 and they're able to boot. Not really sure with IOUSBHost issue, OS version specific may be? I remember still need "FixOwnership" under Device if booting Clover Legacy (I use patched ACPI for USB btw)

 

 

It just stops booting at that point nothing wrong with USB because the other drive has Catalina on it and it boots just fine.   I also have a second Catalina installed onto 2nd volume of first container and first volume of 2nd container.   I have to try this instead I have been using boot0af forever with legacy bios, never tried boot0ss, and maybe now with new APFS need boot0ss?.  Are you using the legacy only clover installer or the latest clover package that allows for legacy settings?  During clover install you chose boot0ss then reboot then in terminal ran dd command?  What if I have a second container what would the command be for that, just change to "&& to boot1s1' for example?  Is there a new thread going on about this with new APFS and legacy boot would like to get more information on it.  Thanks!

Edited by oSxFr33k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, oSxFr33k said:

 

 

It just stops booting at that point nothing wrong with USB because the other drive has Catalina on it and it boots just fine.   I also have a second Catalina installed onto 2nd volume of first container and first volume of 2nd container.   I have to try this instead I have been using boot0af forever with legacy bios, never tried boot0ss, and maybe now with new APFS need boot0ss?.  Are you using the legacy only clover installer or the latest clover package that allows for legacy settings?  During clover install you chose boot0ss then reboot then in terminal ran dd command?  What if I have a second container what would the command be for that, just change to "&& to boot1s1' for example?  Is there a new thread going on about this with new APFS and legacy boot would like to get more information on it.  Thanks!

It looks like a bug. We shouldn't install boot1*** into disk1 volume because it is APFS container, not real disk.

Otherwise I have one drive disk0 with installed boot sectors. I have EFI folder on it with legacy Clover boot (it was boot6) and it successfully starts Mojave from APFS container in legacy mode. Computer #1 in my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a how to to migrate from sourceforge to GitHub? What do I need to do to re-initialise the gitlab locally on Mac?

 

Edit: I see, there is a buildme script.

Edited by smolderas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • Similar Content

    • By e97
      HackPro X99 System
      Until Apple blesses us with the MacPro7,1 – this is for those that require tools to do their work.
      An appropriate bicycle for the mind.
       
       

       

       

       
      Specs:
       
      CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2678 v3 (12 core, 2.5 GHz / 3.3 GHz Boost)
      Motherboard: SZMZ X99-8D3
      RAM: 16GB DDR3-14900R 1866Mhz ECC RDIMM modules
      GPU: Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB
      Storage: Phison E12 m.2 NVMe PCI-E 3.0 x4 SSD
      Water blocks: BARROW CPU + GPU
      Radiator: 360mm x 25mm slim
      Pump: DDC
       
      Case dimensions: 431 mm x 342 mm x 177 mm
       
       
       
      XCPM OFF
       

       
      XCPM ON
       

       
      OpenCL
       

       
       
       
      iMacPro1,1
       

       
       

       
      OpenCL
       

       
       
      NVMe
       

       
       
      Win 10 x64 v1809
       
      AIDA64 - Cache & Memory
       

       
       
      Download:  https://github.com/xe97/X99-8D3-Clover
       
       
       
       
       
      Anyone else I forgot
       
       
    • By digivish
      Hi All - quick thing - I have a NUC 8i7BEH with 32GB RAM and 2 x 1TB SSD drives. Each drive has its own OS - Windows 10 and Catalina 10.15.
       
      Clover works well - Catalina Boots, so does Windows.
      Catalina - has sound over HDMI (to my monitor's speakers)
      Windows - no audio device found - It does show Realtek and Intel Display Drivers - but the speaker has a red"x" and in Devices, there is no entry for Microphone Array under Audio Input/Output. It does, however, show Intel display over the HDMI - but actually no sound.
       
      I have tried reinstalling Realtek drivers - now here's the thing...when it installs, it first uninstalls existing Realtek drivers - at this stage (and it's important) the sound starts working - as if uninstalling did the trick. As part of the installing, I have to reboot and upon reboot, it actually reinstalls the Realtek drivers. After that, I'm back to square 1. Unsure if it's the config.plist or boot args in clover. But something with Clover for sure.
       
      I have tested this by removing the Mac Drive with clover and just booting directly to Windows 10 bootloader and everything works as it should, I have sound over HDMI and the audio device shows. Just not when I boot with Clover.
       
      has anyone experienced this and have thoughts or pointers.
       
      Thanks a ton!
    • By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---

      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685
       
      --Original Post--
       
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=11237
       
      --Bios/UEFI Settings--
       
      *Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab
       
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1
       
      2- Go to BIOS tab
       
      CSM Support - Disabled
       
      3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab
       
      Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled
       
      4- Go to Chipset tab
       
      Internal Graphics - Enable
       
      ---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
      ---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10578
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
       
      ---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---
       
      RunMe.app
       
       
       
      ---HARDWARE---
       
      --MOBO

      GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --PROCESSOR

      Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

      --COOLER

      CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

      --MEMORY

      Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

      --GPU

      MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

      --SSD

      Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --POWER SUPPLY

      EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

      --WIRELESS

      TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

      --CASE

      Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

      --DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---




















      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By kylon
      ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG
       
      Tested on Catalina 10.15.1 and Clover EFI 5098 (Should work on MacOS 10.9.x - 10.15.x)
       
      Not Working:
      - sd card reader
      - Atheros AR9462 (use a compatible USB wireless adapter, see below)
      - Touchscreen (MacOS 10.15 only)
       
       
      Notes:
      Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot. Legacy Mode is recommended.  
      **To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**
       
       
      About the Atheros card:
      You can install ATH9KFixup (you will also need additional patches on 10.14+ to restore Atheros support) to enable this card, however,
      it will break sleep on MacOS 10.14+, it can freeze your OS at any time and it can freeze your network settings.
      Because of its instability it is highly recommended to buy a USB wireless adapter.
       
      You can find a list of working adapters, and the drivers, here.
       
       
      Additional things you will need:
      Latest Clover config (AcerAspireV5-571pg - CCE Bank) from here CloverEFI (download) or OpenCore (download - Untested) WhateverGreen (download) VoodooPS2 (download) VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager (download) AppleALC (download) Lilu (download) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (download)  
      CloverEFI drivers you will need:
      ApfsDriverLoader EmuVariableUefi FSInject DataHubDxe VBoxHfs (if you have hfs partitions)  
      Remember to install BIOS drivers if you enable Legaby Boot.
       
       
       
      Feel free to ask for help.
      Please send me a PM if you have fixes or improvements, thanks.
    • By oldman20
      Hi all, i just want to know how can use mouse & keyboard USB with USB port when Cloverbootloader startup? I installed Ps2MouseDxe.efi and UsbMouseDxe.efi but not work, while touchpad and keyboard integrated laptop working!!
      thanks all!
      and 2nd question is: i installed success Catalina with APFS format, in Disk Utility show 2 partition is Catalina SSD and Catalina Data?? what is it?

      more and last, sorry cause it's short question: which most right, in 2 ways create USB installer Catalina,
      sorry my bad english!

      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled && echo Catalina Boot Drive Created

      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction

      thanks and regards    
×