ErmaC

Clover General discussion

20,273 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Yeah, I've noticed that, too! But since I've never used the iso before, I thought maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. Maybe it takes them from somewhere else.

Anyway, even with your ISO, I've got the exact same result:

1. DVD drive only visible if UEFI booting disabled (CSM enabled) which I guess it makes sense..if it's supposed to be for legacy booting only?

2. booting with that, I get stuck at exactly the same error "Not Found". If that's intended, well, I guess test passed....? But I can't get any further than that.

Also, if I press Enter on that error screen, I get this.

IMG_20190711_091833.thumb.jpg.996362c92944d0e768c210537dfe9ff8.jpg

Also, checking the default config, I'm not sure if my system can boot with that.

I need KernelPM enabled in Kernel and Kext Patches.

Also, can you even boot with absolutely nothing in SMBIOS?

Also, I guess the iso is only for people who can boot with the default configuration? Meaning without changing anything on that iso. Cause otherwise, how would you even edit that iso AFTER it got compiled? Isn't that read-only? What can you use on MacOS to edit an ISO? Doesn't seem to work by default.

And even with hdiutil mount -readwrite /path-to-iso.iso doesn't seem to work... Or I'm doing it wrong.

Says:

hdiutil: mount failed - Function not implemented

Also, speaking of drivers, in your iso, I can see this.

2045109834_Screenshot2019-07-11at09_33_28.thumb.png.da9fb4653fb481b134193165abf9057d.png

I tried to make a clean build of Clover iso, and while this time I got some drivers, the important ones seem to be all under drivers/BIOS, and not so much under drivers/UEFI. Is that intended...?

1596258691_Screenshot2019-07-11at09_35_25.thumb.png.822fb2ea38b50b8651baf14bb607715a.png
357843094_Screenshot2019-07-11at09_20_40.thumb.png.ce0873ed25b94dc421665c384f1b07c0.png

This should be corrected.

BIOS drivers will not include Fat, HFS, AptioFix, UsbMouse and Ps2Mouse. They are already in cdboot file.

UEFI drivers not needed here as UEFI boot is not possible.

Default config can be corrected in Clover GUI. Press letter "o" and see new menu.

About "Not found". It is the message from DeleteFromBootOrder() procedure. I have to remember what is mean and why it can not work and why KP after it.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Yeah, I've noticed that, too! But since I've never used the iso before, I thought maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. Maybe it takes them from somewhere else.

Anyway, even with your ISO, I've got the exact same result:

1. DVD drive only visible if UEFI booting disabled (CSM enabled) which I guess it makes sense..if it's supposed to be for legacy booting only?

2. booting with that, I get stuck at exactly the same error "Not Found". If that's intended, well, I guess test passed....? But I can't get any further than that.

Also, if I press Enter on that error screen, I get this.

Also, checking the default config, I'm not sure if my system can boot with that.

I need KernelPM enabled in Kernel and Kext Patches.

Also, can you even boot with absolutely nothing in SMBIOS?

Also, I guess the iso is only for people who can boot with the default configuration? Meaning without changing anything on that iso. Cause otherwise, how would you even edit that iso AFTER it got compiled? Isn't that read-only? What can you use on MacOS to edit an ISO? Doesn't seem to work by default.

And even with hdiutil mount -readwrite /path-to-iso.iso doesn't seem to work... Or I'm doing it wrong.

Says:

hdiutil: mount failed - Function not implemented

Also, speaking of drivers, in your iso, I can see this.

I tried to make a clean build of Clover iso, and while this time I got some drivers, the important ones seem to be all under drivers/BIOS, and not so much under drivers/UEFI. Is that intended...?

Hi @arsradu and @vector sigma,

@vector sigma,

There is a mistake in the makeiso script (introduced in commit for r4987), so that all the intended extra efi drivers for /drivers/UEFI ended up in /drivers/BIOS instead...

916848555_Cloverr4989ISOwrongfolderforUEFIdrivers.thumb.png.82963f2e74a91adec0276ef0ef34c3a8.png

I have fixed the script makeiso_fixed.zip so it now places the drivers in the UEFI folder (and also copies the needed ApfsDriverLoader.efi to /drivers/BIOS).

Spoiler

1845656739_Cloverr4989ISOUEFIdriversfolderfixed.png.d6c03e35d332cf216cc740b8b0ab68bf.png

For @arsradu,

To make a custom Clover ISO with your desired config.plist, assuming you have just built the standard Clover r4989 with eg Build_Clover.command...

1.  Rename ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/makeiso to say makeiso_orig.  In its place, copy my fixed file above.

2.  Delete ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/config-sample.plist.  Copy your desired config.plist (which you know boots your system) to the same folder, giving it the name config-sample.plist

3.  Copy all the kexts you normally need to inject with Clover to ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/ThirdParty/kexts/Other

4.  Run my new makeiso script in terminal...

cd ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage
chmod +x makeiso
./makeiso  

The custom ISO will be created in the ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym folder.

The red screen error and your inability to boot in UEFI only mode maybe some firmware incompatibility or even the default Clovy svg theme (I have a red screen error on my legacy BIOS machines if I use Clovy theme instead of my normal BGM).  As I showed in the above post, at least theoretically, the Clover ISO is able to boot in UEFI mode successfully as a virtual CD/DVD-ROM attached to a VMware Workstation 12 VM.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Slice said:

This should be corrected.

BIOS drivers will not include Fat, HFS, AptioFix, UsbMouse and Ps2Mouse. They are already in cdboot file.

UEFI drivers not needed here as UEFI boot is not possible.

Default config can be corrected in Clover GUI. Press letter "o" and see new menu.

About "Not found". It is the message from DeleteFromBootOrder() procedure. I have to remember what is mean and why it can not work and why KP after it.

I see.... 

Thing is..., I do not reach Clover GUI, at all. So...can't change anything on-the-fly. I just select the DVD from boot menu, a few lines appear (not enough time to actually read it), then blinking cursor in the top-left corner (I think that's normal for Legacy booting) aand then it gets stuck on that "not found" message. And if I press Enter on that screen, it goes to that red text screen I posted above.

So, I never get to actually tweak the config in any way, since I never reach Clover GUI.

10 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

For @arsradu,

To make a custom Clover ISO with your desired config.plist, assuming you have just built the standard Clover r4989 with eg Build_Clover.command...

1.  Rename ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/makeiso to say makeiso_orig.  In its place, copy my fixed file above.

2.  Delete ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/config-sample.plist.  Copy your desired config.plist (which you know boots your system) to the same folder, giving it the name config-sample.plist

3.  Copy all the kexts you normally need to inject with Clover to ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/ThirdParty/kexts/Other

4.  Run my new makeiso script in terminal...

chmod +x makeiso
./makeiso  

The custom ISO will be created in the ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym folder.

The red screen error and your inability to boot in UEFI only mode maybe some firmware incompatibility or even the default Clovy svg theme (I have a red screen error on my legacy BIOS machines if I use Clovy theme instead of my normal BGM).  As I showed in the above post, at least theoretically, the Clover ISO is able to boot in UEFI mode successfully as a virtual CD/DVD-ROM attached to a VMware Workstation 12 VM.

Thank you! I'll try it when I get home. :D 

Edited by arsradu

10 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I got this problem when installing Clover r4988,,

I have run "sudo mount -uw /" and "sudo killall Finder" before install

image.png.757a7c50c24fb7bf165b834c53c442c6.png

It worked on me with this command   sudo mount -uw / killall Finder under Catalina

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

It worked on me with this command   sudo mount -uw / killall Finder under Catalina

I have run that command before install CLOVER

image.thumb.png.7fae1239cf64d2a0f5e5b7e2a2174533.png

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I have run that command before install CLOVER

image.thumb.png.7fae1239cf64d2a0f5e5b7e2a2174533.png

I saw.

I use this method:

Capture d’écran 2019-07-11 à 10.56.05.png

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I saw.

I use this method:

Capture d’écran 2019-07-11 à 10.56.05.png

Solved :
I made login shell to ZSH and re run command above,, i change it to bash before. After that i need to chooset "Install Anyway"
image.png.628cce03a4299c18944558c2416d68d8.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 16.03.01.png

Posted (edited)

I'm getting this error when building 4990:

================= Making all in boot1-install =================
	[XCODE] boot1-install
================= Making all in partutil =================
	[XCODE] partutil
================= Making all in bdmesg =================
	[XCODE] bdmesg
================= Making all in clover-genconfig =================
	[XCODE] clover-genconfig
Error: don't call the '/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/makeiso' script directly !
Use the 'make iso' command instead

Don't call ./makeiso script directly? How else would you call it? By mail? That might take a while. :)))

Joking, of course. But anyway, interesting error. What's funnier is that it seems to be building iso ok, despite that error... :)) And I'm getting the same error even if I run "make iso" as suggested instead of "./makeiso".

I think this was previously there. I just didn't see it, cause I don't usually build iso for myself.

Edited by arsradu

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, arsradu said:

Perfect! Then I can just update and build directly from source. Awesome. Thank you!

@arsradu,

You still need to follow steps 2-4 in the post above so that the ISO contains the normal config.plist you use to boot your system and all your normal kexts (otherwise by default, only FakeSMC.kext is included in the ISO).

Also, if you want to exclude the Clovy theme as the cause of your red screen error, you can use this script that uses the embedded theme instead makeiso_embedded.zip:

1.  Copy my makeiso_embedded file above to ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage

4.  Copy the embedded theme folder from ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/themes to ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/themespkg

5.  Run my new makeiso_embedded script in terminal...

chmod +x makeiso_embedded
./makeiso_embedded  

In addition, there might be a specific procedure for your particular brand/model of computer to boot in UEFI mode to CD/DVD-ROM eg google "boot in uefi mode to cd" might give relevant results.

Another possibility is that your firmware in UEFI mode cannot read the CD/DVD-ROM because it lacks the necessary built in uefi file system drivers?  Maybe try booting to an UEFI shell first, load CD drivers + HFS driver eg VBoxIso9600-64.efi, GrubUDF-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi (google procedure to load efi drivers with UEFI shell), then chain load to Clover on the CD?

Good Luck!

Edited by fusion71au
extra info

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

1. killall Finder does nothing for the pkg, other then close all windows even if you don't want.
  2. Installer.app parse all things (Distribution, Payloads, PakageInfos, Boms), so if Apple doesn't want Us to run a package that installs things to the System volume .... we can't. 'sudo mount -uw' worked in beta1 but not in beta3 (by put this command in a preinstall script). 
  3. Solution? Not sure. Should we try to implement a call to an external script from the command line by making a java-script function in the Distribution file, or call osascript to display a dialog. The Distribution is in use before the error appears.. 
  4. I'm not a java dev :whistle:
  5. Anyone has taken a look to the kernel if a read-write flag exist???
  6. Another "possible" solution is to modify the clover daemon, which I suppose runs as root, to receive an argument and so do the job for us. In a frensh installation we'll need to run the command by hand... later attempts will be automatic.
Edited by vector sigma

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

@fusion71au Thanks! I'll take a closer look tonight. And yeah, despite of the fact that now your changes are in the source, I didn't forget about the other steps. :) 

You may consider to also revert local changes by cd into Clover and:

svn revert -R .

and keep a clean source..

1 hour ago, fusion71au said:

Also, if you want to exclude the Clovy theme as the cause of your red screen error, you can use this script that uses the embedded theme instead makeiso_embedded.zip:

Agree. For ISO embedded theme is preffered.

Posted (edited)

Implementing a java script for the clover package is not really a very difficult thing.

I made a very basic one here that works to make Catalina's disk read and write.

I do the video demonstration that it works with the one I did

Distribution-RW

<installation-check script="pm_install_check();"/>
    <script>function pm_install_check() {
  if(!(/* &gt;= */ system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.6.0') &gt;= 0)) {
    my.result.title = 'Failure';
    my.result.message = 'You must have at least MacOS X 10.16 to use this program.';
    my.result.type = 'Fatal';
    return false;
  }
  if(!(system.run('~/src/tools/RW-script.sh') == true)) {
    my.result.title = 'Disk in RW';
    my.result.message = 'If you have entered your password and there has been a killall Finder is that the script is well executed. Otherwise make sure RW-script.sh script it is in /HOME/src/tools';
    my.result.type = '';
    return false;
  }
  return true;
}
</script>

RW-script.sh

#!/bin/bash

osascript -e 'do shell script "sudo mount -uw / & killall Finder" with administrator privileges'

From now you can modify the java code so that the sexecute script inside Clover package Resources.

Good Hack :D

RW-script.sh.zip

Distribution-RW.zip

Edited by chris1111

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Implementing a java script for the clover package is not really a very difficult thing.

I made a very basic one here that works to make Catalina's disk read and write.

I do the video demonstration that it works with the one I did

Distribution-RW

<installation-check script="pm_install_check();"/>
    <script>function pm_install_check() {
  if(!(/* &gt;= */ system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.6.0') &gt;= 0)) {
    my.result.title = 'Failure';
    my.result.message = 'You must have at least MacOS X 10.16 to use this program.';
    my.result.type = 'Fatal';
    return false;
  }
  if(!(system.run('~/src/tools/RW-script.sh') == true)) {
    my.result.title = 'Disk in RW';
    my.result.message = 'If you have entered your password and there has been a killall Finder is that the script is well executed. Otherwise make sure RW-script.sh script it is in /HOME/src/tools';
    my.result.type = '';
    return false;
  }
  return true;
}
</script>

RW-script.sh

#!/bin/bash

osascript -e 'do shell script "sudo mount -uw / & killall Finder" with administrator privileges'

From now you can modify the java code so that the sexecute script inside Clover package Resources.

Good Hack :D

Distribution-RW.zip

RW-script.sh.zip

Exactly what I had in mind. Should be cool then to run osascript directly in the Distribution..

Posted (edited)

Hi All:

I got a issue when compile Clover EFI. It failure when compile gettext-0.20.1. Attach file is gettext.make.log.txt.

I remember it could run before. I could build Clover_v2.4k_r4980.pkg success. But after I update Clover + edk2, it became to failure.

macOS: 10.14.5

Xciode: Version 10.2.1 (10E1001)

Any idea? 

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_close_stdout", referenced from:
      _main in gettext-gettext.o
  "_error", referenced from:
  "_gnu_basename", referenced from:
  "_program_name", referenced from:
      _usage in gettext-gettext.o
  "_proper_name", referenced from:
  "_rpl_getopt_long", referenced from:
  "_rpl_optarg", referenced from:
  "_rpl_optind", referenced from:
  "_set_program_name", referenced from:
  "_xmalloc", referenced from:
      _expand_escape in gettext-gettext.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

-----------

Hi All:

I've solved this issue.

I found there are another "libtool" and "ar" file located out of /usr/bin. "ar" seem be installed with binutils which installed by Homebrew. Remove binutils will fixed this issue:

$ brew uninstall binutils

gettext.make.log.txt

Edited by Ben.Cheng

27 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Should be cool then to run osascript directly in the Distribution..

Really cool !!

Posted (edited)

I was curious about the new packaging (which looks good) - but was specifically curious about the exclusion of the EXT_PACKAGES - such as the AptioMemoryFix group?

Are we left to figure out which one is best/works -- or what is the thought/rationale on this aspect?

thanks

AptioMemoryFix.efi (external)

vs

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv.efi

OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi

Edited by tluck

10 minutes ago, brousseau6933 said:

Not sure if I'm off topic:

Clover 4988 on Sourceforge: missing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in the package.

I'll wait, better safe than sorry.

1 minute ago, tluck said:

I was curious about the new packaging (which looks good) - but was specifically curious about the exclusion of the EXT_PACKAGES - such as the AptioMemoryFix group?

Are we left to figure out which one is bests or what is the thought/rationale on this aspect?

thanks

AptioMemoryFix.efi (external)

vs

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv.efi

OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi

EXT_PACKAGES gives errors which we cannot control and people asked here why, unless you want to import almost all the OpenCore source code Lol. If you have AptioMemoryFix installed the package will not touch it unless you decide to install one of the *AptioFix* included in Clover. Later if I have time I want to implement back all the changes they made to the original OsxAptioFix which AptioMemoryFix is based on :).

Just updated to 4988 and am confused by install. There is a drivers64UEFI folder in clover folder.

1) Is this left over from my original 4972 install and was not deleted by Clover?

2) Will this be a problem when I restart?

3) Do I just put the drivers in the drivers64UEFI folder into the new drivers>UEFI folder and delete the driver64UEFI folder?

4) Why do I have a BIOS folder when I have a UEFI mobo and did not select any of those during install?

Thanks!