Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,695 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Hi

 

Compile Clover under Catalina/ Xcode 11:) succeded (UDK script 2018). I can compile too after modify from Build_Clover.command :thumbsup_anim: 

 

 

But without revision  number. into both case. See below

 

Capture d’écran 2019-06-21 à 11.54.12.png

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Clover Package correct me if Iam wrong on Catalina the path for installing Clover themeManager is /System/Applications not /Applications 

right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry if this is out of topic.. 
But i want to ask,, did macOS Mojave and Catalina work fine with VT-D enable and no drop table for it??? I didn't drop DMAR table and i didn't use dart=0 as boot argument. And i still can boot and see AppleVTd in IOREG. Should i disable it?????

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 02.54.38.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

 

Compile Clover under Catalina/ Xcode 11:) succeded (UDK script 2018). I can compile too after modify from Build_Clover.command :thumbsup_anim: 

 

 

But without revision  number. into both case. See below

 

Capture d’écran 2019-06-21 à 11.54.12.png

 

Hi again

 

revision number missing after compilation (Catalina Beta 2 / Xcode 11 Beta). 

 

Any idea, why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi again

revision number missing after compilation (Catalina Beta 2 / Xcode 11 Beta). 

Any idea, why

If I still remember, macOS Catalina now uses ZSH by default. Try using Bash as your Terminal's Shell instead of ZSH, relaunch Terminal then rebuild Clover.

Changing Your Default Shell From Terminal
Open Terminal and enter the following command:

$ chsh -s path
Where path is one of shell paths listed in /etc/shells, such as /bin/zsh, /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/dash, /bin/ksh, /bin/sh, or /bin/tcsh.

#EDIT: Also consider doing this :

cd ~/src/UDK2018
rm -rf Build
make -C BaseTools/Source/C

 

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

 

Hi again

 

revision number missing after compilation (Catalina Beta 2 / Xcode 11 Beta). 

 

Any idea, why

 

I also noticed the missing revision number when making the Clover Package with the makepkg script in Catalina (Xcode 10.2.1).  The build log throws the error below ...

 

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro Clover % cd CloverPackage
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro CloverPackage % ./makepkg
./makepkg: line 38: svnversion: command not found

 

Spoiler

 

543099151_makepkgfromCloverPackage.png.c8b064b70072e6871d18bf2e1b4c3686.png

 

15159788_makepkgerror.thumb.png.40560189c8e280f66fe7239401340d6d.png

 

 

 

Strangely enough, when I build Clover with the Build_Clover.command in Catalina, the Clover revision number is generated OK.  Also revision number ok with make iso...


 

Spoiler

 

Build_Clover.command.png.6103da0852e70a743cf7470c0bd54616.png

 

1045538319_makeisofromCloverPackage.png.54192bbc2ae11ad308b6968598fa0a68.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

 

I also noticed the missing revision number when making the Clover Package with the makepkg script in Catalina (Xcode 10.2.1).  The build log throws the error below ...

 


fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro Clover % cd CloverPackage
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro CloverPackage % ./makepkg
./makepkg: line 38: svnversion: command not found

 

Are you using Bash? How if update to Subversion 1.12.0? Though, not really sure if the issue comes from SVN hmmmb..

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Are you using Bash? How if update to Subversion 1.12.0? Though, not really sure if the issue comes from SVN hmmmb..

No, everything stock standard in Catalina.

 

If I run svnversion command in Cat terminal ---> get "command not found" (but svn info works so maybe work around)

If I run svnversion command in High Sierra/Mojave terminal---> get correct Clover revision number (4968)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

 

I also noticed the missing revision number when making the Clover Package with the makepkg script in Catalina (Xcode 10.2.1).  The build log throws the error below ...

 


fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro Clover % cd CloverPackage
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro CloverPackage % ./makepkg
./makepkg: line 38: svnversion: command not found

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

543099151_makepkgfromCloverPackage.png.c8b064b70072e6871d18bf2e1b4c3686.png

 

15159788_makepkgerror.thumb.png.40560189c8e280f66fe7239401340d6d.png

 

 

 

Strangely enough, when I build Clover with the Build_Clover.command in Catalina, the Clover revision number is generated OK.  Also revision number ok with make iso...


 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Build_Clover.command.png.6103da0852e70a743cf7470c0bd54616.png

 

1045538319_makeisofromCloverPackage.png.54192bbc2ae11ad308b6968598fa0a68.png

 

 

 

I don't try Xcode 10.2.1 in Catalina, only XCode 11. With Xcode 11 command lines tools installed, I haven't "./makepkg: line 38: subversion: command not found"

 

Strangely, using Build_Clover.command and Dis UDK2018 script,  the Clover revision number is not generated without error message.

 

 

Sorry about my bad english

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cecekpawon said:

If 'svnversion' are gone in newest os, I think switching all 'svnversion' to 'svn info | grep "Revision" | tr -cd [:digit:]' cmd is the best option.

 

I just replaced line 38 in makepkg file (located in ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage folder)

 

revision=$(svnversion -n | tr -d [:alpha:])

 

with

 

revision=$(cat ../vers.txt)

 

referring to vers.txt file in /Clover folder (like makeiso script does) and it works!

 

553670380_makepkgmodified.png.e923994acc56ddd88a475625af080fb6.png

 

The command svn info | grep Revision | tr -cd [:digit:] unfortunately returns no matches found...

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro CloverPackage % svn info | grep Revision | tr -cd [:digit:]             
zsh: no matches found: [:digit:]

 

 

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Strangely, using Build_Clover.command and Dis UDK2018 script,  the Clover revision number is not generated without error message.

 

@Matgen84,

 

1.  Open the vers.txt file in your ~/src/edk2/Clover folder (after building Clover) and confirm it says the correct version eg 4968.

 

2.  Replace ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/makepkg file with attached: makepkg.zip

 

3.  Open terminal and type
 

cd ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage

./makepkg

 

Edited by fusion71au
Extra for @Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fusion71au said:

 

I just replaced line 38 in makepkg file (located in ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage folder)

 

revision=$(svnversion -n | tr -d [:alpha:])

 

with

 

revision=$(cat ../vers.txt)

 

referring to vers.txt file in /Clover folder (like makeiso script does) and it works!

 

553670380_makepkgmodified.png.e923994acc56ddd88a475625af080fb6.png

 

The command svn info | grep Revision | tr -cd [:digit:] unfortunately returns no matches found...


fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-Pro CloverPackage % svn info | grep Revision | tr -cd [:digit:]             
zsh: no matches found: [:digit:]

 

 

 

@Matgen84,

 

1.  Open the vers.txt file in your ~/src/edk2/Clover folder (after building Clover) and confirm it says the correct version eg 4968.

 

2.  Replace ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/makepkg file with attached: makepkg.zip

 

3.  Open terminal and type
 


cd ~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage

./makepkg

 

 

All works fine. Thanks :thumbsup_anim: Do you know a solution for Clover Logo missing in Dark Mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi everyone

i want to test all mac os boot.

i tested

10.13

10.14

10.15

 

if you have lower macos, please report all.

since 10.6~10.12. it will be help for clover with future.

 

no need to install macos. just make usb installer and test get installation windows

 

thanks in advance

injection test.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Sherlocks and Clover Team,

 

Is it possible to display Clover Logo from Background (package/resources) in Dark Mode? Only Light Mode is correct actually. 

Capture d’écran 2019-06-23 à 18.25.58.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi everyone

i want to test all mac os boot.

i tested

10.13

10.14

10.15

 

if you have lower macos, please report all.

since 10.6~10.12. it will be help for clover with future.

 

no need to install macos. just make usb installer and test get installation windows

 

thanks in advance

injection test.zip

The lapic patch works at my first attempt with Catalina just some minutes ago (compiled the latest from sf). What is no longer working is the ivy-bridge xcpm patch, had to use AICPM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi everyone

i want to test all mac os boot.

i tested

10.13

10.14

10.15

 

if you have lower macos, please report all.

since 10.6~10.12. it will be help for clover with future.

 

no need to install macos. just make usb installer and test get installation windows

 

thanks in advance

injection test.zip

@Sherlocks

Hi, I tested the boot on 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 10.10, 10.11, 10.12

and the booting of it worked perfectly.

Except on 10.7 it boots only in legacy mode, but not in uefi mode, but it has always been like that with my System, maybe it's my setup or my hardware.

As a note: I had just booted the installer, had not installed the os versions on hdd/ssd.

I had additionally tested the os versions that I had already installed:

It was 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, they also booted perfectly, but you had already tested that.

And as second note: I used the files from your uploaded zip to test it: injection test.zip.

Couldn't test the version 10.6 because my processor is not compatible with it (Ivy Bridge) and maybe also my Graphic Card (GTX 680)

btw. If the Config file or the Drivers is also important for that test, I can send you the files I used over PM

Edited by tahsinahmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

The lapic patch works at my first attempt with Catalina just some minutes ago (compiled the latest from sf). What is no longer working is the ivy-bridge xcpm patch, had to use AICPM.

 

hi vector. strange. what is your ivy bridge patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tahsinahmed said:

@Sherlocks

Hi, I tested the boot on 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 10.10, 10.11, 10.12

and the booting of it worked perfectly.

Except on 10.7 it boots only in legacy mode, but not in uefi mode, but it has always been like that with my System, maybe it's my setup or my hardware.

As a note: I had just booted the installer, had not installed the os versions on hdd/ssd.

I had additionally tested the os versions that I had already installed:

It was 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, they also booted perfectly, but you had already tested that.

And as second note: I used the files from your uploaded zip to test it: injection test.zip.

Couldn't test the version 10.6 because my processor is not compatible with it (Ivy Bridge) and maybe also my Graphic Card (GTX 680)

btw. If the Config file or the Drivers is also important for that test, I can send you the files I used over PM

 

thanks a lot

10.6 and 10.7 are same like before.

no problems to boot 10.6 and 10.7.

because pattern is not good to define.

so i remained 10.6/10.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Sherlocks and Clover Team,

 

Is it possible to display Clover Logo from Background (package/resources) in Dark Mode? Only Light Mode is correct actually. 

It looks like the problem is macOS DarkMode; not Clover package. Also occurred with another packages as well.

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

It looks like the problem is macOS DarkMode; not Clover package. Also occurred with another packages as well.

It's clearly a bug, already solved in Xcode 10 last year. Not sure we need a solution, which I eventually have (I have a tiny command line for that in the hwsensor project), or just wait for a better Xcode 11 that will fix the bug as already was with predecessor. Anyway I din't try it my self as I installed Catalina only few hours ago, but I will soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

hi vector. strange. what is your ivy bridge patch?

To be clear I've already checked the kernel and the below code seems to at least patch all occurrences as it is programmed for:

BOOLEAN KernelIvyBridgeXCPM(VOID *kernelData, LOADER_ENTRY *Entry, BOOLEAN use_xcpm_idle)
{
  UINT8       *kern = (UINT8*)kernelData;
  CHAR8       *comment;
  UINT32      i;
  UINT32      patchLocation;
  UINT64      os_version = AsciiOSVersionToUint64(Entry->OSVersion);

  // check whether Ivy Bridge
  if (gCPUStructure.Model != CPU_MODEL_IVY_BRIDGE) {
    DBG("Unsupported platform.\nRequires Ivy Bridge, aborted\n");
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
    return FALSE;
  }

  // check OS version suit for patches
  // PMheart: attempt to add 10.14 compatibility
  if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5") || os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.15")) {
    DBG("Unsupported macOS.\nIvy Bridge XCPM requires macOS 10.8.5 - 10.13.x, aborted\n");
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
    return FALSE;
  } else if (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5") && os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12")) {
    // 10.8.5 - 10.11.x no need the following kernel patches on Ivy Bridge - we just use -xcpm boot-args
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===\n");
    return TRUE;
  }

  DBG("Searching _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr ...\n");
  if (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12")) {
    // 10.12+
    patchLocation = 0; // clean out the value just in case
    for (i = 0; i < 0x1000000; i++) {
      if (kern[i+0] == 0xBE && kern[i+1] == 0x07 && kern[i+2] == 0x00 && kern[i+3] == 0x00 &&
          kern[i+4] == 0x00 && kern[i+5] == 0x31 && kern[i+6] == 0xD2 && kern[i+7] == 0xE8) {
        patchLocation = i+7;
        DBG("Found _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr\n");
        break;
      }
    }

    if (patchLocation) {
      for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
        kern[patchLocation+i] = 0x90;
      }
      DBG("Applied _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr patch\n");
    } else {
      DBG("_xcpm_pkg_scope_msr not found, patch aborted\n");
      DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
      return FALSE;
    }
  }

  comment = "_xcpm_bootstrap";
  if (os_version <= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12.5")) {
    // 10.12 - 10.12.5
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x83, 0xC3, 0xC4, 0x83, 0xFB, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x83, 0xC3, 0xC6, 0x83, 0xFB, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.13")) {
    // 10.12.6
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC4, 0x83, 0xF8, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC6, 0x83, 0xF8, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
    // PMheart: attempt to add 10.14 compatibility
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.15")) {
    // 10.13/10.14
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x89, 0xD8, 0x04, 0xC4, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x89, 0xD8, 0x04, 0xC6, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
    // PMheart: attempt to add 10.15 compatibility
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.16")) {
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC4, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC6, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
  }

uless my cpu isn't involved, but should since is it a Core i5 3210M if I correctly understood the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

To be clear I've already checked the kernel and the below code seems to at least patch all occurrences as it is programmed for:


BOOLEAN KernelIvyBridgeXCPM(VOID *kernelData, LOADER_ENTRY *Entry, BOOLEAN use_xcpm_idle)
{
  UINT8       *kern = (UINT8*)kernelData;
  CHAR8       *comment;
  UINT32      i;
  UINT32      patchLocation;
  UINT64      os_version = AsciiOSVersionToUint64(Entry->OSVersion);

  // check whether Ivy Bridge
  if (gCPUStructure.Model != CPU_MODEL_IVY_BRIDGE) {
    DBG("Unsupported platform.\nRequires Ivy Bridge, aborted\n");
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
    return FALSE;
  }

  // check OS version suit for patches
  // PMheart: attempt to add 10.14 compatibility
  if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5") || os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.15")) {
    DBG("Unsupported macOS.\nIvy Bridge XCPM requires macOS 10.8.5 - 10.13.x, aborted\n");
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
    return FALSE;
  } else if (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5") && os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12")) {
    // 10.8.5 - 10.11.x no need the following kernel patches on Ivy Bridge - we just use -xcpm boot-args
    DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===\n");
    return TRUE;
  }

  DBG("Searching _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr ...\n");
  if (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12")) {
    // 10.12+
    patchLocation = 0; // clean out the value just in case
    for (i = 0; i < 0x1000000; i++) {
      if (kern[i+0] == 0xBE && kern[i+1] == 0x07 && kern[i+2] == 0x00 && kern[i+3] == 0x00 &&
          kern[i+4] == 0x00 && kern[i+5] == 0x31 && kern[i+6] == 0xD2 && kern[i+7] == 0xE8) {
        patchLocation = i+7;
        DBG("Found _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr\n");
        break;
      }
    }

    if (patchLocation) {
      for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
        kern[patchLocation+i] = 0x90;
      }
      DBG("Applied _xcpm_pkg_scope_msr patch\n");
    } else {
      DBG("_xcpm_pkg_scope_msr not found, patch aborted\n");
      DBG("KernelIvyBridgeXCPM() <===FALSE\n");
      return FALSE;
    }
  }

  comment = "_xcpm_bootstrap";
  if (os_version <= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.12.5")) {
    // 10.12 - 10.12.5
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x83, 0xC3, 0xC4, 0x83, 0xFB, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x83, 0xC3, 0xC6, 0x83, 0xFB, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.13")) {
    // 10.12.6
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC4, 0x83, 0xF8, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC6, 0x83, 0xF8, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
    // PMheart: attempt to add 10.14 compatibility
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.15")) {
    // 10.13/10.14
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x89, 0xD8, 0x04, 0xC4, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x89, 0xD8, 0x04, 0xC6, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
    // PMheart: attempt to add 10.15 compatibility
  } else if (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.16")) {
    STATIC UINT8 find[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC4, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    STATIC UINT8 repl[] = { 0x8D, 0x43, 0xC6, 0x3C, 0x22 };
    applyKernPatch(kern, find, sizeof(find), repl, comment);
  }

uless my cpu isn't involved, but should since is it a Core i5 3210M if I correctly understood the code.

 

right. seems to check kernelandkextpatch debug option and confirm patch is working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • Similar Content

    • By Pentothal.Z
      Hello all,
      I have a working hackintosh....ok.....but it takes a lot to boot and according to the boot.log there are a few problems.
      One of them is a black screen that stays on for a long time.
      I would like to ask anyone in this community some help to fine tune my machine.
      Boot.log and config.plist attached


      Any help would be appreciated.
      bootlog.txt
      config.plist
    • By metaphysician
      hi folks! i'm just checking for opinions here on a Clover based install of High Sierra. currently i can't boot directly from the internal drive on my hackbook, an ASUS ROG GL502-VS laptop (with the replaced WiFi card), though i can boot from the USB bootloader/installer

      i installed 10.13.6 fine using a prepared vanilla installer on HFS+ (not APFS), but my configuration is somewhat unusual. i have two drives. the first SSD has the Windows system, the second has two partitions with the 2nd partition holding the macOS system. when i ran Clover installer i could not use the UEFI option to copy to the EFI partition because it couldn't find one on that drive. so it installed the EFI folder on the root of the macOS partition instead.
       
      however, after a bit of tinkering around, i found out that there is an existing EFI partition on the primary drive called SYSTEM. it has a EFI folder and underneath that is a Windows folder, a Boot folder, and one called APPLE. i can mount this partition with Clover Configurator and copy files to it, but i don't know if this is a good or risky solution. i was thinking i would manually copy the CLOVER folder and the uefi64.boot file to this partition , making sure not to overwrite anything existing. using the UEFI setup, i can create a boot path from the SYSTEM partition to the Clover boot file, but i'm just curious if this is a useful solution or not, and i don't want to ruin the existing Windows 10 installation for sure. any advice appreciated!
    • By Slice
      OK, 4988 released.
      Now, @vector sigma, what have we do to update translations?
×