ErmaC

Clover General discussion

21,153 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, arsradu said:

Not that I know of. I mean, there shouldn't be any significant changes that would cause boot issues... But if you could provide more information on what happens exactly, that might help. Maybe a boot log. You could boot in verbose mode and see where does it get stuck. You might need to update your drivers, in case you haven't already. So...there could be multiple issues. But I personally haven't encountered such issues. So...maybe you can also upload your Clover folder for a deeper analysis? You can remove the serials from your config.plist/smbios.

Also, I think it might help a lot to know which hardware are you using. Could you, please, update your signature to include this information?

Thanks arsadu, i made updates to my signature. Here is attachment of my current EFI folder (for Dell Vostro from signature with intel HD 620 graphics). I am trying to boot from external SSD attached to USB (It boots up fine with clover 4798, but problematic with latest version 4862)

14 hours ago, iCanaro said:

with mojave 10.14.4beta the kernel has been changed and to start it it is necessary to at least clover 2.4_4862 

My version of Mojave is 10.14.2 (but similar situation is happening on desktop with update 10.14.3 i.e. boot not possible after clover update)

I've made attempts to make screenshots with my phone, but it happens really fast so i don't know if screens are usable to conclude something. Also i have attached my efi folder.

Thank you for help.

Regards

BootSCR01.jpg

BootSCR02.jpg

BootSCR03.jpg

BootSCR04.jpg

BootSCR05.jpg

BootSCR06.jpg

BootSCR07.jpg

BootSCR08.jpg

EFI.zip

Advertisement
2 hours ago, ktwist said:

Thanks arsadu, i made updates to my signature. Here is attachment of my current EFI folder (for Dell Vostro from signature with intel HD 620 graphics). I am trying to boot from external SSD attached to USB (It boots up fine with clover 4798, but problematic with latest version 4862)

My version of Mojave is 10.14.2 (but similar situation is happening on desktop with update 10.14.3 i.e. boot not possible after clover update)

I've made attempts to make screenshots with my phone, but it happens really fast so i don't know if screens are usable to conclude something. Also i have attached my efi folder.

Thank you for help.

Regards

BootSCR04.jpg

EFI.zip

Kernel panic VoodooHDA

Edited by HmO

9 minutes ago, HmO said:

Kernel panic VoodooHDA

Dam :) that was fast HmO... thank you very very very much

Edited by ktwist

2 minutes ago, ktwist said:

Dam :) that was fast HmO... tahnk you verry verry verry much

If you can, I would suggest trying AppleAlc.kext + Lilu.kext. That would be an option. Also, in case you want to continue using Voodoohda, which you definitely can, maybe check if it's up to date.

Aaand, just in case there is an actual Clover issue, that might have been fixed from the latest official build to the latest available, you can give the attached one a try. See if it still occurs. But you should probably start with fixing the VoodooHDA issue first.

Clover_v2.4k_r4870.zip

#Question:

I have 2 config*.plist files:

1. config.plist, it has KextToPatch: A=Enable

2. config_2.plist, with KextToPatch: A=Disable

config.plist will be used by default upon Clover boot. When I change it on "Options - Configs" to config_2.plist; can we make KextToPatch value using last changed (config_2.plist) instead of current boot'ed one? (at least, this is what I got on r4870, a bug?). Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019.

641646779_2019-02-0211_53_36.thumb.png.36f132f4b74fd5758077982d23eee50b.png

824886483_2019-02-0211_53_56.thumb.png.1787ad41eb679b9ecc747c7e7e85f0d6.png

also 

I could not imagine the day that bootchime and Snow Leopard installation video would come together. But recently, thanks to Goldfish64 and Slice, Things I have just imagined in the past have happened recently. Like Old Mac, I felt like a real Mac from the bootchime. After listening to the bootchime, when I listened to the music that came with the installation video, I was able to revive the impression when I first used the Mac. Thank Goldfish64 and Slice again.

Is there away to disable Clover GUI completely and still have bootchime start when the Apple Logo starts? This way to me would make hacks identical to real Macs.   

Nevermind, figured it out. Works like a charm.

Edited by Pavo

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

#Question:

I have 2 config*.plist files:

1. config.plist, it has KextToPatch: A=Enable

2. config_2.plist, with KextToPatch: A=Disable

config.plist will be used by default upon Clover boot. When I change it on "Options - Configs" to config_2.plist; can we make KextToPatch value using last changed (config_2.plist) rather than current boot'ed one? (at least, this is what I got on r4870, a bug?). Thanks.

Hmm...that sounds like a bug to me... I mean, if you selected a different config for booting, it should take all the elements of that config into account, right? I mean, that would make sense to me. Otherwise, what would be the point of switching to another config, if you're still getting some of the elements of the initial one upon booting? Are you saying it takes kext-to-patch from config1 rather than config2? Did I get that right?

Edited by arsradu

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hmm...that sounds like a bug to me... I mean, if you selected a different config for booting, it should take all the elements of that config into account, right? I mean, that would make sense to me. Otherwise, what would be the point of switching to another config, if you're still getting some of the elements of the initial one upon booting? Are you saying it takes kext-to-patch from config1 rather than config2? Did I get that right?

Yeah, for example with IntelHD 1st gen; KextToPatch related to GFX Framebuffer only, it has more than 5. I usually boot from config1 with Fake IntelGFX, disabled Framebuffer patches to reach Desktop. Once AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext are installed; I need using another config w/o Fake IntelGFX and FB patches enabled.. hopefully, w/o rebooting mach to apply.

11 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Yeah, for example with IntelHD 1st gen; KextToPatch related to GFX Framebuffer only, it has more than 5. I usually boot from config1 with Fake IntelGFX, disabled Framebuffer patches to reach Desktop. Once AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext are installed; I need using another config w/o Fake IntelGFX and FB patches enabled.. hopefully, w/o rebooting mach to apply.

I'm a bit confused here. :)) After reaching Desktop, why not use the same config.plist, edit the Fake IntelGFX information and enable FB patches? And what do you mean by "hopefully without rebooting Mac to apply"? Don't you need to reboot to switch to config2 anyway?

Anyway, if you selected another config from Clover GUI options....it still sounds like a bug to me if it doesn't take into account all the information from that config. But I'm probably missing some information here.

Edited by arsradu

Clover has been like that since before. It doesnt refresh the screen when you switch from config to config2. But nevertheles, switching works when you boot it.

Edited by ellaosx

5 hours ago, arsradu said:

If you can, I would suggest trying AppleAlc.kext + Lilu.kext. That would be an option. Also, in case you want to continue using Voodoohda, which you definitely can, maybe check if it's up to date.

Aaand, just in case there is an actual Clover issue, that might have been fixed from the latest official build to the latest available, you can give the attached one a try. See if it still occurs. But you should probably start with fixing the VoodooHDA issue first.

Clover_v2.4k_r4870.zip

Using AppleALC + lilu and patching with FB Patcher i made sound to work on Dell Vostro on laptop speakers, but whenever i try to plug headphones in headphone jack, sound works for half a second and then stops.

5 minutes ago, ktwist said:

Using AppleALC + lilu and patching with FB Patcher i made sound to work on Dell Vostro on laptop speakers, but whenever i try to plug headphones in headphone jack, sound works for half a second and then stops.

This doesn't belong in this thread, it belongs in 

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019.

641646779_2019-02-0211_53_36.thumb.png.36f132f4b74fd5758077982d23eee50b.png

824886483_2019-02-0211_53_56.thumb.png.1787ad41eb679b9ecc747c7e7e85f0d6.png

also 

I could not imagine the day that bootchime and Snow Leopard installation video would come together. But recently, thanks to Goldfish64 and Slice, Things I have just imagined in the past have happened recently. Like Old Mac, I felt like a real Mac from the bootchime. After listening to the bootchime, when I listened to the music that came with the installation video, I was able to revive the impression when I first used the Mac. Thank Goldfish64 and Slice again.

How did you get this to work? I can't for the life of me get SL to boot.

13 hours ago, pkdesign said:

How did you get this to work? I can't for the life of me get SL to boot.

Make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ (there was no APFS when SL was launched), and that you also have either HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi (added by Clover during installation) in your Drivers64 (legacy boot) or Drivers64UEFI (UEFI boot) folder.

Edited by arsradu

On 2/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Sherlocks said:

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019

also 

That's awesome! I've only got one question: HOW? :))

Could you post a tutorial on how to achieve that? I couldn't even get it to boot into the installer. With FakeCPUId and everything. I get all kinds of errors. I started hackintoshing with Mavericks. And that worked pretty smoothly. I also did my best to do a little bit of research beforehand and pick up compatible components, and that definitely paid off, but even so, it went pretty smoothly and I've got very few issues to fix after that (mainly sound and ethernet). I couldn't imagine it would be so difficult to get older versions of Mac OS to boot. :)) Downgrading Clover didn't help either. 

Anyway, just so we don't spam this thread with stuff like this (since I'm not sure the errors are Clover related), would it be possible to create a new one with step-by-step on what to do to get it working? That would be awesome.

Anyway, getting that to work, to me is really impressive. Well done.

Edited by arsradu

25 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

why not try it

He probably did try and was asking if it was possible to support. Afterall audio is currently a theme thing and no theme is loaded with fast boot.

Edited by Download-Fritz

On 2/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, arsradu said:

Make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ (there was no APFS when SL was launched), and that you also have either HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi (added by Clover during installation) in your Drivers64 (legacy boot) or Drivers64UEFI (UEFI boot) folder.

HFSPlus and are in my Drivers64 folder and I only have HFS+ drives on my system.

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

Also, not sure if this is really a needed fix but...when I got to install Clover, UEFI drivers are check by default and no BIOS drivers are checked even though the installer has "Clover EFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" checked by default. So I assume the installer knows this is a legacy BIOS install.

I always have to uncheck the UEFI drivers and check the BIOS drivers I need.

21 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

Also, not sure if this is really a needed fix but...when I got to install Clover, UEFI drivers are check by default and no BIOS drivers are checked even though the installer has "Clover EFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" checked by default. So I assume the installer knows this is a legacy BIOS install.

I always have to uncheck the UEFI drivers and check the BIOS drivers I need.

FS-Inject: is responsible for kext injection from Clover folder

SMCHelper: Restores SMC keys left in NVRAM by FakeSMC.

Now wether or not they're required for non-UEFI motherboards..., that I don't know. But since they're both under Drivers64UEFI, my guess is that they might not be...? Although...in order to boot, you still need FakeSMC, right? Which still needs to be injected from Clover/kexts. So...I really don't know.

Also, what you're describing looks more like a missing feature, maybe, more than a bug. But if my theory is correct and none of the Drivers64UEFI files is necessary for legacy booting...then, I guess there's just a matter of checking whether or not Clover Legacy is selected, before displaying UEFI drivers.

I don't know. I could be talking stupid. So don't take my word for it. Maybe someone has a better idea and understanding of what's going on in this case and whether or not those UEFI drivers should be checked when selecting Legacy booting. I personally haven't used that in a veeeery long time.

Edited by arsradu