ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,036 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Oh cool, I got it..!!!

Fully powering off mach, F11 to reset NVRAM, reboot.. freeze! A same issue like yours (UEFI) LoL, no problem on 1st reboot though. And using legacy it leads me to red screen of death, du no what's wrong with r4839.

(I'm still able booting to Linux using BIOS StartUp key for rolliing back to r4836, nevermind).

What is the last legacy revision that works because I don't see anything that should be affecting legacy in between those revisions. You are getting a general protection fault which means usually that a pointer has an incorrect address of unallocated memory region being used.

Posted (edited)

What is the last legacy revision that works because I don't see anything that should be affecting legacy in between those revisions. You are getting a general protection fault which means usually that a pointer has an incorrect address of unallocated memory region being used.

OK, r4839 (UEFI / Legacy) is now working fine after commenting those line. Thanks.

I no longer hear "../Theme Name/sound.wav" ringing before GUI loaded though.

It looks like I misunderstood @Slice r4833 changelogs:

\Theme Name\sound.wav = Before Clover GUI

\drivers64UEFI\BootChimeDxe.efi = After it (pausing 5 secs on Apple logo, similar to a real mac w/o *.wav)

Honestly, I assumed *.wav file provided by him is Apple BootChime audio LoL

With r4836, I could hear both of them ringing (before & after Clover GUI, having diff. StartUp audios).

preboot.log_r4839_legacy_pointer.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

Yeah IDK I see a bunch of problems with sound in the theme. For instance this makes no sense:

if (!DayLight) {
      Status = StartupSoundPlay(ThemeDir, L"sound_night.wav");
    }
    if (EFI_ERROR(Status)) {
      Status = StartupSoundPlay(ThemeDir, L"sound.wav");
    }

It only plays the sound if it's not daylight or there is an error and it's daylight? This should be written differently. Seems that the entire purpose of CheckSyncSound() is to stop playing the sound when the GUI is active, but why? It's played synchronously so this should never happen. So this call probably will always cause a hang since it calls StopStream without even checking if it's playing. Also If AudioIo is not found then the check for the private data is invalid since (NULL - offset) is a really large number and fails the check that it's NULL. AudioIo should be checked if NULL first.

Clover4839 - only Fast Boor works.

Sorry! Clover4839UEFI  is works.

4839.jpg.6e288943e1e72477f3497ed4b447d39a.jpg

6:917  0:000  using scale  1.406250
6:917  0:000  theme contains font-family=DragonIsComing
7:118  0:200  found clipPaths for Banner
7:118  0:000  Banner position at parse [608,124]
7:137  0:019  parsed banner->width=773
7:139  0:001   icon 3 not parsed take common icons\func_secureboot
7:139  0:000   icon 4 not parsed take common icons\func_secureboot_config
7:141  0:002   icon 9 not parsed take common icons\tool_part
7:141  0:000   icon 10 not parsed take common icons\tool_rescue
7:142  0:000   icon 12 not parsed take common icons\vol_internal
7:142  0:000   icon 14 not parsed take common icons\vol_optical
7:142  0:000   icon 15 not parsed take common icons\vol_firewire
7:142  0:000   icon 16 not parsed take common icons\vol_clover
7:142  0:000   icon 17 not parsed take common icons\vol_internal_hfs
7:142  0:000   icon 18 not parsed take common icons\vol_internal_apfs
7:142  0:000   icon 19 not parsed take common icons\vol_internal_ntfs
7:142  0:000   icon 20 not parsed take common icons\vol_internal_ext3
7:144  0:001  icon main size=[203,203]
7:146  0:001  OSicon os_tiger not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_leo not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_snow not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_lion not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_cougar not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_mav not parsed
7:146  0:000  OSicon os_yos not parsed
7:162  0:015  OSicon os_suse not parsed
7:162  0:000  OSicon os_freebsd not parsed
7:162  0:000  OSicon os_freedos not parsed
7:166  0:003  parsing theme finish
7:166  0:000  Using vector theme 'cesium' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\cesium)
7:171  0:005    Channels: 2  Sample rate: 44100 Hz  Bits: 16
7:171  0:000  found 3 handles with audio
7:172  0:000  stored device=PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)
7:172  0:000  stored device=PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)
7:172  0:000  got index=1
7:173  0:000  got volume 70
7:173  0:000  output to channel 1 with volume 70, len=4123880
31:624  24:451  theme inited
31:624  0:000  Chosen theme cesium
31:625  0:000  after NVRAM boot-args=darkwake=0

Posted (edited)

Thanks apianti and blackosx got me booting with 4839, now to figure out the changes to make sounds work on boot!

EDIT: For me the sample provided by Slice works fine before the Clover GUI loads (Is it a cat?!?) and if I setup and test the boot chime in the shell I can hear it just fine using "BootChimeCfg.efi -t" but I don't hear anything when the OS is loading, could this be due to commenting out that line?

Boot.log of the important bit (I think)...

4:500  0:000  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
4:500  0:000  use night theme
4:512  0:011  Using theme 'Mojave' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\Mojave)
4:512  0:000  theme Mojave defined in NVRAM found and theme.plist parsed
4:512  0:000  OS main and drive as badge
4:513  0:000  file sound not found
4:517  0:004    Channels: 2  Sample rate: 44100 Hz  Bits: 16
4:517  0:000  found 2 handles with audio
4:518  0:000  stored device=PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,02000000)
4:518  0:000  got index=1
4:518  0:000  got volume 80
4:518  0:000  output to channel 1 with volume 80, len=353440
7:846  3:327  Loading font from ThemeDir: Success
7:847  0:000  theme inited
7:847  0:000  Chosen theme Mojave
7:847  0:000  after NVRAM boot-args=

Edited by D-an-W

No you need BootChimeDxe.efi in drivers64UEFI for the chime to happen during macos boot. Also you may need to configure it if you haven't.

Where do I get BootChimeDxe.efi please?

I have \EFI\Clover\Tools\BootChimeCfg.efi and also EFI\Clover\Drivers64UEFI\AudioDxe.efi present and I have configured it with BootChimeCfg.efi -s 2 -v 80 -t from the Shell which then plays the Chime ok.

Where do I get BootChimeDxe.efi please?

I have \EFI\Clover\Tools\BootChimeCfg.efi and also EFI\Clover\Drivers64UEFI\AudioDxe.efi present and I have configured it with BootChimeCfg.efi -s 2 -v 80 -t from the Shell which then plays the Chime ok.

You can build it your self with commands like..

git clone https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg
./macbuild.tool //or debbuild.sh under Linux (GCC5)

Binaries will be located on:

~/AudioPkg/UDK/Build/AudioPkg/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64

I no longer hear "../Theme Name/sound.wav" ringing before GUI loaded though.

I've to correct that with r4839 (commented), it works.. previously had problem with *.wav file used. My mistake.

AudioPkg-R1-RELEASE.zip

Posted (edited)

Thanks, with your BootChimeDxe.efi in Drivers64UEFI I get the sound ok but can't boot, there is no progress bar shown it just sits with the Apple logo on screen after playing the Chime.

Edited by D-an-W

Posted (edited)

Thanks, with your BootChimeDxe.efi in Drivers64UEFI I get the sound ok but can't boot, there is no progress bar shown it just sits with the Apple logo on screen after playing the Chime.

The dev said it' s still unstable #atm

You can try clear BootChimeCfg.efi NVRAM var with:

> FS0:
> cd EFI\CLOVER\tools
> BootChimeCfg.efi -x

// Reconfigure, or remove if it causes failed boot:
> cd EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI
> rm BootChimeDxe.efi

Edited by Badruzeus

Well I compile myself AudioPkg and it works very well at revision Clover 4834

No setup nothing, Boot Chime works 
Here are the files to put in your EFI 4834 ➤ or more HIGHER

Of course the Chime is in the Hackintosh-MF theme if you use another theme, put the Chime in the exact theme

enjoy :)

EFI.zip

Well I compile myself AudioPkg and it works very well at revision Clover 4834

No setup nothing, Boot Chime works 
Here are the files to put in your EFI 4834 ➤ or more HIGHER

Of course the Chime is in the Hackintosh-MF theme if you use another theme, put the Chime in the exact theme

enjoy :)

EFI.zip

Are you referring to the sound made before the Clover UI or when the Apple logo appears please?

Posted (edited)

Well, to be clear.. I'm sorry; actually @Slice never talk about "BootChimeDxe.efi" for implementation with Clover theme.

But it was me that at the 1st time made it becomes bit complicated on this topic. Oh yeah, it's probably working fine for some to be loaded with our bootloader, but both are 2 diff. stuffs, I think.

Edited by Badruzeus

Are you referring to the sound made before the Clover UI or when the Apple logo appears please?

I only get custom sound before clover GUI, not at apple logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only get custom sound before clover GUI, not at apple logo.

after Clover UI its a Apple Logo and the sound start at this time

But the Chime start even booting verbose  mode

:D

Posted (edited)

r4836 is no problem. since r4837, i got freeze gui

And another user in the same situation. Clover screen comes up and immediately hangs. Boot with 4836 and all is fine.

Edited by crashmaster4999

There are different sounds before and after Clover GUI.

How do we set different sounds for before and after gui? I only get sound before gui not after using my own .wav file. Also does it have to be named sound.wav? I think I tried it named differently and it did not work.

There are different sounds before and after Clover GUI.

How do we set different sounds for before and after gui? I only get sound before gui not after using my own .wav file. Also does it have to be named sound.wav? I think I tried it named differently and it did not work.