Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,137 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:

 

Hello  @Slice :

 

Like yapan4 i have today a problem with my new X299 iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS build :

 

At the begening of this year i mounted  a new build with a Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro mobo and after succefully managed an install with High Sierra upgraded to 10.13.6 i was able to test all the developer beta releases and install Mac Os Mojave 10.14.1.18B75.  This build is fully fonctionnal.

 

So i decided for professionnal  usage to have a second build this time with an EVGA X299 FTW K mobo - i9 7940x , first with 32 GB 2133 mhz Crucial ram an now with 32 GB 3000 mhz ram Corsair Dominator platinium ( because i thought my probem was the ram)

 

But even if i could managed a fresh install of HIgh Sierra on this build ( High Sierra 10.13.6 is fully fonctionnal on my new EVGA build)

 

i can't boot on any USB Mojave installer ( i did try three different sticks) nor on pre-installed Mojave 10.14.0 or Mojave 10.14.1 on SSD.

 

Like yapan4 my boot stuck at end randomseed +++++ even with severalls Clover version the latest i used is Clover 4798

 

Here is my boot.log , any help will be very appreciated . Thanks

 

Attached my preboot.log

 

 

preboot.log

Just wonder if macOS ever works on such computer. :worried_anim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

So I had this superduper question to the Clover Team and the almighty Slicey. 

 

Is there a story behind the name of Clover boot loader? Why did you guys choose the name "Clover"? 

Or is it just random? 

 

Just curious, cuz I'm always very... very curious. Being curious is good, it teaches you one thing or a few. Don't judge me. 

 

looking forward for the answer. You know, this might open many portals of our universe. 

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, where did Kabyl go? So many people have disappeared... In case anyone is wondering, I'll just directly state that when Slice, Kabyl, TheKing, usr-sse2, and modbin, I think that's everyone, started the EFI project that deviated from Chameleon, Kabyl suggested Clover because the mac command key icon looks like a four leaf clover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blackosx said:

 

1 hour ago, apianti said:

Oh man, where did Kabyl go? So many people have disappeared... In case anyone is wondering, I'll just directly state that when Slice, Kabyl, TheKing, usr-sse2, and modbin, I think that's everyone, started the EFI project that deviated from Chameleon, Kabyl suggested Clover because the mac command key icon looks like a four leaf clover.

 

Thank you.

 

Yup, this is interesting. Some history there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, Loloflat6 said:

 

Hello  @Slice :

 

Like yapan4 i have today a problem with my new X299 iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS build :

 

At the begening of this year i mounted  a new build with a Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro mobo and after succefully managed an install with High Sierra upgraded to 10.13.6 i was able to test all the developer beta releases and install Mac Os Mojave 10.14.1.18B75.  This build is fully fonctionnal.

 

So i decided for professionnal  usage to have a second build this time with an EVGA X299 FTW K mobo - i9 7940x , first with 32 GB 2133 mhz Crucial ram an now with 32 GB 3000 mhz ram Corsair Dominator platinium ( because i thought my probem was the ram)

 

But even if i could managed a fresh install of HIgh Sierra on this build ( High Sierra 10.13.6 is fully fonctionnal on my new EVGA build)

 

i can't boot on any USB Mojave installer ( i did try three different sticks) nor on pre-installed Mojave 10.14.0 or Mojave 10.14.1 on SSD.

 

Like yapan4 my boot stuck at end randomseed +++++ even with severalls Clover version the latest i used is Clover 4798

 

Here is my boot.log , any help will be very appreciated . Thanks

 

Attached my preboot.log

 

 

preboot.log

 

 

Perhaps this might help you 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they might destroy github worse than it was doing itself before they bought it but they seem to be actually making a huge effort to make it better and actually carry out their "we are open sourcing" plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

 

Thanks for your suggestion but here in Clover general discussion I'm on the wrong thread : I think is a problem between EVGA bios and Mojave witch one I don't know : MSR patche with CPUpm checked works in High Sierra and don't work in Mojave  : I'm able to install Mojave on mobos series 7 and 8, usually bios allows to uncheck CFG_lock and also on an E7440 Dell laptop ,  also works on my Gigabyte X299 mobo ...

 

Edited by Loloflat6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Thanks for your suggestion but here in Clover general discussion I'm on the wrong thread : I think is a problem between EVGA bios and Mojave witch one I don't know : MSR patche with CPUpm checked works in High Sierra and don't work in Mojave  : I'm able to install Mojave on mobos series 7 and 8, usually bios allows to uncheck CFG_lock and also on an E7440 Dell laptop ,  also works on my Gigabyte X299 mobo ...

 

Hi, 

 

You could do this at your own risk: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg#verifymsre2

 

Unlock CFG. 

 

Edit: Or you could ask EVGA for a UEFI BIOS with unlocked CFG. 

Edited by Dwarfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid question. If I lower the CPU vcore in BIOS, does that have any effect in macOS if I have i7-7700k with native PM?  I lowered the vcore in BIOS, but it's still higher on HWmonitor.

Edited by Amble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 3:27 AM, Slice said:

Why I can know more?


Is this CLOVER or any SMC.kext/key problem??? Try with VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext without success.

I use same configuration but working fine in Gigabyte B360 motherboard. This is MSI H310M PRO-M2 + i3 8100 + GTX1060. I use Clover r4813

I attach CLOVER folder for additional informations.

photo_2018-12-30_04-04-53.jpg

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, 

One quick question the Christmas theme of clover 4813 broke my boot of 2 Mojave ssds anyone knows why or is my the only case that the theme affected?

 

Edited by MorenoAv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys, 

One quick question the Christmas theme of clover 4813 broke my boot of 2 Mojave ssds anyone knows why or is my the only case that the theme affected?

 

Attaching your "debug.log or preboot.log" maybe helpful.

Just a hint; "os_moja.icns" is available for "christmas" themes since this commit, both from Clover installer package or repo version. I guess, plz update to latest version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

hi @Badruzeus,

Thanks for your response, and here it is the boot log... and I have downgraded to 4798, and the result is the same... but my boot log shows exactly that...

 

Clover Boot Log - 2018:12:30 - cópia.rtf

I get this from your log related to theme used:

1:958  0:000	[!] Icon 18 (icons\vol_internal_apfs.icns) not found (path: EFI\CLOVER\themes\christmas)

Not only "vol_internal_apfs.icns" was missing but also "os_moja.icns" from "/icons" dir before they're added later with this commit.

And what I meant with "latest version" from prev. post is actually; "christmas" theme, not Clover rev.

So, I guess plz update your "christmas" theme with CloverThemeManager app or...

cd ~/Desktop
git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/christmas | tar -x -v

Well, you could also attach screenshot of your current issue with christmas theme then we'll know how it looks like (exactly).

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't know exactly what the issue is because I have restarted my machine and now the boot is like the picture, and my other ssd is missing... again, it appears and disappears randomly... 

IMG_0037.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Well I don't know exactly what the issue is because I have restarted my machine and now the boot is like the picture, and my other ssd is missing... again, it appears and disappears randomly... 

I also am not sure what issue is exactly, if it' s related to "christmas" Clover theme (GUI) with macOS Mojave & APFS.. plz make sure these 2 *.icns are available on "\themes\christmas\icons\"

os_moja.icns
vol_internal_apfs.icns

But I have no idea with random issue, could be problem with NVRAM? Have you tried clearing it with (for example) "F11" key when Clover boot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amble said:

Stupid question. If I lower the CPU vcore in BIOS, does that have any effect in macOS if I have i7-7700k with native PM?  I lowered the vcore in BIOS, but it's still higher on HWmonitor.

 

NM, found an answer.

 

Does Clover SSDT / UnderVoltStep work with native PM? If it does, how much is one "step"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Amble said:

 

NM, found an answer.

 

Does Clover SSDT / UnderVoltStep work with native PM? If it does, how much is one "step"?

Only with Penryn CPU. One step is 1 in MSR register. Look for description of EIST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I also am not sure what issue is exactly, if it' s related to "christmas" Clover theme (GUI) with macOS Mojave & APFS.. plz make sure these 2 *.icns are available on "\themes\christmas\icons\"


os_moja.icns
vol_internal_apfs.icns

But I have no idea with random issue, could be problem with NVRAM? Have you tried clearing it with (for example) "F11" key when Clover boot?

Nvram clean done and didn't solve the problem, I only have one ssd at boot...

Thanks anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Nvram clean done and didn't solve the problem, I only have one ssd at boot...

Thanks anyway

I'll have similar problem if (for example) OS Badge and Volume icon are missing.

I removed "os_moja.icns, vol_internal_apfs.icns, vol_internal_hfs.icns" from "christmas" theme's \icons dir and here's what I get: (again, plz recheck your theme or simply test with another one). Happy New Year!

SS-christmas-VBox.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 
       

       
       
      INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL
       
       
      PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )
       
       
       
       
       
      STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 
       
      Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
       
      Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

       
      GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )
       

       
      So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      ————————————————————
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed
       
      Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )
       
      Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )
       
       
      OR
       
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed
       
      Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 
       

       
       
      But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 
       
      If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )
       
       
      ** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **
       
      Video summary:
       
      Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  
       
       
       
      After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 
       
       
       
      STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager
       
      How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows
       
       
       
       
       
       
    • By AppleBytes
      OK, I've searching for days trying to gather up the tools to make my current install work correctly. I'm well on my way. But all the links to the things I currently must have were apparently nuked "during a forum upgrade". :(
      As far as EFI Studio goes; I can find many links to it. But for Insanelymac, they're broken (due to the upgrade), or for the Netkas site, they're links to either Rapidshare, or Mediafire that also no linger exist. I see many users here indicating that they used it to tweak their DSDT. But the web (google/duckduckgo), Instanelymac, and Netkas seem to have no idea where it's gone.
      Could some kind soul please share a copy, or a link? I'm a loooong time hacker, and would love to bring it back to life. In fact, I'd love to improve it -- or at least bring it up to current times. If only I knew where it was.
      Thank you for all your time, and consideration.
       
      --Chris
       
    • By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.
       
      Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 
       
      Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 
       
      DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.
       
      1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)
       
      After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:
       
      I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:
       
      You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

      There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.
    • By cvad
      Small tool to download, compile and build the latest Clover X64 package.
       
       
       

      The script inside is editable.

       
      Enjoy...
       
      Many thanks to the comrade SunKi for help with creating the script.
       
       
       
       
       
      Best thanks - click "Rate File".
       
    • By blxkspell
      Hey!
      As I have 3 Monitors connected, my RX 570 gets arround 50°C while ideling/ web browsing etc. The problem is, that this temp is apparently just the threshold, when the fans start to spin. So the fans start spinning for a minute then they stop for a while again... This is very annoying for me as the rest of my hackintosh is nearly quiet (SSD, 120mm low RPM cpu fan, nearly silent PSU,...), especially when Im using the pc to revise for school. Does somebody know wether its possible to "change" the threshold till the fans start spinning? Like it would probably not be a problem for the gpu at all, if the temp rises to 55°C but therefore be soundless....
       
       
×