ErmaC

Clover General discussion

22,334 posts in this topic

Advertisement

can someone please tell me the use of apfsdriverloader.efi?

In the past, I manually copy apfs.efi to the clover drivers folder. Not sure how apfsdriverloader would affect this.

thank you.

In the past, I manually copy apfs.efi to the clover drivers folder. Not sure how apfsdriverloader would affect this.

thank you.

You only need APFSDriverLoader, apfs is no longer needed as long your using APFS file system. Do not use both together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you.

You only need APFSDriverLoader, apfs is no longer needed as long your using APFS file system. Do not use both together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

thank you.

apfsdriverloader.efi  replace apfs.efi in kexts folder. If you want to use it, delete apfs.efi and install this file with Clover package Installer.

Stupid question about Clover. If there is a option set as 'NO' in default Clover Config.plist, can it be deleted? Or could Clover assume that something is 'YES' if it is missing on Config.plist? I would like to delete all options in plist that I've set as 'NO' for simplicity.

Edited by Amble

Stupid question about Clover. If there is a option set as 'NO' in default Clover Config.plist, can it be deleted? Or could Clover assume that something is 'YES' if it is missing on Config.plist? I would like to delete all options in plist that I've set as 'NO' for simplicity.

Not for all option, at GUI -> Scan, if you set Legacy = No, then there is no Legacy entry boot (if you boot with legacy). But if you delete this line, then legacy entry will shown. It's just for sample,

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Not for all option, at GUI -> Scan, if you set Legacy = No, then there is no Legacy entry boot (if you boot with legacy). But if you delete this line, then legacy entry will shown. It's just for sample,

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I guess it's better to leave 'No' entries in the plist.

I got a board without built-in NVMe port in the motherboard.

Has anyone been able to use a PCIe-based NVMe and uses a USB drive/frontend with clover so the NVMe can be use as an OS drive? So the motherboard is booting off the USB stick and then clover will then be booting off the NVMe drive.

seems like it's going to work but wanting to know if anyone has used/tested such a setup.

Thanks a lot! :)

Edited by mrjayviper

12 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Latest Clover 4769 breaks legacy BIOS boot. Had to revert back to 4741 in order to boot my system.

Working fine here either, I've 3 ancient machines using Legacy.

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

latest has verbose before GUI. can we clean that?

On my case is not Clover, but recent "ApfsDriverLoader*.efi".

5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Working fine here either, I've 3 ancient machines using Legacy.

On my case is not Clover, but recent "ApfsDriverLoader*.efi".

Is it a version from github where there is debug or from clover package where release version?

52 minutes ago, Slice said:

Is it a version from github where there is debug or from clover package where release version?

I did test again using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from r4769 (SourceForge release), and it gives no Apfs related debug logs. A same result with ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi v2.0.5 (github release). I was referring to this commit, but I could be wrong if this is the cause. I've reported this here on November 7th with r4741.

@ellaosx Is this debug logs you meant? I guess, it is from ApfsDriverLoader built with ebuild.sh --ext-co (or buildclover script) contains latest change from AppleSupportPackage (since, the build script will pull it).

VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_22_11_2018_20_17_18.png

@Badruzeus @ellaosx

There is no issue with ApfsDriverloader.efi using Clover r4771 :)

If In understand well, ebuild.sh file: "--ext-co" "checkout & build external drivers at ..src/EXT_PACKAGES". It means download and compile from source this driver. Right? 

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Badruzeus @ellaosx

There is no issue with ApfsDriverloader.efi using Clover r4771 :)

If In understand well, ebuild.sh file: "--ext-co" "checkout & build external drivers at ..src/EXT_PACKAGES". It means download and compile from source this driver. Right? 

It should be: Yes (compiled from source using latest commit).

I just rebuilt r4771 using UDK, and weird is.. still ApfsDriverLoader gives debug logs (files attached).

@ellaosx is your 10.13 (or 10.14) using HFS+ or APFS? On my case is: HFS+, though I saw no diff with APFS previously. 

r4771-UDK-Apfs.zip