ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,297 posts in this topic

I think the need to replace the same amount of symbols.

Thanks for the reply [mention=594753]MICKHAEL[/mention]
To follow up...
Others are replacing the device id via InfoPlistPatch so kext would load. My plan is the opposite though. Id like to remove a device id inside the plist so the kext wont load.
So...
FIND:  xxxx:1111
REPLACE: xxx:0000
Will work?

Advertisement
6 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hi

I want to use clover's KextsToPatch's InfoPlistPatch feature.

Lets say i need to change a device id. Which of the following is correct format?

do i need to include "<string>" to convert it into base64

<string>xxxxxxxx,xxx</string>

or without

xxxxxxx,xxxx

?

It is better not use Clover for such operation. Use FakeID or DeviceProperties or Legacy.kext or Disabler.kext

On 10/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, arimuras said:

ApfsDriverLoader.efi

APFS Format Fusion Drive Support ?

Clover Scan Entries stuck

Not boot

Manualy add apfs.efi

Boot Ok

---

Mojave 10.14.0

Clover 4705

ApfsDriverLoader AppleSupport v2.0.4

I run into the same problem and it seems to be a nasty bug. I couldn't get further than the "Scan Entries" message from Clover unless I disabled either of the two drivers part of the Fusion Drive in BIOS.

I eventually blanked the disks with Linux and reinstalled Mojave. All went well, but once I restored my backup I run into the same issue again and couldn't get past the "Scan Entries" message.

Then I tried the same but restoring the backup in parts—first, system and network settings, and all other files and folders. Everything went well and the operating system restarted without issues. Then I restored applications and my own user account (about 1TB of data), and went back at not being able to boot the operating system. Maybe the issue is related to the amount of data in the Fusion Drive?

Replacing ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi with the native driver found at /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi solves the issue.

Thanks, arimuras!

19 minutes ago, unsleepable said:

I run into the same problem and it seems to be a nasty bug. I couldn't get further than the "Scan Entries" message from Clover unless I disabled either of the two drivers part of the Fusion Drive in BIOS.

I eventually blanked the disks with Linux and reinstalled Mojave. All went well, but once I restored my backup I run into the same issue again and couldn't get past the "Scan Entries" message.

Then I tried the same but restoring the backup in parts—first, system and network settings, and all other files and folders. Everything went well and the operating system restarted without issues. Then I restored applications and my own user account (about 1TB of data), and went back at not being able to boot the operating system. Maybe the issue is related to the amount of data in the Fusion Drive?

Replacing ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi with the native driver found at /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi solves the issue.

Thanks, arimuras!

Would be nice if you make a dump of ApfsDriverLoader on fusion drive. If you need help, you can PM me

I'm trying to get a HD5450 running on my X79 running Sierra and Clover 4706 but FakeID isn't injecting the ID. I've checked the wiki and it looks like I have everything entered correctly (Devices section with ATI subsection and ATI=0x68E01002 and Inject=Yes) but the IOReg still shows the hardware device ID and not my fake one. There's also no mention of FakeID in the bdmesg output.

If I look in the Graphics Injector section of the Clover menu everything looks correct (including the Fake ID) but it's not getting applied.

Update: built Clover 4719 and no change.

Edited by Riley Freeman

17 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

I'm trying to get a HD5450 running on my X79 running Sierra and Clover 4706 but FakeID isn't injecting the ID. I've checked the wiki and it looks like I have everything entered correctly (Devices section with ATI subsection and ATI=0x68E01002 and Inject=Yes) but the IOReg still shows the hardware device ID and not my fake one. There's also no mention of FakeID in the bdmesg output.

If I look in the Graphics Injector section of the Clover menu everything looks correct (including the Fake ID) but it's not getting applied.

Update: built Clover 4719 and no change.

I have tree 5450 but not using for lots of month du to Mojave compatibility 

I always setup framebufer = Cedar for maiking sleep  working maybe that Help you ?

Edited by chris1111
EDIT Help you

58 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I have tree 5450 but not using for lots of month du to Mojave compatibility 

I always setup framebufer = Cedar for maiking sleep  working maybe that Hell you ?

Setting the framebuffer would be the next step (although Clover defaults to Eulemur) but first I need the Fake ID to be injected. Without this the card doesn't load any drivers.

For now I'm doing it via DSDT but I'd prefer to just use Clover's Fake ID. Just wondering if it's broken for anyone else or if there's been some change.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:14 AM, ellaosx said:

Oh im sorry. i meant:

<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>

and

<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixRegions</key>
				<true/>
			</dict> 

will this give me the same result?

Consult! I have in my config.plist the first Fix and everithing work ok, but if I make a modification with Clover Configuration this change to FixRegions=true and I can't boot macOS, what changes I have to do to resolve this issue?

@Slice

KextsToPatch>AppleRTC works in High Sierra?

looking at the kext_patcher.c source (im not good but just trying), i see only support until Mavericks.

UINT MavSearch[]

UINT MavReplace[]

Edited by ellaosx

On 10/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, Moorre said:

Hi! Just booted ok with HD7770 into HS. ROM Version is ok, but Release Date isnt.

If its not too much trouble could you post your efi folder

Some guy in another thread is having problems with his 7770

Thanks

13 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Some guy in another thread is having problems with his 7770

What kind of problems? I have no trouble, just Lilu + WEG (latest) and radpg=15 bootarg.

5 minutes ago, bluemaP1E said:

After upgrade to r4729, i got garbled text on the clover GUI.

Is it a bug or what parameters need to be modified in config.plist?

Yes, already reported here and also here.

Seems a bug, give the devs enough time to fix it.. or rollback to prev. Clover rev. 

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

Let reports to be. I want to know bugs.

I previously thought it only affected Bitmap themes, but Vector too.

VectorTheme-r4729.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Couple of questions about Clover.

I finally updated to Mojave from 10.13.1, installed new version of Clover and also redid my config.plist. There were some options in Config.plist I didn't found any explanation.

On SMBIOS EfiVersion, Memory, Slots. Are these something that should be used?

About i7-7700k and HD 630. I've tried to find what/why FakeID 0x59128086 and disablegfxfirmware but I haven't found any explanation about these. I mean I know what FakeID does in Clover, but why do we have to use it with HD 630?

Also one thing I've always wondered about Clover. For example on Config.plist Devices > LANInjection. It is set as NO by default. Can I delete uncommented default values that are set as NO, or could it be that Clover then uses default TRUE value if it's missing in Config.plist?

Edited by Amble