Jump to content
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

18,084 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

 

yes, disable SIP.

Thanks, resolved

I installed Clover on the hard drive but when I restart my black screen

boot only from usb

 

advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

Thanks, resolved

I installed Clover on the hard drive but when I restart my black screen

boot only from usb

 

advice

Unknown.  

Add your complete hardware information to your signature. Upload the EFI folder from your EFI partition of the Hard Drive (remove any serial numbers from SMBIOS and RTvariables from config beforehand)

Compare with the EFI folder on the USB drive.

If you can boot with the USB but not from the Hard Drive, something is most likely different either in the installation method (UEFI vs Legacy mode), drivers, or config.

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Unknown.  

Add your complete hardware information to your signature. Upload the EFI folder from your EFI partition of the Hard Drive (remove any serial numbers from SMBIOS and RTvariables from config beforehand)

Compare with the EFI folder on the USB drive.

If you can boot with the USB but not from the Hard Drive, something is most likely different either in the installation method (UEFI vs Legacy mode), drivers, or config.

hardware:
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Q9550
Video GT240

installation in legasy

the EFI folder of the usb is the same as the EFI folder on the hard disk

Edited by Alpha22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

hardware:
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Q9550
Video GT240

installation in legasy

Waiting for the second part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Compare with the EFI folder on the USB drive.

If you can boot with the USB but not from the Hard Drive, something is most likely different either in the installation method (UEFI vs Legacy mode), drivers, or config.

Waiting for the second part.

the EFI folder of the usb is the same as the EFI folder on the hard disk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alpha22 said:

the EFI folder of the usb is the same as the EFI folder on the hard disk

I would double check that first. Something has to be different. Just to be sure, I would try to replace the EFI folder of the Hard Drive with the one from the USB drive and see if it makes any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I would double check that first. Something has to be different. Just to be sure, I would try to replace the EFI folder of the Hard Drive with the one from the USB drive and see if it makes any difference.

I copied the EFI folder of usb to the hard disk

version of Clover 4558

the problem remains not booting from hard disk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

I copied the EFI folder of usb to the hard disk

version of Clover 4558

the problem remains not booting from hard disk

Upload your EFI folder here for analysis. Remove serial numbers as suggested before.

Also, check your BIOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Upload your EFI folder here for analysis. Remove serial numbers as suggested before.

Also, check your BIOS.

this is the EFI folder of the hard disk

I had the same problem if I remember correctly in El Capitan and they suggested me to format the hard disk EFI

but I do not remember how to do this

EFI.zip

Edited by Alpha22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

this is the EFI folder of the hard disk

I had the same problem if I remember correctly in El Capitan and they suggested me to format the hard disk EFI

but I do not remember how to do this

EFI.zip

 

Disk Utility -> select the Hard Drive (not the partition) -> click Erase -> make sure the Scheme is set to GUID partition map and Format is MacOS Extended (Journaled).

 

233805444_Screenshot2018-07-15at23_40_13.png.69b4e1e09d54d592c103492559c378ff.png

 

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, arsradu said:

 

Disk Utility -> select the Hard Drive (not the partition) -> click Erase -> make sure the Scheme is set to GUID partition map and Format is MacOS Extended (Journaled).

 

233805444_Screenshot2018-07-15at23_40_13.png.69b4e1e09d54d592c103492559c378ff.png

 

I did not understand, but I have to redo a new installation setting the disk as reported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi guys,

 

Is anyone else having Error 65 in MainMenu when compiling Clover on Mojave (using UDK2018)?

 

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
 (170 entries)
Building CloverUpdater application...
** BUILD FAILED **


The following build commands failed:
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/zh_TW.lproj/MainMenu.xib
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/zh_CN.lproj/MainMenu.xib
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/uk.lproj/MainMenu.xib
(3 failures)
make: *** [CloverUpdater] Error 65
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, arsradu said:

 

Hi guys,

 

Is anyone else having Error 65 in MainMenu when compiling Clover on Mojave (using UDK2018)?

 


========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... done
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
 (170 entries)
Building CloverUpdater application...
** BUILD FAILED **


The following build commands failed:
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/zh_TW.lproj/MainMenu.xib
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/zh_CN.lproj/MainMenu.xib
	CompileXIB /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/src/uk.lproj/MainMenu.xib
(3 failures)
make: *** [CloverUpdater] Error 65
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

 

 

 

 

 

Same issue here with r4606 using UDK2018 on Mojave.

 

[SOLVED] Remove previous version, Install Xcode 10 Beta 4 and reinstall command lines tools (I'm not sure is necessary)

In cvad's script: I comment make pkg (line 502),  uncomment ./makepkg (line 501)

All work fines

 

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

 

Same issue here with r4606 using UDK2018 on Mojave.

 

[SOLVED] Remove previous version, Install Xcode 10 Beta 4 and reinstall command lines tools (I'm not sure is necessary)

In cvad's script: I comment make pkg (line 502),  uncomment ./makepkg (line 501)

All work fines

 

 

Ok... Does it still make a package without that command....?

 

Also, I'm not sure this is really a fix...since I was able to compile it just fine with High Sierra using Xcode 9...and the same commands. Soo....something looks fishy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, arsradu said:

 

Ok... Does it still make a package without that command....?

 

Also, I'm not sure this is really a fix...since I was able to compile it just fine with High Sierra using Xcode 9...and the same commands. Soo....something looks fishy to me.

 

I thinks too something looks strange. All works fine with High Sierra without any change into v1.1.8 cavd's script. But  I can compile a package only with this modified line under Mojave Beta 4 (Xcode 10 Beta 4)

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

 

I thinks too something looks strange. All works fine with High Sierra without any change into v1.1.8 cavd's script. But  I can compile a package only with this modified line under Mojave Beta 4 (Xcode 10 Beta 4)

Right... I think it might do something to compile it.... Still, I was talking about compiling Clover with the default method. No custom scripts.

 

Still weird... Personally, I'm thinking this is probably some outdated methods/files which are no longer compatible with latest Xcode.

 

Update:

Quick question: in Mojave, did you build with Dark Mode ON or OFF? Amazingly enough, I can build with Dark Mode OFF (meaning Light Mode ON).

Also, looks like the problem is related to Dark Mode... Since Clover Prefpane seems to be white, even in Dark Mode.

 

316613575_Screenshot2018-07-18at21_19_31.png.393e8f38fa11e7871ebe7cce21106979.png

1539128105_Screenshot2018-07-18at21_19_37.png.81d48450e0c3a62ec8be7c9d255a06a0.png

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I have recently updated my xps 13 9343 from sierra 10.12.6 to high sierra 10.13.6. I know my all files are converted to apsf format and I need apsf.efi or apsfdriverloader.efi in EFI clover driversUEFI64 folder to load partition. I have dual boot Windows 10 as well. Once I place those files to that folder, clover won't boot as all. Without those files I can only see Windows partition. So now I am stuck half way. What could cause conflict? Is there any way to diagnose this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLDR: (10.13.x) HFSplus can't detect any drives (including the USB stick OSX installer) on UEFI booting when I installed an older firmware on motherboard. VboxHFS+ works on UEFI boot. But I have experienced bootloop issues when I use VboxHFs + 4+TB HFS+ raid array but on legacy boot. 

 

No issues with HFSplus when using legacy booting.

 

I can use a legacy boot USB installer to install OSX but the HDD have the same issues when using UEFI boot.

---------------------

A month ago I updated the firmware (2018 version) on my Intel board and I got UEFI booting working. Clover+HFSplus.efi can detect my USB and the single HDD. I also have no bootloop issues when it comes to using a 4+TB HFS+ raid array. 

 

Because of other weird boot issues which I thought we're due to OSX, I moved back to Windows. But the weird boot issues area still present so I put back an older version (2017) of the firmware  and from what I can see, my boot issues on Windows have disappeared.

 

I decided to try OSX again last night. The problem is that when UEFi booting, HFSplus.efi can't detect any drives including the USB stick. I used VboxHFS just several hours ago, no issues with detecting drives.

 

But when I was testing OSX last month and was using VBoxHFS on legacy boot, I get bootloop issues when I have 4+TB HFS+ raid array.

 

I tried smaller raid array like 2x 80GB and I don't get any bootloop with that. My educated guess is that VboxHFS starts to get issues with raid arrays as the size increases.

 

Any ideas on how to:

1. Continue using HFSplus but using UEFI

2. OR use VbosHFS but no bootloop on raid arrays

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, newuser said:

Hello everyone! I have recently updated my xps 13 9343 from sierra 10.12.6 to high sierra 10.13.6. I know my all files are converted to apsf format and I need apsf.efi or apsfdriverloader.efi in EFI clover driversUEFI64 folder to load partition. I have dual boot Windows 10 as well. Once I place those files to that folder, clover won't boot as all. Without those files I can only see Windows partition. So now I am stuck half way. What could cause conflict? Is there any way to diagnose this issue?

Can you remove your serials from SMBIOS and RTvariables and upload your entire EFI folder for analysis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, arsradu said:

Right... I think it might do something to compile it.... Still, I was talking about compiling Clover with the default method. No custom scripts.

 

Still weird... Personally, I'm thinking this is probably some outdated methods/files which are no longer compatible with latest Xcode.

 

Update:

Quick question: in Mojave, did you build with Dark Mode ON or OFF? Amazingly enough, I can build with Dark Mode OFF (meaning Light Mode ON).

Also, looks like the problem is related to Dark Mode... Since Clover Prefpane seems to be white, even in Dark Mode.

 

 

 

I don't install CloverPrefpane in System/settings.

 

Yes, I compile in Dark mode in Mojave Beta 4. I test cavd release v1.1.9

 

1. compile with existing src folder (create with 1.1.8 modified): all works fine 

2. compile clean src folder: error 65 make pkg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

 

I don't install CloverPrefpane in System/settings.

 

Yes, I compile in Dark mode in Mojave Beta 4. I test cavd release v1.1.9

 

1. compile with existing src folder (create with 1.1.8 modified): all works fine 

2. compile clean src folder: error 65 make pkg

 

OK, thank you. :)

 

Waiting for vector sigma to push the changes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771     First... If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generated in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=222609  Installation   --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra Check out the link http://diskmakerx.com/   --Install Clover in USB stick https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace with my Clover folder  CLOVER.zip   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!   Post Installation   --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder CLOVER.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/ -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/ -Cuda http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/   --DSDT My DSDT with Skylake patches DSDT.MaLd0n GA H110M-S2.zip Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -PNLF -HDMI --FakeSMC https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek --Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/   -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!  
    • By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   First... If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Run it, post files generated in your desktop RunMe.app  Installation   --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/   --Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra Check out the link http://diskmakerx.com/   --Install Clover in USB stick https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   --Replace with my Clover folder  CLOVER.zip   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!   Post Installation   --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder CLOVER.zip   --Reboot and activate video!   -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/ -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/ -Cuda http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/   --DSDT My DSDT with patches for Skylake DSDT.MaLd0n ASUS Z170M PLUS.zip   Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -SLPB -DMAC -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -IMEI -PNLF -HDMI --FakeSMC
      http://www.hwsensors.com/releases   --Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC   --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   --LAN https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet   -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!
    • By thomaspetersen
      Hi All
       
      I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 
       
      Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.
       
      So can someone help...

      I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)
       
      But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By Teress
      I get a lot of questions about HOW TO BACKUP A HACKINTOSH. So I decided to create Complete Guide with 5 methods described in detail, how to easily make bootable clones of Hackintosh system disks, or backup your data. Full step by step tutorial is here:
       
       
×