ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,119 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Clover r4498 broke my audio. ALC1150. Any idea why? I reverted back to clover r4492 and it works as it supposed to.

Using AppleALC v.1.2.6 and Lilu v.1.2.3

15 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Clover 4497 and 4498  not load the ID layout (layout 0) tested my hack 1 and 2

14 hours ago, wyhtc said:

Hi,the AppleALC injector doesn't work since I update the version of clover to r4497,and this problem is also been found in r4498  or r4499,but it works in r4496. Could you please fix it and test that? My Audio Codec is Realtek ALC1220, works with layout ID=11.

best regards

Yes, file Settings.c lines 5048 and 5051 should be added

gSettings.HDAInjection = TRUE;
Previously this was by default, but since 4497 I don't want any default injection because Properties will be full enough.

Advertisement

While I do agree that this is a problem on Clover side (and now I know why), this doesn't seem to occur on my Skylake system (ALC 1150)... Which is weird...

The config is slightly different than my home setup (the one in the signature), of course, but the Audio injection is set up pretty much the same way. So...not sure why it works for the Skylake build, but not for the Haswell build, with the exact same kexts (Lilu & AppleALC).

@Slice personally I'm a bit confused regarding your explanation. Are you saying, staring with 4497 we won't have audio again, unless we (I mean the users in general) change that line in Settings.c...? Cause, I'm pretty sure most of the users either don't know how to do that, or simply won't do that.

Also, I'm still not sure how does it work on my Skylake build though. With the same Clover 4497.

Is there something we can do from config in order to have sound? Cause I thought adding the Layout ID (in my case "1") is what we have to do. If that's not necessary anymore, and we can still have sound another way, could you, please, tell me what to do to get that done?

For now, I simply reverted to previous version. But...I would like to be able to upgrade to the newer versions in the future, without losing sound.

So, I guess my question is simple: is there another way to get sound back, other than editing that line in Settings.c which...I suppose would also mean re-compiling Clover by ourselves?

Edited by arsradu

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I havnt tested audio on my skylake build but on my haswell laptop i have audio.

I guess its working because audio layout is set in DSDT?

Bingo!

FixHDA in DSDT Fixes...is what makes it work on my Skylake build. I'm pretty sure that's not enabled on my Haswell build.

So, I would suggest anyone with this issue to just enable FixHDA in DSDT Fixes and...that should be it. Everything else stays the same.

Thank you very much! :)

@Slice all good, man. Thank you! :)

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Previously this was by default, but since 4497 I don't want any default injection because Properties will be full enough.

Thank you,Slice. I will try.

what about this? Did you arrange Clover only UEFI now?

Several problems Booting Legacy (ESP)  last revision clover 4498 and 4499 BUILD UDK2018
I can not say what revision it was to break?

1510971873_screenshot4.thumb.png.28284abb420341a5851dcbac42f9faf0copie.png.4f99d4eebf6e9d94d44b98cf9e9c4345.png

Edited by chris1111

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

I havnt tested audio on my skylake build but on my haswell laptop i have audio.

I guess its working because audio layout is set in DSDT?

I don't use DSDT on my SkyLake rig anymore.

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Bingo!

FixHDA in DSDT Fixes...is what makes it work on my Skylake build. I'm pretty sure that's not enabled on my Haswell build.

So, I would suggest anyone with this issue to just enable FixHDA in DSDT Fixes and...that should be it. Everything else stays the same.

Thank you very much! :)

FixHDA also don't fix my problem.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Is there a way to add those properties in the config.plist? can you please clarify your statement a little more on how to add those properties without having to edit the settings.c?

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

While I do agree that this is a problem on Clover side (and now I know why), this doesn't seem to occur on my Skylake system (ALC 1150)... Which is weird...

The config is slightly different than my home setup (the one in the signature), of course, but the Audio injection is set up pretty much the same way. So...not sure why it works for the Skylake build, but not for the Haswell build, with the exact same kexts (Lilu & AppleALC).

@Slice personally I'm a bit confused regarding your explanation. Are you saying, staring with 4497 we won't have audio again, unless we (I mean the users in general) change that line in Settings.c...? Cause, I'm pretty sure most of the users either don't know how to do that, or simply won't do that.

Also, I'm still not sure how does it work on my Skylake build though. With the same Clover 4497.

Is there something we can do from config in order to have sound? Cause I thought adding the Layout ID (in my case "1") is what we have to do. If that's not necessary anymore, and we can still have sound another way, could you, please, tell me what to do to get that done?

For now, I simply reverted to previous version. But...I would like to be able to upgrade to the newer versions in the future, without losing sound.

So, I guess my question is simple: is there another way to get sound back, other than editing that line in Settings.c which...I suppose would also mean re-compiling Clover by ourselves?

I will make the change in Clover sources today evening.

And I think the problem is

<key>Inject</key>

<string>19</string>

but no problem with

<key>Inject</key>

<integer>19</integer>

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't use DSDT on my SkyLake rig anymore.

I still do and with Clover 4499 i have audio without FixHDA, AppleALC 1.2.6, Lilu 1.2.3

So 4400 works good for old Mac (ESP Legacy) install :hysterical: it is not made for UEFI Only :wink_anim:

Any one have a issue with latest Clover on Old macOS . I recommend to used Clover 4400 for (Legacy ESP)

1823536804_Sanstitre.thumb.png.810e16c214b74c7446662d91cc262e98.png

i can not say where the code was broken for OLD Mac in Legacy ESP because i had been using my Snow and Lion for a month but i know that 4400 is working well :angel:

Edited by chris1111

34 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I still do and with Clover 4499 i have audio without FixHDA, AppleALC 1.2.6, Lilu 1.2.3

Is it the same DSDT that we used on Sierra? or it's been improved and optimized for High Sierra?

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

Is it the same DSDT that we used on Sierra? or it's been improved and optimized for High Sierra?

Still using the same one. Maybe @MaLd0n could help with improvements if needed for high sierra?

i can not say where the code was broken for OLD Mac in Legacy ESP because i had been using my Snow and Lion for a month but i know that 4400 is working well :angel:

Now I install it on the SSD Snow what I did not do before, I had only Clover on my Main disk HS but I have no choice and anyway
it lets me know what revision works for old Macs

Edited by chris1111

1 minute ago, chris1111 said:

There is no official release with such number. It looks like special version :wink_anim:

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

There is no official release with such number. It looks like special version :wink_anim:

It is compile from source and I know some Clover after this one works. I do not know what works and I don't have, I have this one on my Lion SSD 

Capture.png.8182a57d059224aed5cb23a14e8cc708.png

Edited by chris1111

24 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

@Cyberdevs idem

FixHDA also don't fix my problem. (AppleALC 1.2.6, Lilu 1.2.3) hack 2

hack 1 solved with SSDT @gengik84

Yes using a SSDT solves the issue I have sound with no extra settings being added to the config.plist.

13 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes using a SSDT solves the issue I have sound with no extra settings being added to the config.plist.

What ssdt are you using for sound? Does it need to be in sorted order section with SSDT-UIAC SSDT-USBX etc

Edited by SavageAUS

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

What ssdt are you using for sound?

This one which is included in our topic which MaLd0n provided.

Spoiler

/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML/ASL+ Disassembler version 20161210-64(RM)
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembling to non-symbolic legacy ASL operators
 * Disassembly of iASLpJ1m55.aml, Fri May 25 15:59:15 2018
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x00000188 (392)
 *     Revision         0x01
 *     Checksum         0x66
 *     OEM ID           "MaLd0n"
 *     OEM Table ID     "HDEF"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00003000 (12288)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20160422 (538313762)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "MaLd0n", "HDEF", 0x00003000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.HDAS._ADR, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Name (HDAS._STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
            {
                Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.HDAS._ADR)
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x10)
                {
                    "AAPL,slot-name", 
                    "Built In", 
                    "name", 
                    "Realtek Audio Controller", 
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x21)
                    {
                        "Realtek ALC1150 Audio Controller"
                    }, 

"device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x11)
                    {
                        "Audio Controller"
                    }, 

"layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"MaximumBootBeepVolume", 
                    Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x01                                           
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What ssdt are you using for sound? Does it need to be in sorted order section with SSDT-UIAC SSDT-USBX etc

No not necessarily I just added to the Clover/ACPI/patched folder and it works, I use SSDT-HDEF.aml, SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml and I didn't sort them in the config.plist.

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

No not necessarily I just added to the Clover/ACPI/patched folder and it works, I use SSDT-HDEF.aml, SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml and I didn't sort them in the config.plist.

In our topic can you plz link audio ssdt. I can't seem to find it.

Hi MR Slice

The most recent I've found and that works for old mac in (Legacy ESP) is Clover r4452

Hope you can find where is the solution

4452.thumb.png.edbaa122d85b63d6b4625bfb244d2636.png

Updated to latest release on source forge and now clover takes much longer to start.

Here's an extract from bdmesg:

3:241  0:000  === [ ScanLoader ] ========================================
3:241  0:000  - [02]: 'EFI'
3:264  0:022          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=EFI
3:264  0:000          skipped because entry is hidden
3:264  0:000  - [05]: 'Data HFS'
3:277  0:013  - [06]: 'Shared'
15:904  12:626  - [07]: 'Preboot'
15:907  0:003          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Preboot
15:911  0:004      Check if volume Is Hibernated:

"Shared" is an exfat partition. I don't have exfat efi drivers. Booting CloverEFI. Not sure why it's taking that long. Disk activity light stays on during that delay.

Also, when entering a boot arg in Clover GUI, the GUI freezes and disk activity light comes on for a few seconds. 

Edit: Downgrading to 4458 fixes the problem.

Edited by Dr. Hurt