ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,695 posts in this topic

I have never needed it before so im unsure if its clover or the new dev beta build.

Even with the driver its slow, i have to have settings like this for decent movement.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.53.27 pm.png

Yea I see its new adition in UEFI Drivers → USBMousse

Advertisement

I use only these on drivers64 folder for my legacy mach (sig):

MacBookPro:~ badruzeus$ cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64
MacBookPro:drivers64 badruzeus$ ls
AppleImageCodec-64.efi		FSInject-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi	FirmwareVolume-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi		SMCHelper-64.efi
MacBookPro:drivers64 badruzeus$ 

How are you doing with the graphical glitches of the HD3000? do you have any??

I though i was the only one using an ancient cpu nowadays (as a daily driver) :)

DVMT does not help, also, at least on my pc, other OSes cannot boot with higher DVMT, so either MacOS is happy with any DVMT value or it just ignores the extra memory.

I have a lot of ram so my iHD has the max allowed shared memory available, that is 512M according to MacOS and 1.5G according to Windows (wrong?)

I m using a VRAM patch to increase the value to 1.5G.

This helped a bit.

I don t have persistent glitches, they seem ramdon, but actually they start only on some occasions

- when i reboot from linux/windows after a long session (4-5hrs +)

- when i use the iHD a lot, for ex. Maya 3d or some 2k+ youtube videos

So, this could be wrong but, i think that clover "poisons", or it does not clear, something related to the gpu.

That would explain why when i reboot from linux to MacOS i can sometimes see glithes, and i m forced to shutdown and boot MacOS directly.

From what i can remember i had no glitches in Mavericks and Yosemite(not sure).

I should probably try Mavericks + latest/older clover and see what happens when i have time.

I though i was the only one using an ancient cpu nowadays (as a daily driver) :)

DVMT does not help, also, at least on my pc, other OSes cannot boot with higher DVMT, so either MacOS is happy with any DVMT value or it just ignores the extra memory.

I have a lot of ram so my iHD has the max allowed shared memory available, that is 512M according to MacOS and 1.5G according to Windows (wrong?)

I m using a VRAM patch to increase the value to 1.5G.

This helped a bit.

I don t have persistent glitches, they seem ramdon, but actually they start only on some occasions

- when i reboot from linux/windows after a long session (4-5hrs +)

- when i use the iHD a lot, for ex. Maya 3d or some 2k+ youtube videos

So, this could be wrong but, i think that clover "poisons", or it does not clear, something related to the gpu.

That would explain why when i reboot from linux to MacOS i can sometimes see glithes, and i m forced to shutdown and boot MacOS directly.

From what i can remember i had no glitches in Mavericks and Yosemite(not sure).

I should probably try Mavericks + latest/older clover and see what happens when i have time.

Thanks for your input.

Can you teach me how to make the VRAM patch? I have 8GB of RAM. I'd like to give it at least 1GB.

Is that a clover parch or I need to edit a kext?

Thanks in advance!

kylon, if the issue is not clearing, you may try zeroing 0x10200000 bytes starting with 0x10000000 address. This is the area boot.efi tries to avoid for Sandy and Ivy bridge CPUs, and it may be related.

Are you the Lilu guy??? Thanks!

How do I zero that address??

Cheers!

kylon, if the issue is not clearing, you may try zeroing 0x10200000 bytes starting with 0x10000000 address. This is the area boot.efi tries to avoid for Sandy and Ivy bridge CPUs, and it may be related.

Actually I using HD3000 too.

10.6 and 10.7 have no glitches issues on HD3000.

After 10.8 it have this problem and can be simply fixed by set slide=0 and work well without any glitches.

But after 10.11.4 this method have no function and it have more and more glitches and more and more frequently and can’t be reduced.

10.6 OK

10.7 OK

10.8 OK with slide=0

10.9 OK with slide=0

10.10 OK with slide=0

10.11.3 OK with slide=0

10.11.4 glitches no matter with slide value

10.12 glitches no matter with slide value

10.13 glitches no matter with slide value

Ps

I using legacy clover to boot on my hd3000.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I say we try something different, protect reserved regions differently. Because macOS does not make a difference between runtime and non-runtime reserved, it only maps the runtime reserved as the same as runtime data. But I would have to think that there is a reason those reserved regions exist and according to the spec you are not supposed to use the memory regardless of the runtime flag. So maybe we should try protected runtime reserved as runtime code and non runtime reserved as runtime data?

kylon, if the issue is not clearing, you may try zeroing 0x10200000 bytes starting with 0x10000000 address. This is the area boot.efi tries to avoid for Sandy and Ivy bridge CPUs, and it may be related.

vit, that's only half the range when slide >= 128 for non SB and IB. What about 0x200000 to 0xFE00000? Also, this is a bad idea what if that's where the runtime was just protected? Don't want to wipe that.

EDIT: Oops left part of sentence out, lol.

I have breaking news for you: Just downgraded to 10.12.6 + HFS, and guys, it is so muuch more fast than 10.13.2 + apfs. Boot is again super fast, no gui slowdowns, everything is smooth. I installed now safari tech preview to be a bit more safe against spectre. All software is working again like it should.

Question:

I saw at around 750 page that you where talking about patches for Pentium and integrate them directly into Clover version 41xx. Does that happend ? I am asking because I have 2 patches in my config.plist made by vit9696 and Sherlocks and I wanna know if I can remove them or not:

Find: b9a00100 000f32

Replace: b9a00100 0031c0

Find: 89d804c4 3c22

Replace: 89d804c6 3c22

I have the Pentium G3220.

Question:

I saw at around 750 page that you where talking about patches for Pentium and integrate them directly into Clover version 41xx. Does that happend ? I am asking because I have 2 patches in my config.plist made by vit9696 and Sherlocks and I wanna know if I can remove them or not:

Find: b9a00100 000f32

Replace: b9a00100 0031c0

Find: 89d804c4 3c22

Replace: 89d804c6 3c22

I have the Pentium G3220.

These patches in clover:

Use KernelXCPM key in KernelAndKextPatches.

These patches in clover:

Use KernelXCPM key in KernelAndKextPatches.

Thank you ! I deleted the kernel patches and it's working ! 

Anyway can somebody take a look on my DSDT and other stuff ? I am asking because the sound via HDMI works only after sleep. Like after sleep the sound works but before it doesn't...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18YGCj5Z3j8cehMOChGtckap0uWmQ6tjA

@apianti

Tested new OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi on my NUC6 Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK) with 10.13.2.

Tested by merging in changes to my own Clover fork.

It booted no problem and was able to eliminate EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and still have working NVRAM.

Will test on other computers in the coming days.

But since the new OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is not working for everyone, perhaps it should be renamed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi (or some other name) and original behavior of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi retained.

Not to mention undoing the changes in OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi that prevent it from being used at all (as you implied in a previous post).

@apianti

Tested new OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi on my NUC6 Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK) with 10.13.2.

It booted no problem and was able to eliminate EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and still have working NVRAM.

But since the new OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is not working for everyone, perhaps it should be renamed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi (or some other name) and original behavior of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi retained.

Not to mention undoing the changes in OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi that prevent it from being used at all (as you implied in a previous post).

Or it can be renamed as LowMemFixup.efi because this problem is a common problem not only in ami aptio bios.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

What about naming it then like:

OsxAptioFixDrv-1011up-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-1010down-64.efi

Or similar...? I don't find the numbering 1,2,3 very useful for non-hackers.

No, these names are historical. 

Fix1 is more advanced.

Fix2 is simplified but supported hibernation.

@apianti

I agree there must be Fix3 retaining old Fix1 and Fix2.

And see new one      AptioMemoryFix    

Hey slice,

can I add new entries to a plist, using the kext patcher in clover? I read somewhere it only can replace 1:1 lengths?

More specific: How do I replace a

<key>UnifiedSleepSliderPref</key>
      <true/>

to

<key>UnifiedSleepSliderPref</key>
      <false/>

Also, does it work with plugins of kexts?

Path is:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist

(For iMac14,2)