ErmaC

Clover General discussion

20,682 posts in this topic

Advertisement

how about this error on r4289 official?

The same thing happens with official r4289.

It's not a big deal though, I see that the ACPI tables get dumped but it ends up with the error I posted earlier. The same thing happens with all the newer versions of clover. It dumps the tables but the error happens anyway and I have to reset the pc.

It's not a big deal though, I see that the ACPI tables get dumped but it ends up with the error I posted earlier. The same thing happens with all the newer versions of clover. It dumps the tables but the error happens anyway and I have to reset the pc.

Try r4278

r4278.zip

Any revision before 4276?

Any revision before 4276?

I tried with 4273 (not the official build) and it's still happening. Could it be some misconfiguration in the system's BIOS settings?

Try r4278

The same thing happens.

@Sherlocks

Attached Boot Log with SSDT and without

Out of the question.

Your LAN card is Intel

0:102  0:000  PCI (00|00:1F.06) : 8086 15B8 class=020000
0:102  0:000   - LAN: 0 Vendor=Intel

So you have to use IntelMausi and you may delete RealtekRTL8111 and Atheros

clover made SSDT for max 47 following your overclocked speed. log is good.

check your power management from intel power gadget

So Clover now handles power management? No SSDT needed? I removed mine and seems ok on my skylake rig.

post-1083558-0-40049100-1511258193_thumb.png

So Clover now handles power management? No SSDT needed? I removed mine and seems ok on my skylake rig.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.24.46 pm.png

Man,

Clover handles Power Management since 2010 (Chameleon AMLGenerator by Kozlek) while Pike made his script only in 2011.

This confuses me, there has always been support for c and p state generation in clover. The only problem is that it doesn't have an exhaustive list of cpus and values like that script does so it usually severely unpowers the cpu causing it to usually stay stuck in a subset of the available p-states...

Man,

Clover handles Power Management since 2010 (Chameleon AMLGenerator by Kozlek) while Pike made his script only in 2011.

I was confused by his statement as well, lol.

So how come his script has been recommended so much?

Who's recommending that script? Why not do what is suggested by us and modify your original firmware tables to be correct for compliance with Apple firmware.

Could you point me in right direction to study what you suggested?

Thank you

Who's recommending that script? Why not do what is suggested by us and modify your original firmware tables to be correct for compliance with Apple firmware.

How so?

Could you point me in right direction to study what you suggested?

Thank you

How so?

It's pretty easy, the most difficult part is understanding ACPI. You need to dump your original ACPI tables from clover or linux or something else like Aida64 from windows. DO NOT dump from macOS. Get iasl, here is binary built from RehabMan. Decompile the tables with

iasl -d TABLENAME.aml
Then edit the tables and correct the definitions of _PSS and _CST to APSS and ACST. There are topics you can search for to figure out exactly how to do it but this will give better frequency to power ratio that is expected by the motherboard to perform these power changes correctly. I think to recompile to table its like

iasl -tc TABLENAME.dsl
Don't quote me on that though lol.

EDIT: Which also reminds me that I just updated my firmware and did not get the new tables to patch... Probably not the same now. So that might explain my AICPUPM panic... I'm an idiot.

EDIT2: You should make copies of the tables in a backup location you can easy copy back if you mess up as it may overwrite the original table when you recompile... I can't remember. I'm sure if you look at the help you can find out what the commands are and use them accordingingly.

It's pretty easy, the most difficult part is understanding ACPI. You need to dump your original ACPI tables from clover or linux or something else like Aida64 from windows. DO NOT dump from macOS. Get iasl, here is binary built from RehabMan. Decompile the tables with

iasl -d TABLENAME.aml
Then edit the tables and correct the definitions of _PSS and _CST to APSS and ACST. There are topics you can search for to figure out exactly how to do it but this will give better frequency to power ratio that is expected by the motherboard to perform these power changes correctly. I think to recompile to table its like

iasl -tc TABLENAME.dsl

I have a perfectly working DSDT just always been concerned / worried about cpu power management.

Attached is my clover extracts  :yes:

If you wanna look see.

origin.zip

I have a perfectly working DSDT just always been concerned / worried about cpu power management.

Attached is my clover extracts  :yes:

If you wanna look see.

I'm not going to do it for you man, put in the research, learn about it.

I'm not going to do it for you man, put in the research, learn about it.

Was just seeing if you could take a look and see if i need to do adjustments, and if i do can you point me to where i need to look.

This is my speedstep on Skylake (#1 in signature):

- no external SSDT

- config->ACPI->SSDT->Generate->PState=Yes, CState=Yes.

- CPU->SavingMode=15

- HWPEnable=NO

others by default.

Снимок экрана 2017-11-21 в 22.45.14.png

And  this is speedstep for my IvyBridge laptop (#2 in signature)

boot-arg = -xcpm

no CPU SSDT

Generate=YES (don't know if needed for xcpm)

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 14.08.32.png

In past I had Dell Inspiron 1525 with Core 2 Duo Penryn. I aalso had very good speedstep for it.

Moreover. PlimitDict and UnderVoltStep was invented for those computer to reduce temperature.

This is my speedstep on Skylake (#1 in signature):

- no external SSDT

- config->ACPI->SSDT->Generate->PState=Yes, CState=Yes.

- CPU->SavingMode=15

- HWPEnable=NO

others by default.

What does - CPU->SavingMode=15 do?

Also what is C2, C4 and C6 options for in cpu section?