ErmaC

Clover General discussion

20,682 posts in this topic

Advertisement

@Slice Clover 4297 no more boot... hang to ACPM 60s... mention that I use some XPC kernel patches. any ideas?

@Slice Clover 4297 no more boot... hang to ACPM 60s... mention that I use some XPC kernel patches. any ideas?

Ideas about what? You didn't provide information.

Ideas about what? You didn't provide information.

using clover 4233 with xpc patches all ok.. updated to 4297 no more able to boot/ hang at ACPM kext 60 seconds. what information do I need to provide? its something changed from 33 to 97.

using clover 4233 with xpc patches all ok.. updated to 4297 no more able to boot/ hang at ACPM kext 60 seconds. what information do I need to provide? its something changed from 33 to 97.

Upload your preboot.log

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

0:138 0:000 Custom boot CUSTOM_BOOT_DISABLED (0x0)

0:138 0:000 KernelXCPM: enabled

try to turn off KernelXCPM in config.plist

Turned. Same

0:138 0:000 Custom boot CUSTOM_BOOT_DISABLED (0x0)

0:138 0:000 KernelXCPM: enabled

try to turn off KernelXCPM in config.plist

How to turn off? KernelXCPM=No?

Well, with

<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/> 

stuck in PCI configuration begin43b8e62472ca05f5f3a41991c3b28c31.jpg

what's happening with clover? some time after every clover update pc won't boot.... fishy

i checked it. there is no reset function for Emuvariabled nvram

i implemented nvram reset feature.

i tested various test. as result,

RT/BT vals control is not good on EmuVariable system to remove Variable. also clover always load nvram.plist file. RT/BT is temp control.

still remains nvram.plist ESP/MBR. so remove nvram.plist and soft reboot, load clover gui again. its best for EmuVariable system.

now, remains cosmetic and native support nvram system

soon i will commit.

thanks

So the variables still are not being deleted after I changed that code? I would just go through and put some DBG messages all through the course of deleting the variable and see where it's failing then. It has to be somewhere in SetVariable or FindVariable or UpdateVariable or UpdateVariableInfo.... If EmuVariable is present then there is global variable that says so, so then remove all nvram.plist when you do this reset, otherwise they just will be reloaded again, if present.

EDIT: And new one will be created after next logout.

EDIT2: It may also be worth noting that there is situation here where normal nvram could have these values and be being transferred into EmuVariable, since nvram works before exit boot services. It might also be good to temporarily disable EmuVariable if it's enabled and reset as the real nvram as well, then reenable it.

Well, with

<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/> 

stuck in PCI configuration begin

what's happening with clover? some time after every clover update pc won't boot.... fishy

Stuck here means graphics issue.

I was using the plist find and replace option in kext to patch but maybe it does not work even though I have clover force loading them. but that was just a test also to try and add my device id to amd5000controller.kext and amdlegacysupport.kext. its simpler to probably just replace the card with one that works native and let it be. I tried 3 other graphics cards that "just work" this one should have worked with injection but nothings perfect right.

You don't have a correct format for the patching search and replace strings, that's why those errors are appearing there. There is an actual fake id key that you can set to fake the id without patching, you can just set that. If you want to patch you need to convert the ASCII/Unicode text to hexadecimal or base64 encoding, yes what you had in there is a hexadecimal number but it's encoded in ASCII, not hexadecimal encoding. Just use base64, look online for ASCII to base64 converter, convert the strings correctly to base64, and if you are using <string> tag change to <data> or if <data> change to <string>. Then the patch will work.

So the variables still are not being deleted after I changed that code? I would just go through and put some DBG messages all through the course of deleting the variable and see where it's failing then. It has to be somewhere in SetVariable or FindVariable or UpdateVariable or UpdateVariableInfo.... If EmuVariable is present then there is global variable that says so, so then remove all nvram.plist when you do this reset, otherwise they just will be reloaded again, if present.

EDIT2: It may also be worth noting that there is situation here where normal nvram could have these values and be being transferred into EmuVariable, since nvram works before exit boot services. It might also be good to temporarily disable EmuVariable if it's enabled and reset as the real nvram as well, then reenable it.

Stuck here means graphics issue.

You don't have a correct format for the patching search and replace strings, that's why those errors are appearing there. There is an actual fake id key that you can set to fake the id without patching, you can just set that. If you want to patch you need to convert the ASCII/Unicode text to hexadecimal or base64 encoding, yes what you had in there is a hexadecimal number but it's encoded in ASCII, not hexadecimal encoding. Just use base64, look online for ASCII to base64 converter, convert the strings correctly to base64, and if you are using <string> tag change to <data> or if <data> change to <string>. Then the patch will work.

Stuck here means graphics issue? could you be more explicit please. take note that with clover 4233 no such thing 

Stuck here means graphics issue? could you be more explicit please. take note that with clover 4233 no such thing

Upload your config file except private keys.

yes. can't still delete variables. Set/Find/Update is good but there is still nvram on esp/mac root, clover always load again next boot. after reset(Set/Find/Update if works), always delete nvram.plist as manual on emulvariable system.

so i selected nvram delete method, and tested it. shown good result. but remain little issue.

Things change, man. Could be any number of reasons. You don't need to upgrade every time if you have working stuff. There are new features and fixes of previous stuff that was broken, so maybe you have something enabled that is now working but wasn't before, or vice versa. Hard to say without config.plist and boot.log.

yes. can't still delete variables. Set/Find/Update is good but there is still nvram on esp/mac root, clover always load again next boot. after reset(Set/Find/Update if works), always delete nvram.plist as manual on emulvariable system.

so i selected nvram delete method, and tested it. shown good result. but remain little issue.

Dump the nvram with EmuVariable enabled and see what comes out, are those keys present? There's something going on, it should be deleting them, otherwise that's a problem, means that it probably isn't deleting any variables... Also I was saying you can automatically delete all those nvram.plist when doing this reset because there is a variable that says EmuVariable was loaded and is enabled. No need to make it a manual thing.

Upload your config file except private keys.

Sherlocks apianti thanks in advance

@Mickhael

it seems iocpifamily patch does not load

if it is right try to remove matchos for it... or to put for it extended name in name (sherlocks teaches me but I don't remember)

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

Changed somehow) after edit 10.13.x other))...

And, if I wait some time, black screen with back light and changing to write screen if I push some buttons on keyboard))

0549b8ee4abdd79d202973675eb12df5.jpg

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

Changed somehow) after edit 10.13.x other))...

And, if I wait some time, black screen with back light and changing to write screen if I push some buttons on keyboard))

0549b8ee4abdd79d202973675eb12df5.jpg

I used to get that timeout with my Asus after a reset. A couple of reboots fixed it. Could have been a cache thing for me?

FakeSMC failing to load?

You should read the comment by fusion71au, a few back, it fully answers your question and how to solve it. I have no idea if it's fixed yet or not, it's weird that it would just stop working all the sudden because that's the same method that it was using previously

The installer path to boot.efi on the "Boot OS X" partition for Fusion Drives changed from /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi (in El Capitan) to /com.apple.boot.R/boot.efi (in Sierra & High Sierra)...

El Capitan

post-846696-0-42067800-1510537588_thumb.png

vs Sierra & High Sierra

post-846696-0-28906600-1510537654_thumb.png

Does anyone else get these random non existent EFI's?

I get 3 on a fresh reboot.

Clover 4299 UEFI

Laptop specs below.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-11-13 at 1.25.14 pm.png

Known issue. I have experienced it from dp1 to beta2.

Click right button and remove it

Known issue. I have experienced it from dp1 to beta2.

Click right button and remove it

Thanks, Hows your battery indicator going? Mine only displays on boot when i have charger plugged and turn on / reboot. If its unplugged then it does not appear and i have to manually check the box. Not sure if Clover issue or kext issue. Maybe @RehabMan can comment?

Thanks, Hows your battery indicator going? Mine only displays on boot when i have charger plugged and turn on / reboot. If its unplugged then it does not appear and i have to manually check the box. Not sure if Clover issue or kext issue. Maybe @RehabMan can comment?

my BI is perfect.

BI check list

1. did you disable trim patch?

2. did you try to check/test bootarg?

• add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000

my BI is perfect.

BI check list

1. did you disable trim patch?

2. did you try to check/test bootarg?

• add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000

Which value should i use? Even with trim patch disabled and using abm_firstpolldelay=16000 i still get no B.I.

EDIT: Working 100% now with abm_firstpolldelay.