ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,022 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I cant see "kext inject management" bug fixes in (specific to) r4244, if so your problem could be randomly happen.. again :)

i just can't see "++++++++++++++++++" with failed boot on r4244. this problem happen

and i can't use kext inject management on 4243. because always failed after kext inject management.

i'm not sure other kext inject management issue. i tested basic feature.

my test

1. only used 10.13 folder with kexts. emtpy Others folder. injectkexts=detect. not tested usb installer. only installed HS disk.

2. in gui, select 10.13 installed HS disk with space bar, go kext inject management, enter 10.13, check kexts list, exit 10.13, enter other folder, check empty list, exit other folder, exit kext inject management. then boot without -v.

my test is failed boot with "++++++++++++++++++" line and apple logo on r4243

my test passed on r4244

sorry for my bad english

In contrary, boot.efi seems preferred to read NVRAM "boot-args" instead of LoadOptions. So storing LoadOptions to loaded boot.efi get ignored because its too late?

Just guessing:

(1) You have "-v" NVRAM "boot-args".

(2) Switch off "-v" from GUI.

(3) Boot.efi will read your NVRAM "boot-args" with "-v" (still), but Clover already switching to graphic mode. So resulting in black screen.

@Slice: how about using the XCLANG compiler profile? It's present in tools_def.txt as a profile for building edk2 for OS X/macOS. AFAIK, clang/llvm can be found in two places:

1. /usr/bin

2. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin

The second path requires the Xcode command line tools to be installed with xcode-select --install, but think about it, that's more than enough for the ordinary user and no 7GB Xcode download would be needed. I wonder why nobody has seen that part of that file yet, except maybe Micky1979, that's his idea.

In order the XCLANG profile to be used, the following paths should be changed:

#
# Change to the location clang was built
#
#DEFINE CLANG_BIN = /usr/bin/
#DEFINE CLANG_BIN = /opt/local/libexec/llvm-3.6/bin/

DEFINE LLVM_BIN = ENV(HOME)/src/llvm-build/Release/bin/
DEFINE CLANG_BIN = ENV(HOME)/src/llvm-build/Release/bin/

to something like

# clang and llvm are in the clt directory

DEFINE LLVM_BIN = /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/
DEFINE CLANG_BIN = /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/

or even configurable with variable:

# clang and llvm can be anywhere, just set the env var

DEFINE LLVM_BIN = ENV(LLVM_PREFIX)/
DEFINE CLANG_BIN = ENV(CLANG_PREFIX)/

@Philip Petev

I can't debug the problem because I always have Xcode installed.

I also didn't use llvm-clang because Xcode one is good enough producing working codes due to work of Zenith432. Tested on Xcode4.4.1, 7.3.1, 8.3.3, 9.0.

If I will change something in  tools_def.txt it will happen only if it doesn't violate my working compilation.

@Philip Petev

I can't debug the problem because I always have Xcode installed.

I also didn't use llvm-clang because Xcode one is good enough producing working codes due to work of Zenith432. Tested on Xcode4.4.1, 7.3.1, 8.3.3, 9.0.

If I will change something in  tools_def.txt it will happen only if it doesn't violate my working compilation.

There is no difference between the llvm-clang that comes with the Command line tools and the one, included in Xcode AFAIK.

@fabiosun,

Once you get to the prompt you are the root user, type this to mount the root filesystem read/write:

fsck –fy
mount –uw /

Then you can run any commands like you would in the terminal, such as removing or fixing kexts. You can't use things like diskutil though, and you are already root so don't use sudo.

Grazie!

Just guessing:

(1) You have "-v" NVRAM "boot-args".

(2) Switch off "-v" from GUI.

(3) Boot.efi will read your NVRAM "boot-args" with "-v" (still), but Clover already switching to graphic mode. So resulting in black screen.

No. AFAIK Clover destroys NVRAM "boot-args" before boot.efi starts.

There is no difference between the llvm-clang that comes with the Command line tools and the one, included in Xcode AFAIK.

llvm-clang assumed is custom compiled from llvm sources.

Xcode has "clang".

llvm-clang assumed is custom compiled from llvm sources.

Xcode has "clang".

Well, according to this, the Command line Tools are basically Xcode without the GUI. Both the compiler tools (clang etc.) and the macOS SDK are included. Xcode is actually a frontend for those tools and I really doubt someone would take the time and effort to compile two different sets of such tools.

@Slice: how about using the XCLANG compiler profile? It's present in tools_def.txt as a profile for building edk2 for OS X/macOS. AFAIK, clang/llvm can be found in two places:

1. /usr/bin

2. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin

The second path requires the Xcode command line tools to be installed with xcode-select --install, but think about it, that's more than enough for the ordinary user and no 7GB Xcode download would be needed. I wonder why nobody has seen that part of that file yet, except maybe Micky1979, that's his idea.

cvad as seen this since long time, Clover Builder.app tools do not need Xcodes

Edit***

Not sure ??

# clang and llvm can be anywhere, just set the env var

DEFINE LLVM_BIN = ENV(LLVM_PREFIX)/
DEFINE CLANG_BIN = ENV(CLANG_PREFIX)/

good, just tested with success! I have clang in /usr/bin/, also I have the command line tools and exporting those paths made working binaries.

Initially I receive a "bad nasm" message, so I just exported its path as well. Mine It's a tiny partition with os x installed and no place for Xcode, thanks!

cvad as seen this since long time, Clover Builder.app tools do not need Xcodes

Edit***

Not sure ??

Can't be without making on-the-fly changes to the source so I searched for that app and as expected  needs both xcode and an old version of gcc to be compiled, very different story. I think xcode is needed only to compile obj-c stuff, but the above is really better.

Edited by vector sigma

good, just tested with success! I have clang in /usr/bin/, also I have the command line tools and exporting those paths made working binaries.

Initially I receive a "bad nasm" message, so I just exported its path as well. Mine It's a tiny partition with os x installed and no place for Xcode, thanks!

Can't be without making on-the-fly changes to the source so I searched for that app and as expected  needs both xcode and an old version of gcc to be compiled, very different story. I think xcode is needed only to compile obj-c stuff, but the above is really better.

Be sure you have NASM 2.13.01 else codes will be broken.

For little changes in sources you just use ./ebuild.sh. Big scripts or apps needed for first time compilation.

No. AFAIK Clover destroys NVRAM "boot-args" before boot.efi starts.

Oops!

This line is commented out

//    DeleteNvramVariable(L"boot-args", &gEfiAppleBootGuid);

This is a big question.

Question:

I use older 4222 and see  (using -v) that always uses an boot arg slide=0 is used. But all working.

That slide=0 is not in set as boot arg in config.plist. (And is not  listet in nvram after boot)

Where does this boot arg slide=0 come from? Does Clover add this for boottime and then delete it from nvram?

Question:

I use older 4222 and see  (using -v) that always uses an boot arg slide=0 is used. But all working.

That slide=0 is not in set as boot arg in config.plist. (And is not  listet in nvram after boot)

Where does this boot arg slide=0 come from? Does Clover add this for boottime and then delete it from nvram?

Clover calculates the obligatoriness of this arg and added it. But I am not sure as arg or also in NVRAM.

@slice so now clover enables it also if it is not selected by user?

I just wondered, I thought it was obsolete  :angel:

also this automatic mandatory injection is possible to override for some parts?

I mean automatic choice of a fakecpuid or some kernel patches in case of unsupported CPU?

Clover calculates the obligatoriness of this arg and added it. But I am not sure as arg or also in NVRAM.

I just wondered, I thought it was obsolete  :angel:

Since Clover do it automatically.

@slice so now clover enables it also if it is not selected by user?

also this automatic mandatory injection is possible to override for some parts?

I mean automatic choice of a fakecpuid or some kernel patches in case of unsupported CPU?

some kernel patches yes.

fakecpuid no.

Thank you for clarification

so my cpu needs of 0x40674 fakecpuid

clover detects it and choose right kernel patches after or if this fakecpuid is detected?

So it is behave in similar way if ie I have a i7 6950x or a E5 - 2696 v4 (xeon)

I am asking because with some clover version I had after login a reboot I ever  have had not before with ie clover 4081 release or 4049...whit this I have had a set of kernel fix or only a kext fix like brumbaer 5960x patch which produce a near perfect system (in daily use no reboots @all)

It is difficult to debug because clover changes, system changes (from Sierra to high) and this behavior happens very rarely in my rig

so excluding some automatic patching or to have a old clover release working with High Sierra could help

Since Clover do it automatically.

some kernel patches yes.

fakecpuid no.

Thank you for clarification

so my cpu needs of 0x40674 fakecpuid

clover detects it and choose right kernel patches after or if this fakecpuid is detected?

So it is behave in similar way if ie I have a i7 6950x or a E5 - 2696 v4 (xeon)

I am asking because with some clover version I had after login a reboot I ever have had not before with ie clover 4081 release or 4049...whit this I have had a set of kernel fix or only a kext fix like brumbaer 5960x patch which produce a near perfect system (in daily use no reboots @all)

It is difficult to debug because clover changes, system changes (from Sierra to high) and this behavior happens very rarely in my rig

so excluding some automatic patching or to have a old clover release working with High Sierra could help

I would second that - we need a way to disable automatic patching for Broadwell-E, because it is not perfect. If I had the time I would propose fixes for inclusion in the code but right now I can't so am being forced to stick to older versions or build my own suitably modified which is not ideal. It seems there are multiple users who have same need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would second that - we need a way to disable automatic patching for Broadwell-E, because it is not perfect. If I had the time I would propose fixes for inclusion in the code but right now I can't so am being forced to stick to older versions or build my own suitably modified which is not ideal. It seems there are multiple users who have same need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<key>KernelPm</key>
		<false/>

Will it help you?

@Sherlocks

Is the any Broadwell patch that can't be switched off from config?

<key>KernelPm</key>		<false/>
Will it help you?

@Sherlocks

Is the any Broadwell patch that can't be switched off from config?

Yes. I mentioned this problem before when auto patch start r4134 over build.

Now, we have no choice to disable autopatch. Also user can't debug system problem correctly.

Broadwell and other xcpm patch "not perfect". Consider various facts(bios setting, msr on each motherboard) for stable system. This is not cover all system. Users check each patch for their system. I mentioned this status long time ago to apianti and syscl. But not accept it.

At least, need oppertunity to use fakecpuid feature and kernel patch on pure kernel for unsupport cpu's user. But now clover doesnt have.

So now fabiosun,alfaSZ reported oppertunity that i mentioned above.

My opinion, at least, autopatch disable option.

Thanks

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

@Sherlocks Grazie! :-)

Could it be possible to use a your commits (I think 4081) with high Sierra?

For simple user as I am often it is difficult to explain problem to help coder in they efforts..but ie in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316516-macos-sierrahigh-sierra-on-broadwell-eep-not-a-guide-but-maybe-a-working-in-progress/page-1

with previous clover without auto patch functionality I can try all that solution..which were fully working for different people

with auto patch simple user do not know which patches are on or less..

The only problem was to find exact new kernel location if OSX kernel changed.

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rtke333
      Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G - Mojave 10.14.4

(Note: mine is 55TU version, but the bootpack will work fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)
      Specifications:
      - Motherboard: USOPP_SLS (Skylake-H PCH)
      - BIOS:Insyde Corp. v 1.15
      - CPU:Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz (Skylake)
      - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB (Optimus) & Intel HD Graphics 530
      - RAM:SK hynix 4 GB DDR4 (Later I bought + KINGSTON 4 GB) 2133 MHz
      - WiFi + Bluetooth:Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A 5 GHz (Later -> Broadcom BRCM94352Z M.2 5 GHz WiFi + 4.0 Bluetooth)
      - Audio:Realtek HD Audio: ALC 255 
      - Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111
      - Card Reader:Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (USB2.0-CRW)
      - Webcam:HD Webcam
      - HDD:TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 320 GB HDD
      - SSD:SPCC M.2 230 GB SSD
      - Display:1366x768 (15.6", Matte)
      - Battery: 6 cell 56Wh / 5040mAh
      - Connectors: 
      1x SD Card Reader 2x USB 3.0 (1x USB Charging), 1x USB 2.0 1x VGA 1x HDMI 1x 3.5mm microphone/audio combined jack connector 1x Ethernet (Rj-45) - Keyboard & Touchpad:Multi-Touch & Multi-gestures ELAN 501 Touchpad, Backlight Keyboard.
      Working:  
      - Wi-Fi (with BCM94352Z)
      - Bluetooth hand-off (With BCM94352Z)
      -Full Graphics enabled on HD 530: ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 (HD 530 Mobile)
      - Display: if default colour profile is corrupted (blue is not actual blue but purplish) Use "Rec. ITU-R BT. 709-5" Color Profile (System Pref. -> Displays -> Color)
      -HDMI & VGA Outputs: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Clover patch
      - Audio (ALC 255):(Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack with AppleALC, ALCPlugFix -> layout-id=17)
      - Ethernet Realtek 8168/8111: RealtekRTL8111.kext
      - App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud(native)
      - Integrated webcam(native)
      - 3.0 USB (native)
      - Touchpad and Keyboard(ELAN501): Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn-> To fix this try Karabiner (VoodoPS2Controller.kext), - for gestures try SmartTouchpad drivers
      - Battery info:Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with Kext Utility or other installer.
      - Sleep Mode
      - SSD with TRIM enabled (to enable trim, open Terminal and write "sudo trimforce enable")
      Not working:
      - Original Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A):  unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle.
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M: Optimus not supported.
      - Card Reader: Unsupported -> Can't really fix because I don't have any SD Card at the moment, maybe can be fixed by adding Prod & Ven IDs to AppleStorageDevices.kext, I never used it anyway. name: "USB2.0-CRW" Prod ID: "0x0129" Ven ID: "0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"
      For Wi-Fi:
      - 1st method:You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used TP-Link Archer T1U (5GHz support), TP-Link has official macOS drivers, you just need to install it
      -2nd and I think the best method:Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Zcard (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kexts (enabled with BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, they're all in my attached zip). You could buy this card from ebay, aliexpress, or amazon

Issues:
      - None
      BIOS Settings:
      - BIOS version 1.15 (irrelevant)
      - Secure Boot: Disabled
      - Touchpad: Advanced
      - Boot mode:UEFI
      Getting ready for Installation:
      - Download the install zip (bootpack & postinstall): Click here -> acer_aspire_v591g_installfiles.zip
      Installation:
      - Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager)
      - Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder
      - Boot with the Installer USB
      - If you stuck in boot, reboot and in the Clover bootloader select "config_debug.cfg" -> you'll have more informations about the freeze

Please open the README.rtf in my install zip for more informations about the USB Installer & Post installation!
      If you have a single RAM and getting panic at boot, then you need to edit the "config.plist" with these (SMBIOS->after "Version 1.0"):
      ->Edit "Frequency" and "Size" to match your RAM values
      <key>Version</key> <string>1.0</string> <key>Memory</key> <dict> <key>Channels</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>SlotCount</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Modules</key> <array> <dict> <key>Slot</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Size</key> <integer>8192</integer> <key>Frequency</key> <integer>2133</integer> <key>Type</key> <string>DDR4</string> </dict> </array> </dict> </dict>  
      PowerManagement  fix:
      Set HWPEnable=YES in Clover (already set), CPUFloor to "700", Frequency to "2300" and "3200"(Normal and Turbo, if you have i7-6700HQ version then it should be "2600", "3500") and "FrequencyVectors" from "0x0d000000" to "0x07000000" in "S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist", MSR _xcpm_idle Patch to KernelToPatch in Clover (If you have High Sierra, change "MatchOS" to 10.13):

<key>KernelToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> ILniAAAADzA= </data> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> ILniAAAAkJA= </data> </dict> </array> Reboot, and it's 800MHz in idle state, same on Windows.

Before updating to a new version of Mojave please update kexts (and clover if necessary) to newer versions to avoid kernel panics.
      Generate a serial number with Clover Configurator.app (open up your config.plist with CC then -> SMBIOS -> Serial Number -> Generate New)
      Mojave & Windows 10 Dual-Boot:
      Dual-boot clean install (on one drive), UEFI Only:

Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac),   Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,  Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install.   Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       5.  You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive), UEFI Only:
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      I created a video from this restore method: [Hackintosh] Dual-Boot High Sierra & Windows - when Windows already installed - no data waste - UEFI
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (link is in my video's description).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
       Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.  Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.  Restore from image: select your full system restore image.  When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.  When you successfully booted to Mac desktop, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), open EFI, you will see there is a Microsoft folder already (don't touch that!). Copy my CLOVER folder to the EFI folder then Restart.  Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       7.  You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (Only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      - Make sure you have partitions in GPT
      - Windows using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. Don't worry, just ignore the errors.

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      - Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)

IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found):
      - It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem)
      - You also could "mount" the EFI from Windows:
      1st method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      diskpart
      list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4)
      sel vol 4
      list part(Select System type partition, for example 2)
      sel part 2
      assign letter=b(This will "mount" your EFI partition)
      Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI
      remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI)
      2nd method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI)
      Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI
      mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)
      Thanks to all OSXLatitude members for helping me out! (Jake Lo, Hervé, Bronxteck, black.dragon74)!
      Notes:
      2019.03.30: Fixed USB 3.0 ports, fixed Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> updated bootpack
      2019.03.28: Updated to 10.14.4. Unexpected crashes while updating to 10.14.4 -> fixed by updating Clover to the latest (v4910) version. Bluetooth crashes appeared -> fixed by downgraded Brcm*.kexts. Updated bootpack.
      2019.02.24: Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> fixed, updated bootpack. 
      2019.02.22: Updated to 10.14.3. Fixed HDMI Audio by installing "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" -> fixed freezing during boot. Fixed brightness levels by installing "AppleBacklightFixup.kext". Also updated bootpack & postinstall zip down in attachments.
      2019.01.21: Removed FakeSMC.kext, SMCHelper-64.efi, replaced by VirtualSMC.kext, VirtualSMC.efi because I got random freezes when booting system (kextd stall[0], (120s): 'AppleACPICPU' -> CPU is at 100%, fans are spinning fast), also updated bootpack in the attachments "acer_aspire_v591g-55tu_clover.zip"-> Freeze continued, brought back FakeSMC, deleted VirtualSMC (caused BT crashes).
      2019.01.18: HDMI Audio is fixed, I didn't do anything HDMI Audio is not fixed, sometimes it worked but most likely not. (no idea why)
      2018.12.09: Updated to 10.14.2 -> did without any complication
      2018.11.28: Fixed combo-jack garbage sound output by installing ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander.kext
      2018.11.01: Updated to 10.14.1 -> HDMI & VGA ports are gone again. -> Fixed by "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" rollback from 10.14.
      2018.09.28: Updated to Mojave 10.14 -> Fixed HDMI & VGA Outputs by adding "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" patches to config.plist, HDMI audio not working
    • By ciriousjoker
      TLDR:
      I'm trying to boot MacOS on a Chromebook without UEFI. I'm stuck at getting the bootloader (Chameleon/Clover) to work.  
      My setup / context:
      I have an Acer Chromebook Spin 13.
      Available ports:
      2 x USB-C 1 x USB-A 3.0 MicroSD Slot No USB A 2.0 (I've read that Clover has problems with USB 3.0) Firmware:
      There's no UEFI firmware available and by default, it doesn't even allow booting anything other than ChromeOS. Thanks to MrChromebox (big shoutouts!), I flashed a custom legacy bios that allows me to boot anything linux related. This bios is flashed into the RW_LEGACY section of the existing bootloader (coreboot afaik) and doesn't have any configuration options. If I have to change a setting, I could try compiling his bios payload myself with the specific setting enabled.  
      What I've tried so far:
      Chameleon attempts:
      Only selected setting was "Install chameleon on the chosen path", rest was unselected.

1 - Install chameleon first without restoring the basesystem:
      Output:
      > boot0: GPT
      > boot0: done
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE".

2 - Install Chameleon after restoring the base system:
      Output:
      > boot0: doneboot1: /boot       <- Exactly like that, no line break in between
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down)

I haven't been able to reproduce #2 after wiping the drive and doing the same thing again. Subsequent attempts have resulted in either #1 of either Chameleon or Clover.
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER".

Clover attempts:
      I tried multiple settings and configurations, but all of them boiled down to either one of these.

1 - Doesn't do anything, just hangs at "Booting from usb..."
      2 - Boots into the blue/grey mode as shown in the attached images.
      According to MrChromebox, this could be an old Tianocore DUET It doesn't detect anything (cpu frequency, ram, partitions or disks)  
      I've read pretty much every article, github readme and other types of documentation for coreboot, tianocore, clover, chameleon and MrChromebox' rw_legacy payloads and right now, I'm totally clueless as to what to try next...

A few questions that came up:
      Why does chameleon hang? What is it looking for, /boot was clearly written to the disk by the Chameleon installer? What exactly is the blue/grey image? According to MrChromebox, it could be Tianocore DUET Where does it come from? Clover? The mainboard itself? Why does the blue/grey thing not detect my processor frequency or any partitions/drives? Can I use some sort of DUET bootloader to chainload Clover?  
      If you guys could answer any of them or if you have any other guesses or information as to what's happening, I'd be really happy!
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE.txt
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER.txt

• By outdoormagic
      Short Version:
      I have two drives with the exact same EFI folder (and I can boot into Clover from either one), shouldn't I be able to boot into MacOS from either one?

More Detail:
      I've done a few hacks so far and this never happened. (Gigabyte z370 / 8700k / Vega, Asus z390 / i5-9600k / 1080). Now, I'm setting up a ThinkPad X1 Gen 6. (Yes, I do expect problems on laptops, but that's not the question).

Mojave 10.14.4 now boots from the internal SSD. So far, so good. Here's the problem.

I installed Mojave on a USB drive (for backup / rescue) and copied the entire EFI partition of my boot drive to the EFI partition on the USB drive. So... I should be able to boot from the USB drive, right? Wrong. Ran Clover installer on the USB itself. Same outcome.

With F12, I can boot from the USB into Clover and select the OS on the USB. The boot sequence hangs on End Random Seed, but before the usual '++++++++' line.
      So, boot into Clover on internal boot drive, then select OS on USB. Same thing.

Read the forums, I saw the posts about AptioMemoryFix, so I tried the various other drivers on the USB. No go.

I haven't found the solution yet to the USB boot issue, but what puzzles me is that if I have two drives with the exact same EFI folder (and I can boot into Clover from either one), shouldn't I be able to boot into MacOS from either one?