ErmaC

Clover General discussion

22,349 posts in this topic

@LuCyr04,

Which filesystem drivers do you have? If you enable filevault but don't have HFSPlus.efi from Apple firmware then will get stuck trying to access the partition.

@pkdesign,

I have two different settings in the firmware setup menu, CSM and Option ROM preference. If CSM is enabled, the other option allows to select the preference of legacy or UEFI option ROM for devices. However, no matter what if I enable CSM then my resolution is limited to 1024x768 and 800x600. If CSM is disabled I get full range of resolutions.

Advertisement

If CSM is disabled I get full range of resolutions.

Thank you thats Solved my Boot resolution issue  B)

Thank you thats Solved my Boot resolution issue  B)

Ah, yes, I should point out that you should probably make sure your GPU has a UEFI capable option ROM first, otherwise, you'll have no graphics and need to reset your firmware NVRAM from the motherboard hardware (if the motherboard has such a feature - a laptop likely does not).

Ah, yes, I should point out that you should probably make sure your GPU has a UEFI capable option ROM first, otherwise, you'll have no graphics and need to reset your firmware NVRAM from the motherboard hardware (if the motherboard has such a feature - a laptop likely does not).

No probleme for Graphics, its verry good now at boot screen, my icons are all perfectly uniform

Do you remember how to recover the Windows 10 Logo at boot, I Lost , just have the spinning wheel

Ha! I have even more than that!

I have never been able to get full resolution at boot no matter what I do. I tried injecting EDID and PatchVBios but it doesn’t work. I tried putting the Video ROM in the correct folder but that does nothing.

Do you mind me asking how you pulled your EDID?

Even if you already know how to use Clover to set big resolution your nvidia card is limited to this list

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
  {1280,  720},
  {1280,  800},
  {1360,  768},
  {1400, 1050},
  {1440,  900},
  {1600,  900},
  {1600, 1200},
  {1680, 1050},
  {1920, 1080},
  {1920, 1200},
  {2048, 1536}
};

Sorry, PatchVBios for Nvidia limited to this list.

No probleme for Graphics, its verry good now at boot screen, my icons are all perfectly uniform

Do you remember how to recover the Windows 10 Logo at boot, I Lost , just have the spinning wheel

Hi Chris

For windows boot logo at start, If your system is booting in legacy mode - you get Windows Logo

If your system in booting in UEFI mode - you get OEM logo

On my system, I've just Asus logo (my motherboard) with the spinning wheel

But if you want to custom logo: you can try this, https://github.com/Metabolix/HackBGRT/releases. Or using Windows ICD: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt683761(v=vs.85).aspx

Hi Chris

For windows boot logo at start, If your system is booting in legacy mode - you get Windows Logo

But if you want to custom logo: you can try this, https://github.com/Metabolix/HackBGRT/releases. Or using Windows ICD: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt683761(v=vs.85).aspx

Try to disable fast boot logo display to get windows logo instead of oem & still uefi.

Edited by cecekpawon

Even if you already know how to use Clover to set big resolution your nvidia card is limited to this list

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
  {1360,  768},
};

Sorry, PatchVBios for Nvidia limited to this list.

Agree, also happened on Linux with Grub2 as well. Can't get proper native resolution on boot screen, so under Clover GUI set to 1360x768 w/o PatchVBios is enough for me. (Nvidia: Legacy)

2:747  0:000  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:747  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - setting Mode 3
2:747  0:000  BV new mode: 3 1360x768
3:037  0:290  Video mode change to mode #3: Success
3:102  0:064  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
3:102  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
3:102  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
3:102  0:000   - [04]: 170x40 (current mode)
3:102  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - already set 

0x3E7 disables more protections than 0x67. (Sorry unfortunately I can't tell what the exact items are right now.)

Sist I have modified crstat here to be more csrutil like.. included binary to test.

Is anyone had graphic mode with apple logo while booting with active nvram boot-args "-v" & edit/delete it from Clover GUI supposed not to boot in verbose mode? Mine is just black. Starting boot.efi with StartEFILoadedImage + LoadOptions doesnt take effect? Thanks

Agree, also happened on Linux with Grub2 as well. Can't get proper native resolution on boot screen, so under Clover GUI set to 1360x768 w/o PatchVBios is enough for me. (Nvidia: Legacy)

2:747  0:000  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:747  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - setting Mode 3
2:747  0:000  BV new mode: 3 1360x768
3:037  0:290  Video mode change to mode #3: Success
3:102  0:064  Console modes reported: 4, available modes:
3:102  0:000   - [01]: 80x25
3:102  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
3:102  0:000   - [04]: 170x40 (current mode)
3:102  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1360x768 - already set

I first see 1360x768. Is it correct 1366x768?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I first see 1360x768. Is it correct 1366x768?

Yup, 1360~ is near native reso for my Display with Nvidia. If using 1366~ I only get 1024~ (same results by using AutoDetect, PatchVBios does nothing on my case) as @Slice has said above. Below is my output if using 1366x768 on Clover GUI:

post-826765-0-50855800-1500718211_thumb.png

bootlog.NVDA-1366.txt

Hi Chris

I have two windows 10 UEFI in fact, on my PC the logo is present but on my laptop not  :angel:

I reinstalling Windows 10 UEFI in my laptop and now the Logo is the HP Logo :hysterical:  :rofl:

Now is Updated in Progress 

Hey,

found maybe some new investigation regarding AMD no sleep problem.

Seems that the Intel HD Framebuffer only is required, so the intel gfx device is not detected, but the framebuffer (in my case azul) is loaded. The sleep then still works, so it seems that the azul / capri framebuffer kext alone are responsible for a working sleep mode for AMD gfx?

edit: I forgot to mention that sleep does not work, if you also remove the Intel framebuffer... so is it right to assume that the AMD gfx bios initialization theory is wrong, but instead there is some code in that framebuffer which makes sleepmode working for amd?

AMD sleep wake needs IGPU and connection to monitor.    If no monitor is connected to IGPU no Wake.    

I have been toying with a i3 7350K and have had issues getting HD 630 to work.   I used fake ID 0x19120001 for Skylake ( its J=Kaby Lake) and got some interesting results.    Mork may have encountered this before.    The PCI slot says 1 lane in About this Mac.

post-1753549-0-65097500-1500737262_thumb.png post-1753549-0-20657300-1500737316_thumb.png post-1753549-0-36613400-1500737336_thumb.png

This is with IGPU partially supported.

post-1753549-0-07634900-1500737285_thumb.png

Ioreg. RX 480 no igpu.zip

I have two windows 10 UEFI in fact, on my PC the logo is present but on my laptop not  :angel:

I reinstalling Windows 10 UEFI in my laptop and now the Logo is the HP Logo :hysterical:  :rofl:

Now is Updated in Progress 

hello

the boot is the same

boot.efi

from Mac OS x

only thing is diff

is the efi.drivers

maybe not the same ... uefi and legacy boot

is a no sense telling someone boot in legacy with a efi bios ..

i see this many times here in this topic

good hack

hello

the boot is the same

boot.efi

from Mac OS x

only thing is diff

is the efi.drivers

maybe not the same ... uefi and legacy boot

is a no sense telling someone boot in legacy with a efi bios ..

i see this many times here in this topic

good hack

Yes its correct

my HP Bios as

Legacy boot

CSM/UEFI or UEFI Only

Now all is good with UEFI Only :)

EDIT***

But UEFI native no CSM the verbose boot is deform , when the second stage boot apear the screen is perfect  :angel_not:

So I am return to CSM /UEFI, I need my verbose boot some times.

OsxAptioFixDrv64 from back around page 492, was there a fix for version 1 of this driver about the memory exceeding allocation relocation block?   AptioFix2 works fine but its using reloc block=no.  Does that make any difference?  I know my shutdown is way faster using the original driver versus aptiofix2 but it works fine.  I just wanted to know if there were versions out there for Aptiofix v1 that fixed this reloc block size?  Maybe bad searching on my part because i thought RehabMan had posted some different reloc block sizes?

This is for an Asus maximus VIII Hero Alpha, skylake Motherboard.

Thanks

Edited:

Should have searched better found the fix changed CsrActiveConfig from 0x3 to 0x67.  Was the original AptioFixDrv Reloc Allocation Relocation size increased then? 

Using AptioFIx2Drv sets reloc block to "yes" and AptioFixDrv original sets reloc block "no" is there any difference here?  Only difference I can observe is the original AptioFixDrv gives me much faster shutdown.

AptioFix2 does not relocate the allocation for the kernel, where AptioFix does. Use whichever works. There are modified versions, DO NOT USE THEM, because they free random regions of memory, you don't want this.

AptioFix2 does not relocate the allocation for the kernel, where AptioFix does. Use whichever works. There are modified versions, DO NOT USE THEM, because they free random regions of memory, you don't want this.

This tip is for the all Hacks (old and new ones)?

Thanks

This tip is for the all Hacks (old and new ones)?

Thanks

Unsure what you mean? Only use AptioFix, AptioFix2, or LowMemFix. Those other drivers are not a good idea, if they were, I would have implemented it in the drivers already. They came about from a proof of concept and conversation I had with Nick on sf.net. They are terrible drivers intended only to help me resolve the issue, which actually was never really resolved. I had another idea a minute back to try to reserve the region first, then free region before actual boot, appears this would be the best solution. However, I am not in the best of health and can't really get stuff done as I'd like.... My computer was also stolen, so I lost everything I was developing....

EDIT: If someone would like to modify those drivers to achieve this here is a basic algorithm:

1. Start with slide=0 and a max region size, probably 0x20000 pages is good.

2. Get memory map.

3. Search memory map for free region(s). Calculate the slide that each region would require [slide = (address - 0x100000) / 0x200000]. Notice that this can put you above or below the starting address, so you have to make sure it's still inside the region and adjust the page count accordingly. Choose the lowest slide with the largest free region, the first region with max pages should be chosen and searching can stop. Actually the memory map may not be in order...

4. Allocate this region to prevent it from being used.

5. Add (or modify) slide=X argument for entry if it's boot.efi, where X is the slide that was just calculated in step 3.

6. Free this region when a loader is started.

This driver would need to be specially loaded before any other drivers so the drivers loading would need to be modified - it would also help if the driver was loaded at top of memory to prevent from using prime real estate in low memory.

I've mean that we shouldn't use these drivers in the new Hardwares as @oSxFr33k has mentioned (Skylake board)? Or in the old Hardwares as mine (Ivy Bridge), if these drivers can be dangerous.

I've mean that we shouldn't use these drivers in the new Hardwares as @oSxFr33k has mentioned (Skylake board)? Or in the old Hardwares as mine (Ivy Bridge), if these drivers can be dangerous.

Yeah, do not use them unless it's entirely a last resort, legacy booting should be attempted first. It's very likely they will result in unintended side effects, especially if the region is needed for a device. Really even LowMemFix probably shouldn't be used as it also just releases low memory regions, however it's for specific hardware that is known not to have an issue with releasing these regions...

Yeah, do not use them unless it's entirely a last resort, legacy booting should be attempted first. It's very likely they will result in unintended side effects, especially if the region is needed for a device. Really even LowMemFix probably shouldn't be used as it also just releases low memory regions, however it's for specific hardware that is known not to have an issue with releasing these regions...

Thank you so much @apianti, I'm gonna do this here right now!  ;)

On my skylake board osxaptiofix2 works fine.

On my skylake board osxaptiofix2 works fine.

I used osxaptiofix2 on my skylake but I recently switched to OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and it seems to be working better that the other one (at least for me).

I also used osxaptiofix2 on my Ivy-Bridge and it started to acting up specially when I used RC Scripts, the computer couldn't boot I had to reset the BIOS. After running some tests I noticed that the RC Script was causing the problem in combination with osxaptiofix2 so I switched form osxaptiofix2 to OsxAptioFixDrv-64 instead (On both systems). I still don't use RC Scripts on my IvyBridge (Second system in my signature) but it has no problem on my SkyLake.