• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

17,164 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity only why are you trying to change you potatoes to tomatoes when you can simply buy tomatoes.

I think it is   better to trick the os then just change its components but in the end that is only my opinion :lol:

ok, after a new clean install... nothing changed   :(

1:367  0:000  KextToPatch 0: AMD5000Controller Info.plist patch, data len: 27
1:367  0:000  KextToPatch 1: AMDRadeonX3000 Info.plist patch, data len: 27

Clover patches both kexts during the boot stage but kexts are never loaded... even if I boot twice (the first time w/o caches and the second time w/)

I don't know if this can make difference but I noticed a sort of 'ghost' characters when Clover patches my kexts

Info.plist patch: '<string>0x68B81002</string>'  ->
 '<string>0x68BA1002</string>ùAptaIÀ1ÒfH
==> patched 1 times!

it's pretty random... I can have it for both kexts... sometime with more, and sometime with less characters... but the length does not change

There must be debugging and observing to catch exact reason.

what I can do more for that?

bootlog.log.txt

didn't have more luck with FakeID  :(

ok, after a new clean install... nothing changed   :(

1:367  0:000  KextToPatch 0: AMD5000Controller Info.plist patch, data len: 27
1:367  0:000  KextToPatch 1: AMDRadeonX3000 Info.plist patch, data len: 27

Clover patches both kexts during the boot stage but kexts are never loaded... even if I boot twice (the first time w/o caches and the second time w/)

I don't know if this can make difference but I noticed a sort of 'ghost' characters when Clover patches my kexts

Info.plist patch: '<string>0x68B81002</string>'  ->
 '<string>0x68BA1002</string>ùAptaIÀ1ÒfH
==> patched 1 times!

it's pretty random... I can have it for both kexts... sometime with more, and sometime with less characters... but the length does not change

what I can do more for that?

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

didn't have more luck with FakeID   :(

You can set KernelAndKextPatches->Debug=true and look on screen what is happen.

I want to see a kernel.log with messages that the kext failed to load.

In case of FakeID I want to see full DarwinDumper report because the method must work.

You 6770 really is 5770 but with modified BIOS. Someone reprogram BIOS for such card to be working in OSX.

I think those ghost characters are only on screen because of absent null character termination.

KernelAndKextPatches->Debug=true  is already set

kernel.log.zip

I'll reboot with FakeID and then post my full DarwinDumper report

edit: DarwinDumper_2.9.8_Clover_X64_3229_Unknown_fantomas1.zip

You 6770 really is 5770 but with modified BIOS. Someone reprogram BIOS for such card to be working in OSX.

yes, I know... by the past I just flashed my 6770 into 5770 and had native support

until I discovered Clover's Info.plist patch on the fly and since then I use it on ML/Mavericks/Yosemite

I can add my Device-ID into Info.plist manually... it works fine but I got used to do it with Clover     :P

KernelAndKextPatches->Debug=true  is already set

attachicon.gifkernel.log.zip

I'll reboot with FakeID and then post my full DarwinDumper report

edit: attachicon.gifDarwinDumper_2.9.8_Clover_X64_3229_Unknown_fantomas1.zip

OK.

As I see your DSDT doesn't contain graphic device (as it should be, because BIOS doesn't know if you insert it)

Device (P0P2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
                }
            }

For this reason FakeID is not working. IOPCIFamily.kext created new device with RealID.

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 21.06.04.png

But kexts don't want to attach to such cards

So I recommend you also set DSDT patches FixDisplay_0100

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
				<true/>

As I see your DSDT doesn't contain graphic device (as it should be, because BIOS doesn't know if you insert it)

I have an old config... but works fine with all recent OS X versions... and without dsdt and I never had to use it... InfoPlist patch always worked fine!!!

if you take a look on my topic here: http://www.insanelym...ericksyosemite/ my 6770 works fine with dsdt injection and don't have to use InfoPlist patch but it also works fine with InfoPlist patch without dsdt.

edit: I found my dsdt that I used before discovering Clover's InfoPlist patch and it works as before

dsdt.aml.zip

but I want my Clover's InfoPlist patch!!!   smiley-pleure.gif

You don't have to use custom dsdt  just add to your config.plist  what Slice suggested to make FakeID work.

maybe I misspoke... I just wanted to tell that my custom dsdt does the same job as FakeID

when I said earlier that FakeID did not work, it's because I forgot to put the patches that slice suggested after... I apologize!

and when I did it, FakeID worked fine   ;)

but my problem is not FakeID... it's more about InfoPlist patching on the fly 

anyway, thank you for your reply... I really appreciate   ^_^

maybe I misspoke... I just wanted to tell that my custom dsdt does the same job as FakeID

when I said earlier that FakeID did not work, it's because I forgot to put the patches that slice suggested after... I apologize!

and when I did it, FakeID worked fine   ;)

but my problem is not FakeID... it's more about InfoPlist patching on the fly 

anyway, thank you for your reply... I really appreciate   ^_^

Is I understand you that info.plist patch working in ML stop working in ElCapitan?

hi slice   :)

no, it worked also fine with Yosemite until 10.10.3 (I'm not sure)... so it's something related to new versions of Clover... but unfortunately I can't remember which was the version that I used at this moment.

as you can see in this topic , InfoPlist patch works fine in ML / Mavericks / Yosemite... I just stopped to update it because there was nothing new about... as the patch still worked fine.

and about the new method of InfoPlist patching... what really changed compared to the old method and why? what was the version of Clover that this method has been implemented?

on my humble point of view, Clover is really a powerful bootloader and my favorite feature is InfoPlist patching on the fly... this is why I insist to know why it does not work for me...and also I would like that other members who use this feature come here and share their feedback to see if it is a problem only related to me or to a more larger circle of users. 

anyway, I really appreciate your help Slice and all your involvement in this Clover project...   ^_^

fantomas1

and about the new method of InfoPlist patching... what really changed compared to the old method and why? what was the version of Clover that this method has been implemented?

From post#48 in the Clover V2 Instructions thread, Clover r3154 introduced new changes to Info.Plist patching:

"Since rev.3154 I should set more strict rules to have a success."

hi slice   :)

no, it worked also fine with Yosemite until 10.10.3 (I'm not sure)... so it's something related to new versions of Clover... but unfortunately I can't remember which was the version that I used at this moment.

as you can see in this topic , InfoPlist patch works fine in ML / Mavericks / Yosemite... I just stopped to update it because there was nothing new about... as the patch still worked fine.

on my humble point of view, Clover is really a powerful bootloader and my favorite feature is InfoPlist patching on the fly... this is why I insist to know why it does not work for me...and also I would like that other members who use this feature come here and share their feedback to see if it is a problem only related to me or to a more larger circle of users. 

anyway, I really appreciate your help Slice and all your involvement in this Clover project...   ^_^

fantomas1

Sometime ago I found a bug in Info.plist patching: if a search pattern contains two lines then it should take into account invisible characters like end_of_line and line_feed. So the patching was impossible for such cases.

So why I implemented more advanced method including ignoring invisible characters and shifted results to fit initial buffer.

Sure I carefully checked what I did and what is the result. I debugged this method before committed it.

Anyway I can't exclude a mistakes. I just want to know what they are to be able to correct.

It's a pity there are no other developers interested in this procedure now.

Hello to devs i have a question (request).
Is it possible that kext patching can be OS specific as with the same configuration i can boot 10.10 but i have a reboot with 10.11 and the problem is Applehda.kext patch.Something like:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>ALC889 Codec</string>
				<key>OS version</key>
				<data>10.10</data>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>iQjsEA==</data>
			</dict>

Hey, I'm new in the forum sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but,

Has anyone succeded on booting OS X El Capitan DP1 with an Intel HD Graphics 4000? I'm having this problem since Yosemite although everything works fine using Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but never seemed to work properly with Clover, the screen goes black when it boots. I've never used Clover before, but I suppose Intel HD Graphics 4000 should be natively supported by OS X, and i've never had a problem using it with Chameleon. I'm using a simple laptop with an i3 3217U Ivy Brigde chipset.

Hey, I'm new in the forum sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but,

Has anyone succeded on booting OS X El Capitan DP1 with an Intel HD Graphics 4000? I'm having this problem since Yosemite although everything works fine using Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but never seemed to work properly with Clover, the screen goes black when it boots. I've never used Clover before, but I suppose Intel HD Graphics 4000 should be natively supported by OS X, and i've never had a problem using it with Chameleon. I'm using a simple laptop with an i3 3217U Ivy Brigde chipset.

HD 4000 is totally compatible, use this settings in your config.plist:

qYc.png

Allan,

In the plist, is that for Chameleon or Clover?

Also will that enable QE/CI?

Is for Clover/config.plist

Yes, if this is the right value for you, QE/CI will be enable without problems.

HD 4000 is totally compatible, use this settings in your config.plist:

qYc.png

Thank you very much, it Works great now!

Hi! the opción FakeLPC don´t work in my board Z97-D3H (Serie9).

No has loaded AppleLPC.kext

Any help? Thk u.-