ErmaC

Clover General discussion

22,198 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be enough to explain the changes in the commit message? In that case you have the explanation and the code difference together on the screen. :)

(Yes, I know that this is done already, but I mean I don't see why a thread separate from the commit messages is needed)

post-823469-0-19981900-1427471768.jpg   :yes:  :lol:  :P

Advertisement

Wouldn't it be enough to explain the changes in the commit message? In that case you have the explanation and the code difference together on the screen. :)

(Yes, I know that this is done already, but I mean I don't see why a thread separate from the commit messages is needed)

Commit messages can't contain long explanations with screenshots.

If will be,

hi slice. can you take a look at my preboot logs to see if you have any ideas why my HP clover gui looks proper when booted from a clover iso booting of of grub. it even seems to have corrected the stage 2 icon boot on it's own and i see my correct resolution and something called pam that booting directly from efi does not capture. i normally need CSM enabled to get verbose output to look proper. you had commented on it the last time i brought up the subject 

preboot_EFI_Clover shows UEFI boot

preboot_grub_iso shows Legacy boot.

A question else?

Commit messages can't contain long explanations with screenshots.

If will be,

preboot_EFI_Clover shows UEFI boot

preboot_grub_iso shows Legacy boot.

A question else?

Surprised -  I would have thought he would have been aware of the reason the Changes thread is very useful and popular - strange!

thank you slice for looking at the log. that makes sense now. since grub is booted of a usb drive in mbr format. funny thing is the version of clover posted in log is the one installed in my pure GPT EFI partition Stating Clover rev 3197 not the clover version thats on the iso image that is rev 3193 from source forge site. does clover detect the newer revision of itself and use that as default first? 

Which Clover version would work best for OSX Leopard or Snow Leopard?  It would need to at least support 32 bit and Legacy Kernels if there is a versions to use?  Thanks

thank you slice for looking at the log. that makes sense now. since grub is booted of a usb drive in mbr format. funny thing is the version of clover posted in log is the one installed in my pure GPT EFI partition Stating Clover rev 3197 not the clover version thats on the iso image that is rev 3193 from source forge site. does clover detect the newer revision of itself and use that as default first? 

boot == CloverEFI that loaded at legacy boot will search CloverX64.efi everywhere and USB has priority.

Which Clover version would work best for OSX Leopard or Snow Leopard?  It would need to at least support 32 bit and Legacy Kernels if there is a versions to use?  Thanks

All versions.

Any idea about native nvram in legacy mode ?

It requires a development.

This is OEM dependent and can't be made easy.

UEFI driver is already OEM so why it's working.

Guys, i just got hit by a "boot0ss: error" and cant load Clover at all. Windows 10 updated to the latest build (10049), but it's installed on a different disk, what could be the reason for this? I had 10.10.2 and Win 10 together for quite a while...

PS, sorry, forum wouldnt let me open a dedicated thread...

PSS, i've got a Linux USB as the only solution to work this out...

@PlutoDelic,

The recent Windows 10 update overwrites the bootsector so Clover needs to be re-installed if used in legacy mode (use a FAT32 Clover USB boot disk to boot back into OSX and re-install Clover on your hard drive).

Also note

Edit1

You can reinstall Clover on your hard disk manually from Linux using dd - see Clover wiki.  Alternatively, try booting back into OSX using a Clover boot CD (burn iso file from sourceforge).

I did manage to get a USB from those ISO's, and am shocked to see UEFI detecting it, my Latitude E6410 is known to have a very messed up UEFI implementation and no one reported Clover loading through UEFI. I AM PUZZLED. I managed to get the kexts to the injection directory and also the DSDT, but the moment i copy my config.plist, it doesnt detect anything from the disks. I even managed to cross compare a decent config.plist, but boot hangs after loading EFI driver from OS X path (probably due to not being an UEFI install?)

also, the DD on linux, the 3rd command didnt work for me, showing me boot0 doesnt exist, that guide is incomplete i think.

PS, any chance i can fix now through Windows, since i can boot. Also, strangely, Win 10 Build 10049 does not open EFI partition, i could do it on any other build or windows, that's a streak of bad luck...

Edit2

If you can boot into Windows, you can use BDUtility.exe to create a Clover boot USB ---> boot back into OSX on hard drive ---> re-install Clover.

You had the "file not found" error using dd in linux because there is no boot0 per se - you can use boot0af, boot0ss or boot0md (from the /usr/standalone/i386 folder in the Clover.iso).

Indeed, Win 10 TP 9926 wouldnt update to 10041 due to the MSR issue, i even created them myself manually but apparently i did not install Windows in UEFI mode through Clover, somehow i thought that is done automatically. I even reported this in sourceforge.

I am on a tight situation, just 2 days ago i wiped my Clover USB, im stuck with a Live Ubuntu, is there any way i can twiddle with Clover from Linux?

Thanks a lot btw...

Just tried to build the latest version with Clover Grower Pro but getting an error, any thoughts folks?

*              Good Afternoon              *
*     Welcome To CloverGrowerPro v5.0      *
*           This script by JrCs            *
*        Original script by STLVNUB        *
* Clover Credits: Slice, dmazar and others *

running 'CloverGrowerPro.sh' on 'Yosemite'

Work Folder: /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro
Available  : 167101 MB

No Clover Update found. Current revision: 3199

No build already done. Forcing Clover build...

Ready to build Clover 3199, Using Gcc 4.9.2
*    Auto-Build Full Clover rEFIt_UEFI    *
*    Revisions:   edk2: 17120             *
*               Clover: 3199              *
*    Using Flags: gcc49 x64 release       *

Starting >>>>New<<<< Build  Process: 14:12:51
Building CloverX64, gcc49 release
Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk2 as a 256 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume

Using TOOLCHAIN_DIR='/Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain'
running ./ebuild.sh -gcc49 -release -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER --x64

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain
Initializing workspace
Loading previous configuration from $WORKSPACE/Conf/BuildEnv.sh
WORKSPACE: /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/BaseTools

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t GCC49 -n 9 

Build environment: Darwin-14.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Build start time: 14:12:52, Apr.03 2015

WORKSPACE        = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2
ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/BaseTools

Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = GCC49

Active Platform          = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ...

build.py...
/Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf(55): error 4000: Value of Guid [gLzmaCustomDecompressGuid] is not found under [Guids] section in
	/Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/MdePkg.dec
	/Users/Dan/Downloads/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/IntelFrameworkModulePkg/IntelFrameworkModulePkg.dec

- Failed -
Build end time: 14:12:56, Apr.03 2015
Build total time: 00:00:03

Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.
Dans-Mac-mini:Clover Dan$ 

I think after I updated Xcode CloverGrowerPro cannot complete the built process anymore.

Anyway to fix this? Before this issue happened, it just works. 

From what I searched, Slice suggested to use a particular version of gcc.

How do I update gcc? I am always thinking that gcc is distributed by Apple with Xcode

gcc -v

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1

Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.57) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.1.0

Thread model: posix

Created /Data/XCodes/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/FV/Efildr64
GenPage...
/Data/XCodes/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/FV/Efildr20Pure: ERROR 16386: Invalid parameter option
  Input file size (0x6cbdd) exceeds the Page Table Offset (0x68000)
Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Hello happy folks,

My NUC has been running just too good and I had to find something to nitpick on!

So here's the deal. Yosemite sees a base speed of 1.9GHz instead of 1.8 and DDR3 speeds of 2000 MHz instead of 1866.

This is not just cosmetic, as if I try to set my DDR3L Gskill Ripsaw to its nominal speed of 2133, it will crash after just a few moments.

So I presume that Clover in fact *is* loading OS X with a higher bus speed. How do I set it back to the speed it should be at?

By the way, P-States and C-States work just mega-fine.

I can post my info.plist if necessary,

Thanks!

Hi Slice ! 

I have this boot with my Z87X-UD5H   on Legacy boot Clover r3196 and up

Thats never happened before  :blush:

UEFI no problem at all  :)

I dont know if that comming from my board , maybe some trouble with my  testing = 1000 Force shut down  :lol:  :P

since two days  no boot legacy on my mobos  :(

I really dont know what is that ??

Strange because if I Boot on my Laptop HP Probook  Legacy Bios its boot perfecly very fast

Thanks for help.

img_0010.jpg

EDIT ****   FIX!

Causing by PCI USB 3.0 card

Now every thing is perfect  :D

Edit

You can reinstall Clover on your hard disk manually from Linux using dd - see Clover wiki.  Alternatively, try booting back into OSX using a Clover boot CD (burn iso file from sourceforge).

I did manage to get a USB from those ISO's, and am shocked to see UEFI detecting it, my Latitude E6410 is known to have a very messed up UEFI implementation and no one reported Clover loading through UEFI. I AM PUZZLED. I managed to get the kexts to the injection directory and also the DSDT, but the moment i copy my config.plist, it doesnt detect anything from the disks. I even managed to cross compare a decent config.plist, but boot hangs after loading EFI driver from OS X path (probably due to not being an UEFI install?)

also, the DD on linux, the 3rd command didnt work for me, showing me boot0 doesnt exist, that guide is incomplete i think.

PS, any chance i can fix now through Windows, since i can boot. Also, strangely, Win 10 Build 10049 does not open EFI partition, i could do it on any other build or windows, that's a streak of bad luck...

Funny thing is, I just had to boot back into Snow Leopard today for something and was unable to using Clover 3193. It gets to the gray screen with the Apple and spinning indicator and is does nothing. I decided to try my old Chamelon USB drive and it booted no problems.

Am I missing something? I have no issues booting into Yosemite.

Thanks.

Is there any chance to clarify the Manual Installation a bit further, even under the settings for Mac, a lot of things are not explained. I myself am very comfortable with CLI, but a lot of times one is asked to copy or cd to something that isnt mentioned where it is at all...?

Also, i have a Dell Latitude E6410 which is known to never have worked with UEFI + Clover. While doing a recovery mission from windows, flashing a Clover ISO image to the USB, resulted in being detected as a UEFI bootable USB, and it worked. I have tried literary everything to get a UEFI boot and never made it, why did that happen? Why is it possible to detect a MBR USB where clover was installed in the main partition, where as a GPT with its dedicated EFI partition wont be detected?  I know this is a question for the guys at DELL, but is there a chance to troubleshoot this?