InsanelyMac Forum
ErmaC

Clover General discussion

oh sorry, you said:

"i don't have graphics at all" and I thought this appen with Clover (no QE/CI

at all), .......perhaps I misunderstood.

only 2 thing, the string in the config.plist is property converted to BASE64, and maybe you have to remove your custom override file in S/L/D/O, using the Clover injection?

bye

Advertisement

Thz Michele ...now try to edited again ...you know key for my sandy bridge 2700k ?

For edited key cpu ?

something like this:

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>Turbo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ProcessorType</key>
<string>0x0601</string>
<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
<string>3500</string>
<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
<string>99800</string>
<key>QPI</key>
<string>5000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

http://ark.intel.com/products/61275/

2700k-idle.jpg

but this is really unnecessary, Clover already know everything for CPUs, risk if there is any value busted, so do not use it!!!!!!

Micky

Edit

do not know if only this can be inserted, to make appear in System Profiler:

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>QPI</key>
<string>5000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

better to ask ErmaC or Slice

He know how to manipulate EDID, but the problem is that needs to work in Clover, without customedid files in

S/L/D/O,

the goal is that, in this topic :wink2:

sorry, didn't follow his real intentions :(

Does this bootloader works (now) with an ASUS UEFI MB?

Yes. Works without issues at my ASUS P8P67-M board in legacy BIOS boot mode (BIOS -> boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> CloverX64.efi -> OSX) and in UEFI mode (UEFI -> CloverX64.efi -> OSX).

More info about UEFI boot here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2428

And some kind of a guide here: http://www.projectos...682

Yes. Works without issues at my ASUS P8P67-M board in legacy BIOS boot mode (BIOS -> boot0 -> boot1 -> boot -> CloverX64.efi -> OSX) and in UEFI mode (UEFI -> CloverX64.efi -> OSX).

More info about UEFI boot here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2428

And some kind of a guide here: http://www.projectos...682

Thanks! :)

Going to test it, seems to be difficult, but I would like to use the UEFI-mode on OS X.

hello

yes i have graphics and working ok, like in chameleon, but what i want is inject the edid by clover in config file, and not use the file in s/l/d/o

because in updates, if change anything is this folder, i must edit again the file with the custom edid.

anyway thanks for u contribution.

Clover is a child, but very good job in another boot loader.

must give time to slice to see all the little issues in the code.

good hack

Yes, I know,

it's nice to hope that system continues working after each update, this is even more cool, especially now that Apple do Updates "only copy the updated parts"!

this way is the best!!!

First try:

1. Created latest pkg with CloverGrower

2. Format USB-stick in OS X with Disk Utility > MBR > 1 partition > FAT32 > Named: DUET

3. Install pkg to USB-stick with the given options

4. Copied DSDT to the EFI/ACPI/patched folder

5. Boot USB in Bios-mode

The above steps are working, I can boot with Clover and run OS X without any problem.

UEFI-booting is not working:

1. Run the installer again, but now selected the Drivers64 as option

2. After installation, copied the files inside Drivers64 to Drivers64UEFI

3. Copied Files/HFSPlus/x64/HFSPlus.efi to usb Drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus-64.efi

Files inside Drivers64UEFI:

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPlus-64.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Tried to reboot with UEFI mode, see the Clover menu, select OS X Volume, but hang. (See image)

EDIT: Replaced HFSPlus-64.efi with VboxEFI from this post. It boots.. but hangs on the message Loading drivers ..........

EDIT2: Found this topic (http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2428) seems to be issues with my MB

Hope someone can help! Thanks a lot!

post-326232-0-47354000-1348481164_thumb.jpg

I use the volume GUID. So for example, here's mine:

You can get the GUID of each volume by checking your Clover bootlog.

Or easier still, run DarwinDumper and select the Disk Volume UUID & GUID option.

No use... Partitions still can't be hidden.

This is what I've done in the config.plist:

<key>Volumes</key>
<dict>
<key>HideAllLegacy</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HideVolumes</key>
<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>VolumeString</key>
<string>44171289-EC4C-4B98-8234-B0AD0364A317</string>
</dict>
<key>1</key>
<dict>
<key>VolumeString</key>
<string>D243A418-64CD-4E2D-89E3-410057EA815C</string>
</dict>
<key>2</key>
<dict>
<key>VolumeString</key>
<string>2476444A-F2CC-4877-814D-0624A4432237</string>
</dict>
<key>3</key>
<dict>
<key>VolumeString</key>
<string>BA1F5552-B72B-430F-A0D1-7C25FE07AAA1</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>

-Problem sloved by updateing clover-

UEFI-booting is not working:

You are fast. I think you should not have any problems with UEFI boot on your mobo.

Notes:

1. If UEFI booting ML with OsxAptioFixDrv driver, you MUST add slide=0 in config.plist in boot args

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>-v slide=0</string>

2. You can use the same stick for BIOS Clover boot and UEFI boot. The Clover setup difference between BIOS and UEFI boot for me is only in drivers. BIOS Clover boot will use drivers from /EFI/Drivers64/ and UEFI Clover boot will use /EFI/Drivers64UEFI/.

3. For BIOS Clover boot you probably do not need any drivers. So /EFI/Drivers64 can be empty. You can add FSInject-64.efi in there if there is a need to block kernelcache and load with kernel+kexts.

4. For UEFI Clover boot you need in /EFI/Drivers64UEFI:

- some HFS+ driver (HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi) - to allow Clover to read HFS+ volumes

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi - to add support for fat binary (multi-architecture binaries) .efi files (Apple's boot.efi is such file)

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi - to overcome some UEFI memory problems on our mobos

- optionally FSInject-64.efi

Do not forget slide=0. Good luck.

Edit:

5. If UEFI booting from FAT32 USB stick, you can boot directly to Clover by copying /EFI/Boot/CloverX64.efi into /EFI/Boot/BootX64.efi. BootX64.efi is default app that will be started when the stick is selected for UEFI boot.

Thanks for your post. I have done everything you listed above.

Unfortunately it is still hanging.

I can see Clover and can select the OS X partition at the menu. When hit Enter, it loads but displays (the same error):

Error loading kernel 'mach_kernel' (0x9)

Error: Aborted returned from boot.efi

Thanks, hope you can help.

I can see Clover and can select the OS X partition at the menu. When hit Enter, it loads but displays (the same error):

Error loading kernel 'mach_kernel' (0x9)

Error: Aborted returned from boot.efi

Are you booting Mountain Lion? Are you sure you have slide=0 added? Is there maybe additional config.plist somewhere on your stick or EFI partition with different settings?

You can check for this slide=0 by starting Clover and then pressing letter 'O' - slide=0 should appear in boot args.

Are you booting Mountain Lion? Are you sure you have slide=0 added? Is there maybe additional config.plist somewhere on your stick or EFI partition with different settings?

You can check for this slide=0 by starting Clover and then pressing letter 'O' - slide=0 should appear in boot args.

Going to try again, thanks.

UPDATE: Fixed by apianti. Removed OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi and added slide=0 fixes the problem.

Drivers64UEFI contents:

DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi (renamed HFSPlus x64)
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

config.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>ACPI</key>
   <dict>
       <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>GenerateCStates</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>GeneratePStates</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>EnableC6</key>
       <string>No</string>
       <key>EnableC4</key>
       <string>No</string>
       <key>EnableC2</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>EnableISS</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
   </dict>
   <key>Graphics</key>
   <dict>
       <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>LoadVBios</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
   </dict>
   <key>SystemParameters</key>
   <dict>
       <key>boot-args</key>
       <string>slide=0</string>
       <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
       <string>en:0</string>
       <key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
       <string>Macintosh HD</string>
       <key>CustomUUID</key>
       <string>***</string>
   </dict>
   <key>SMBIOS</key>
   <dict>
       <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
       <string>0xC0001403</string>
   </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks for the help.

Is there an option to change the smbios to MacPro5,1? I have searched on FirmwareFeatures and the given string 0xC001F537, but found nothing.

Thanks,

How can I make clover to boot windows?

Also, how can I make clover boot windows dvd?

It showed "cdboot cannot boot from cd - code 4" while I was trying to install from windows dvd.

How can I make clover to boot windows?

Legacy boot may work, may no. If NO then sorry.

UEFI boot works.

Also, how can I make clover boot windows dvd?

It showed "cdboot cannot boot from cd - code 4" while I was trying to install from windows dvd.

Clover has no UDF driver. Sorry, impossible.

Copy the DVD on USB stick and use it.

Legacy boot may work, may no. If NO then sorry.

UEFI boot works.

Clover has no UDF driver. Sorry, impossible.

Copy the DVD on USB stick and use it.

Get it, thanks for reply! :)

hi dmazar.

It seems to be a little rude to talk to you this way.

But I dont know if you have seen the feedback I already told you.

The restart function works fine. But the countdown is not working using your method of adding

panic_restart_timeout=10

Thank you, Fabio! I will apply your additions.

But about code formatting see, please, rules by Tiano: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=Code_Style/C

CamelCase used for variables, functions and file names
UPPERCASE used for types and macros
Use UEFI types rather than C types
int=>INTN; unsigned int=>UINTN; void=>VOID; etc...
Limit line length to 80 characters
2 spaces of indentation
Never use tab characters.
Set editor to insert spaces rather than a tab character.
if, for, while, etc. always use { }, even when there is only one statement
The opening brace ({) should always appear at the end of the line previous line.
The opening brace ({) for a function should always appear separately on the a new line.

Is there a trick to getting Clover to use the config.plist? I can boot with Clover just fine but, I keep having to change the Graphics Injection to off, and I would like to use a 12,2 definition instead of the 12,1 that it's detecting.

config.plist.zip