ErmaC

Clover General discussion

18,955 posts in this topic

I've tried everything, but my 10.10 install refuses to boot. I have a quite straightforward config.plist and it always stops on this part. I can't read anything out of it.

Why NATJ smcK failed? You have wrong FakeSMC version

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 17.46.08.png

Advertisement

If u wanna fast clover then forget about legacy becouse u have UEFI capable board!

It is because Slice has 5 sec to gui you and others have a uefi board and that is why no one see no problem in clover boot times in lagacy where are more users and some of them still they turn back to chameleon.

Anyone? Bluetooth keyboard at GUI?

I don't know if I'm ready to jump to UEFI... I don't wanna ruin my board and be left without a bootable OS lol

No, BT keyboards wont work.

Not strictly true, mine works about 8 out of 10 times as does the Apple Trackpad (No idea why it doesn't work all the time though)...

Not strictly true, mine works about 8 out of 10 times as does the Apple Trackpad (No idea why it doesn't work all the time though)...

Weird...

Anyone? Bluetooth keyboard at GUI?I don't know if I'm ready to jump to UEFI... I don't wanna ruin my board and be left without a bootable OS lol

Just like going from chameleon to clover....once you go from legacy to uefi, you won't go back!

Alright!  I got my board successfully updated to the new UEFI bios, and I'm up and running with UEFI Clover!  Boot times increased dramatically.  Good deal!

So now I'm having a couple new issues: 

a.   I can't sign into iMessage.

b.  The Startup Disk prefpane reboot isn't working again.  

Any suggestions guys?  I use iMessage a lot on my desktop while I'm working, really don't wanna have to go without it… 

***EDIT:  I fixed iMessage with EmuVariableUefi-64 under Drivers64UEFI.  Now on to the Startup Disk prefpane.  :) ***

It is because Slice has 5 sec to gui you and others have a uefi board and that is why no one see no problem in clover boot times in lagacy where are more users and some of them still they turn back to chameleon.

in legacy mode, clover is faster than cham, trust :wink_anim: :wink_anim:

Clover is absolutely not faster than Chameleon in legacy mode, that's a joke lol

But in UEFI it is definitely faster. I'm enjoying it, glad I decided to upgrade my BIOS and glad I stuck with Clover and figured it all out.

No comment  magnifico but maybe you will have to read what others user say about that and then say the word "trust me" easy.

But Chameleon load kexts during four minutes!

Hey Slice. How can I go about fixing the Startup Menu prefpane? It doesn't work anymore after upgrading to UEFI bios and UEFI boot.

Guys, quick question: how do I make the sound (I've got a Realtek ALC892 chipset) work in Yosemite, using Clover as bootloader? Cause, I tried using M u l t i B e a s t  to install it (damn, I can't even say the name of the software here. Jeez! I'm not asking for support for it, but I need to make a reference to it so that people would understand what I mean!).  And it didn't work. Apparently it requires Chameleon to be installed. And I don't wanna do that cause Chameleon is still very much work in progress when it comes to Yosemite and I couldn't make it load it in my previous tries. Anyway...so, does anyone have any idea how to do that? Also, anyone else has a RTL8111 chipset for Ethernet? Did you get it working with Yosemite? Cause I didn't... I tried the same kext (the universal RTL81xx. kext made by Lnx2Mac, which works perfectly with Mavericks) and it doesn't work with Yosemite (I've got a PPPOE internet connection and it wouldn't let me configure it.)

Guys, quick question: how do I make the sound (I've got a Realtek ALC892 chipset) work in Yosemite, using Clover as bootloader? Cause, I tried using M u l t i B e a s t (damn, I can't even say the name of the software here. Jeez! I'm not asking for support for it, but I need to make a reference to it so that people would understand what I mean!) to install it. And it didn't work. Apparently it requires Chameleon to be installed. And I don't wanna do that cause Chameleon is still very much work in progress when it comes to Yosemite and I couldn't make it load it in my previous tries. Anyway...so, does anyone have any idea how to do that? Also, anyone else has a RTL8111 chipset for Ethernet? Did you get it working with Yosemite? Cause I didn't... I tried the same kext (the universal RTL81xx. kext made by Lnx2Mac, which works perfectly with Mavericks) and it doesn't work with Yosemite (I've got a PPPOE internet connection and it wouldn't let me configure it.)

Hey,

Sound Realtek ALC892 is very good known for us. Two way to make it working

1. Search for patched AppleHDA for your system version.

2. Install VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler. See my signature

No matter what bootloader did you use.

LAN Realtek RTL8111. Lnx2Mac driver is wrong as well as official driver from Realtek site. My Realtek LAN driver works for my 8111F card.

See my signature.

Can anyone provide me with a working config.plist that does not require DSDT or SSDT. I'm fed up with this and I'm thinking it's 10.10's fault. How can it be possible that it just won't start anymore. My complex config.plist with (an old) DSDT and SSDT boots, pulling those entries out it crashes on AppleTyMCE (MacPro5,1 SMBIOS), which is patched by Clover on the fly. Nothing is working anymore :(.

Hey Slice. How can I go about fixing the Startup Menu prefpane? It doesn't work anymore after upgrading to UEFI bios and UEFI boot.

More info? boot-log, darwin dump...

But Chameleon load kexts during four minutes!

Fixed by disabling usb support and activating only sata patch in clovergrower.Still not so fast as chameleon but i dont care because is good enough and i'm not using chameleon for two years now.

Hey,

Sound Realtek ALC892 is very good known for us. Two way to make it working

1. Search for patched AppleHDA for your system version.

2. Install VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler. See my signature

No matter what bootloader did you use.

LAN Realtek RTL8111. Lnx2Mac driver is wrong as well as official driver from Realtek site. My Realtek LAN driver works for my 8111F card.

See my signature.

Thanks a lot, Slice! I'll try that when I get home (I'm at work right now :D). I've also got the 8111F card. :D So I'm really looking forward to trying your driver. Yay!

About AppleHDA, since Yosemite is not out yet, I suppose I won't find much support for it to solve my problem. But I'll try the VoodooHDA + AppleHDADiabler method that you proposed and come back with feedback.

Thanks a LOT, man. You're awesome! :)

Can anyone provide me with a working config.plist that does not require DSDT or SSDT. I'm fed up with this and I'm thinking it's 10.10's fault. How can it be possible that it just won't start anymore. My complex config.plist with (an old) DSDT and SSDT boots, pulling those entries out it crashes on AppleTyMCE (MacPro5,1 SMBIOS), which is patched by Clover on the fly. Nothing is working anymore :(.

May be patching by Clover is broken in new OSX? Can you provide debug.log to see if the patching is successful?

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/>

/EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log

And upload me the kext from 10.10. I have no it.

May be patching by Clover is broken in new OSX? Can you provide debug.log to see if the patching is successful?

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/>

/EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log

And upload me the kext from 10.10. I have no it.

I'll upload it when I'm home, together with my current config.plist.

Weird thing is that I already had a "working" 10.10. This was when I upgraded from 10.9.3 to 10.10. FakeSMC (even an older version) was already located in S/L/E. Kext patching worked, because with MacPro5,1 SMBIOS 10.10 did boot. Just after wanting to go more vanilla, and update my DSDT (PJALM introduced a new DSDT all-in-one patch), I had to take my config.plist apart (removing DSDT and SSDT entries in order to update it with new ones). 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now