ErmaC

Clover General discussion

19,033 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm working on a project right now but as soon as it's uploaded I'll boot back into Yosemite and get that file for you.

Advertisement

A little question.

How can I force Clover to choose the right volume to load nvram.plist ?

Booting on Yosemite I see that it fetches the Mavericks' plist.

@Slice

While I had a look at Settings.c I noticed a lot of similar and thus IMHO error-prone checks. So I took the opportunity and created two helper functions to check a property for true or false to follow the principle of DRY.

So basically this patch[1] is only cosmetic, but should reduce lines of code and also inadvertent errors. There were actually incomplete checks e.g. in line 1496-1497.

Maybe you find it useful.

[1] https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ea2ee7c5135200d7164a

try install Clover to EFI Partition (to the first HD only), and delete EFI files from the  any other HD

@Slice

While I had a look at Settings.c I noticed a lot of similar and thus IMHO error-prone checks. So I took the opportunity and created two helper functions to check a property for true or false to follow the principle of

href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don" t_repeat_yourself"="">[1]  https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ea2ee7c5135200d7164a

Big thanks! I will implement this patch.

I still didn't make such optimization just because I have many other work.

Regards!

I am trying to install Yosemite on an older build that currently has Mavericks installed.  I have a  GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R, I7-920 and a GTX 260.

For some reason I cannot get Clover to load via USB to start the installer without getting some kind of error.  Is there special settings I need to set clover up with via customization.  Do I need to add my DSDT anywhere in clover.  Thanks for any advice. 

I am trying to install Yosemite on an older build that currently has Mavericks installed.  I have a  GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R, I7-920 and a GTX 260.

For some reason I cannot get Clover to load via USB to start the installer without getting some kind of error.  Is there special settings I need to set clover up with via customization.  Do I need to add my DSDT anywhere in clover.  Thanks for any advice. 

During installation of Clover to the USB do a 'custom' install and select one the BIOS methods in lieu of the 'standard' UEFI method. Also select one of the Themes during the custom install so it will look 'prettier'.

Given your video card you will need to make a change to the 'config.plist' file in the CLOVER folder. In the Boot section under Graphics it is set to inject Intel video, change that to 'false' and change Invidia to 'true'

Well, haven't been able to boot into Yosemite with Clover at all now... This is the reason why I can't wait for Chameleon to be ready! If I can get it to boot I'll upload that info... Wish me luck lol :)

Well, haven't been able to boot into Yosemite with Clover at all now... This is the reason why I can't wait for Chameleon to be ready! If I can get it to boot I'll upload that info... Wish me luck lol :)

Good luck!

If I knew more about Clover I wouldn't mind booting my Mavs install with it... I just get the same issue where it reboots right when it should be loading the desktop. Any ideas slice?

@ Slice

sorry if this has already been asked

does the last Clover release support the new Clover Configurator v4 format (.cconf)?

regards

No, use export from file menubar

@ Slice

sorry if this has already been asked

does the last Clover release support the new Clover Configurator v4 format (.cconf)?

regards

Clover Configurator is created without me.

Is it appropriate to ask for feature requests in this thread? I know Yosemite is top priority right now, but since we can boot with a custom vbios in osx without actually flashing it to the card, I think it would be really cool to have the ability to do this in Windows or Linux. For example, I flashed the bios on my gigabyte 6850 with a sapphire one that had been modified for vesa resolution and fan curves. The benefit of this was that I had proper boot resolution in all operating systems, a custom fan curve, and the ability to overclock it a little bit more. Also, I recall some people flashing their 6950 bios with a 6970 bios to get the extra shaders.

Do you guys agree that something like that could be useful?

I also had a question, as many of you know the uefi version of clover doesn't boot legacy OS's properly on some computers. Is it possible to have clover chainload a legacy version of clover that is installed on each of my Windows and Linux drives?

So was that the problem? The EDID thingy

No. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what it was that fixed it. All I know is I can successfully boot both 10.9.3 and 10.10 DP1 with Clover now. I'll post a rundown of what I did different here in a few minutes, on the move right now.

Well, I started from scratch and reinstalled Clover and Yosemite all over again. I didn't do anything all that different from last time, just went in and played with the configuration.plist a bit, changed a few options that seemed relevant, and for whatever reason, I can now boot 10.9.3 and 10.10 successfully every time with Clover. Feeling quite proud of myself lol

So the only couple of things I did differently this time was a) I checked the config.plist for clover and changed the value for inject kexts from "detect" to "yes", B) used Clover Configurator to install the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS that I always use, and c) I never ran single user mode to repair permissions and whatnot. I think with the newest Clover the kext injection is working properly, so I just dropped my needed kexts into the 10.10 folder in Clover.

That's basically all I did differently, and now I can dual boot Yosemite and Mavericks with Clover.

Check the clover config.plist, make sure you turn kext inject from "detect" to "yes" and install an SMBIOS with Clover Configurator.

Check the clover config.plist, make sure you turn kext inject from "detect" to "yes" and install an SMBIOS with Clover Configurator.

Done that in Mavericks with Clover Configurator, I also added npci=0x2000 to boot arguments, and added my display's EDID to the Custom EDID field.

When I rebooted into Yosemite, nothing changed, I got a black screen. Now I managed to get into Yosemite and I installed Clover Configurator here too, but when I open it, this is what I see:

24ez829.png

I'm positive about QE/CI working, I don't know what's the problem (graphic glitches due to new buggy drivers?). I'll try to reboot another couple of times and see how it goes.

I updated clover 2-3 days ago. Now when I boot I get errors.I rolled back to version 2689 to fix the issue.

I had to use my backup usb bootloader and set ssdt=null and disable dropoem in order to boot to fix.

Any ideas why this happened?

post-1106388-0-55613400-1402452062_thumb.jpg

post-1106388-0-25305800-1402452096_thumb.jpg

I also had a question, as many of you know the uefi version of clover doesn't boot legacy OS's properly on some computers. Is it possible to have clover chainload a legacy version of clover that is installed on each of my Windows and Linux drives?

It is not fully correct.

Clover can do "LegacyBoot" to legacy system or to legacy alien bootloader aka chainload.

There are two methods to do this.

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>

For legacy Clover the best will be "PBR" method. Other method is "PBRtest" for debugging purpose.

For UEFI Clover the best will be "LegacyBiosDefault". It requires CSM will be enabled.

It's a pity some hardware can't be properly turn back to legacy mode after switching to EFI-mode. One-way ticket. What to do in this case?

1. Forget legacy systems. There is 2014 now.

2. Keep legacy system on separate drive to choose it bootable from BIOS.

3. Remember Clover's boot sector boot1f32alt that is able to load boot file as well as boot1, boot3, boot6, boot7 if press a key before boot.

For example it will be boot1=Chameleon, boot2=grub, boot3=ntldr

I updated clover 2-3 days ago. Now when I boot I get errors.I rolled back to version 2689 to fix the issue.

I had to use my backup usb bootloader and set ssdt=null and disable dropoem in order to boot to fix.

Any ideas why this happened?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Change FakeSMC to other version.