ErmaC

Clover General discussion

22,214 posts in this topic

Alright, thanks to some help I was able to get everything sorted out and I'm now booting Mavs and Yosemite with Clover from SSD.  If you have the same issue I had feel free to DM me I'll tell you how to fix it.  Now I have another issue:

I'm using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to enable USB 3.0.  I used it with Mavs as well and it's always worked nicely.  Problem is, with Clover, my USB 3.0 ports break when I wake up from sleep.  It's happening in both Mavericks and Yosemite, and everything works fine until sleep.  Is there some type of Clover setting that I should be checking in my config?  Thanks again in advance.  

Play with these in you config.plist  You can get a lot of help on config here..

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<false/>
			<key>HighCurrent</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Advertisement

Alright, started by turning them all to false. I don't have the HighCurrent one by default so I left it off. Don't think I have problems charging iPads anyways. Didn't work, I'll just have to turn them on and off and see if it does anything. Are any of these keys known to cause issues specifically with 3.0? Because all my other ports work fine after sleep.

Alright, started by turning them all to false. I don't have the HighCurrent one by default so I left it off. Don't think I have problems charging iPads anyways. Didn't work, I'll just have to turn them on and off and see if it does anything. Are any of these keys known to cause issues specifically with 3.0? Because all my other ports work fine after sleep.

The problem with USB 3.0 is not a Clover problem. See here and the whole thread. May be you found those solution is better.

The problem with USB 3.0 is not a Clover problem. See here and the whole thread. May be you found those solution is better.

Checking it out now, thanks Slice. 

Okay as far as I can tell, I need to install V12?

...and do I need to uninstall GenericUSBXHCI? 

Checking it out now, thanks Slice. 

Okay as far as I can tell, I need to install V12?

...and do I need to uninstall GenericUSBXHCI? 

Yes, don't mix. Either Generic or Apple but not both.

Ok... I removed genericUSB and installed that IOUSBFamily.kext. Now it reboots during verbose right when it gets ready to load USB kexts. Probably user error again lol lemme see what I did wrong

I'm thinking the prelinked kernelcache still has the GenericUSBXHCI in it... Report back in a few

Well, I'm pretty sure I have both kexts in my kextcache somehow, and I cannot boot at all because I can't boot without caches. Do you know of a way I can boot without caches, or rebuild the cache for Yosemite from my Mavericks install?

Well, I'm pretty sure I have both kexts in my kextcache somehow, and I cannot boot at all because I can't boot without caches. Do you know of a way I can boot without caches, or rebuild the cache for Yosemite from my Mavericks install?

Drag /System/Library/Caches/startup/* to trash.

Hey, Slice!

Remember those lousy Geekbench scores I was getting with Yosemite? Well, I sort it out, following a tip from Pike: it was the BIOS! Just loaded default values, changed back a thing or two, so OS X boots, and got back my precious 11K+ points. Those strange intermediate p-states are still there, though, and HWMonitor reports temps hotter that I'd like, but the overall performance of the system reached another league, and now I agree with folks who say Yosemite is even snappier than Mavericks. Using Clover rev. 2964, by the way.

All the best!

Ya I removed the Startup folder and am now left with this, as I expected...

post-788132-14025487526466_thumb.jpg

Is there any way to fix this without being able to boot the Yosemite partition?

EDIT: Fixed it by dragging and dropping "kernelcache" from my Yosemite installer should be using all the same kexts so I just need to get in and rebuild it :)

The problem with USB 3.0 is not a Clover problem. See here and the whole thread. May be you found those solution is better.

Ok bro, I got rid of all traces of GenericUSBXHCI and now have the AppleUSBXHCI loaded and running my 3.0 ports. And USB 3.0 is still broken up wake up from sleep, and I can't duplicate the problem with Chameleon. You sure there's nothing else I should be checking as far as the config.plist goes? Or somewhere else?

Ya I removed the Startup folder and am now left with this, as I expected...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402548749.801114.jpg

Is there any way to fix this without being able to boot the Yosemite partition?

EDIT: Fixed it by dragging and dropping "kernelcache" from my Yosemite installer should be using all the same kexts so I just need to get in and rebuild it :)

Ok bro, I got rid of all traces of GenericUSBXHCI and now have the AppleUSBXHCI loaded and running my 3.0 ports. And USB 3.0 is still broken up wake up from sleep, and I can't duplicate the problem with Chameleon. You sure there's nothing else I should be checking as far as the config.plist goes? Or somewhere else?

AppleUSBXHCI has ACPI dependency that requires DSDT patch and/or adding SSDT but I don't remember details. Read the thread about this.

But why is this only an issue when I boot with Clover...? My USB3 works fine after sleep when booting with Chameleon. I don't feel like I should be messing with drivers that already work. I just need to know where to look in Clover.

But why is this only an issue when I boot with Clover...? My USB3 works fine after sleep when booting with Chameleon. I don't feel like I should be messing with drivers that already work. I just need to know where to look in Clover.

Did you speak about the same system? Yosemite?

You may compare ioregs with Clover and with Chameleon. USB3 settings here.

There may be different tuning, different settings but until I see digits I can say nothing.

I've been using GenericUSBXHCI for as long as I've had this rig on Mavericks, and never once had this issue with Chameleon. Now that I am booting the same Mavericks install (and Yosemite now) with Clover, my USB3.0 only works until I wake from sleep. What "digits" can I provide you in order for you to believe me? Lol

Is this possibly something to do with the issue?  This message/error is not present at boot with Chameleon: 

6/12/14 12:08:46.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF:    0.547    GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice  Bus 14 already taken
6/12/14 12:08:46.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF:    0.550    GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice  Bus 14 already taken

if chameleon works good to you, why you want change it ? to use Clover you need make some tests with the configuration in config.plist, and the part more important is know that you make, for this Clover Wiki, there  with a bit of  reading you can understand like work clover and your configuration

Because I started messing with Clover in order to install Yosemite and I started liking it more and more. I'm a 'tinkerer' I suppose. Anyway, it shouldn't matter, I was just asking a question regarding USB 3.0 and Clover. There's clearly something I'm missing, and I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction. I've been through the wiki and didn't see anything that stood out as important re: USB 3.0. I'll just have to keep looking if no one else has ever had this issue.

I've been using GenericUSBXHCI for as long as I've had this rig on Mavericks, and never once had this issue with Chameleon. Now that I am booting the same Mavericks install (and Yosemite now) with Clover, my USB3.0 only works until I wake from sleep. What "digits" can I provide you in order for you to believe me? Lol

Is this possibly something to do with the issue?  This message/error is not present at boot with Chameleon: 

6/12/14 12:08:46.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF:    0.547    GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice  Bus 14 already taken
6/12/14 12:08:46.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF:    0.550    GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice  Bus 14 already taken

This is probably a DSDT issue.

Use the same DSDT that you use in Chameleon, and disable Clover's DSDT fixes. I believe that then USB3 state after sleep should behave the same.

Hi Slice and all!

Slice, first of all, I want to congratulate you and all the team for the great bootloader which is Clover. Great work. 

Slice after the upgrades made ​​to Yosemite, here on my system, I ended up with no speed step, I had no problems before, and without the use of an edited DSDT, just using the resources of Clover itself. Have you heard anything about this? Clover would be some change that may be incompatible with my system? 
thank you in advance.

Hello everybody.

I installed Clover 2k v2703 onto my 2GB USB stick. When trying to boot it I get "b1t:init", after a few seconds it changes to "b1t:init6" and then my computer reboots. At install I selected "No update for PBR and MBR", "CloverEFI 64Bit SATA", "AppleStyle" as a theme, no drivers and no RC Scripts. The config.plist is attached, I do not use a DSDT.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

config.plist.zip

This is probably a DSDT issue.

Use the same DSDT that you use in Chameleon, and disable Clover's DSDT fixes. I believe that then USB3 state after sleep should behave the same.

Ok, should I just remove the whole DSDT section?

I want to give my hack another try and I think the issues I'm facing are to do with the settings I chose in clover. Can anyone with a working Yosemite hack let me know what settings they used in clover for the Z77-DS3H? I really appreciate it if someone can help me out with the same motherboard. This is the settings I use. I'm pretty sure I am selecting things that I don't need or things that should be something else. This motherboard was recommended to me due to it being "compatible" with OS X. I have not one issue with Mavericks. I can boot Yosemite and get many things working, The only issue I have is the share menu and the today screen missing the widgets and the share feature doesn't work.

28ukxmo.png

Hello everybody.

I installed Clover 2k v2703 onto my 2GB USB stick. When trying to boot it I get "b1t:init", after a few seconds it changes to "b1t:init6" and then my computer reboots. At install I selected "No update for PBR and MBR", "CloverEFI 64Bit SATA", "AppleStyle" as a theme, no drivers and no RC Scripts. The config.plist is attached, I do not use a DSDT.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

I may propose that as you set "No update for PBR and MBR" then this sectors already exists.

Remember that b1h from Chameleon is not working with Clover while Clover's one works for both.