ErmaC

Clover General discussion

24,223 posts in this topic

Test, please, with my version of 2685.

I see something wrong in both logs

2:406  0:003  Reading completed -> Success
ÎXÙ¿+*®XY¸[sV]nxÍ·C≥;z¢xs|.	y÷â6yq#ÿ3…Í_Æ».JéåXã(ˆ	8ÊËŸP€:±T¸\V‹©\ÏT¶›_
áÚ£»É“¯’Z%£múœìK†ºåmiuhmÆ€º`æ1,ˇØÜ s0|¢í∑“)nn0’‹‚+<ÚB/Ìã\
ÂÊXfõænQY…D®fÆÏÍ“0Ωˆ+æ≠Í‘zA•Ã¬Òzå»áæ˜˘2:415  0:002   sleepimage offset could not be acquired
2:417  0:002   hibernated: no - sign

3:645  0:002   no valid sleep image offset was found
3:647  0:002  Reading completed -> Success
3:657  0:002   sleepimage offset could not be acquired
3:659  0:002   hibernated: no - sign

I have seen that for a long time, but sleep and wake works  fine for me.

I see this always in the boot log, but many people have complained about sleep and wake for years, here its great and works 100% so I have ignored the errors.

Boot log shows this consistently.

3:558  0:002  Check sleep image 'by signature':

3:564  0:006  read prefs \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration\com.apple.PowerManagement.plist status=Success

3:566  0:002  SleepImage name from pref: ImageVolume = 'Mavericks', ImageName = '\private\var\vm\sleepimage'

3:571  0:004  Reading first 512 bytes of sleepimage ...

3:573  0:002   OurBlockIoRead: Lba=83E40A8, Offset=107C815000 (BlockSize=512)

3:577  0:003   sig lion: 0

3:579  0:002   sig snow: 0

3:581  0:002   no valid sleep image offset was found

3:583  0:002  Reading completed -> Success

3:584  0:001   OurBlockIoRead: Lba=2DAD4, Offset=5B5A800 (BlockSize=512)

3:585  0:001   sig lion: 6F696C20

3:587  0:002   sig snow: 303A3020

3:590  0:002   no valid sleep image offset was found

3:592  0:002   sleepimage offset could not be acquired

3:594  0:002   hibernated: no - sign

EDIT 1st June. 

This issue was solved by Pene at Project OS.

Clover version 2689 contains a fix for EMUVariables and a fix to prevent the text corruption. Please ensure you install the full version  rather than substitute CloverX64.efi

My thanks to Slice/Pene/Rehabman for their time, effort and patience.

Advertisement

I reported some issues I was having with audio glitches and stuff a while back. I'm happy to report that I've finally found a fix (operator error of course). I had set the busspeedkhz to 99790 as stated in the wiki. I deleted that and just let it user the default 100 MHz and that solved all my problems. Hopefully that helps anyone having a similar problem.

Test, please, this version

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17286472/Duet/boot6-deb3.zip

What do you see on the screen before reboot?

Sry for delay.

All versions just make this.

Same to me.

Hi,

I'm not in a hackintosh anymore (I was a hackintosh user a few years ago), I'm using an imac (Ati Radeon HD4850) and I wonder if someone around the community knows if there's a way of faking the system in believing it's a HD 4870 and make it use it's 10-bit framebuffer.

I've been able to fake the graphic card ID of my HD 4850 (944A) to use 9440 (which is the HD ATI 4870, one of the few 10-bit supported cards under mac os x) using Clover bootloader on a usb and booting the iMac from it, and tried to force "MotMot" framebuffer (which apparently it's the framebuffer the 4870 use). But it doesn't work. It always load "Quail" framebuffer, which is tied to the 4850 on an imac, verified with "grep | ATY".

I've tried inject in the config.plist and also using a custom DSDT. In system profiler the ID has changed to 9440, but using gpusniffer, it reveals that it's using the 4850 opengl engine, so I suspect that this is only a "cosmetic" change, and not a real one. Or I'm failing somewhere in doing it right  :)

BTW:

- 9440 and 944A are both in the AMD4800Controller.kext, but they are supposed to use different framebuffers. The 9440 "MotMot" and the 944A "Quail".

- Tried on Snow Leopard and Mavericks.

Hi,

I'm not in a hackintosh anymore (I was a hackintosh user a few years ago), I'm using an imac (Ati Radeon HD4850) and I wonder if someone around the community knows if there's a way of faking the system in believing it's a HD 4870 and make it use it's 10-bit framebuffer.

I've been able to fake the graphic card ID of my HD 4850 (944A) to use 9440 (which is the HD ATI 4870, one of the few 10-bit supported cards under mac os x) using Clover bootloader on a usb and booting the iMac from it, and tried to force "MotMot" framebuffer (which apparently it's the framebuffer the 4870 use). But it doesn't work. It always load "Quail" framebuffer, which is tied to the 4850 on an imac, verified with "grep | ATY".

I've tried inject in the config.plist and also using a custom DSDT. In system profiler the ID has changed to 9440, but using gpusniffer, it reveals that it's using the 4850 opengl engine, so I suspect that this is only a "cosmetic" change, and not a real one. Or I'm failing somewhere in doing it right  :)

BTW:

- 9440 and 944A are both in the AMD4800Controller.kext, but they are supposed to use different framebuffers. The 9440 "MotMot" and the 944A "Quail".

- Tried on Snow Leopard and Mavericks.

It will be fine if you illustrate your words with DarwinDumper report in the wrong situation.

I have many PC's some legacy some newer with sandy bridge and ivy bridge, no haswell boards as of yet.   I have all DSDT already patched back in the days when MaLd0n was pumping out DSDT's left and right.  Can I use this DSDT if I switch to clover or will I need to do a fresh vanilla DSDT extract and patch accordingly for clover?

Thanks

I have many PC's some legacy some newer with sandy bridge and ivy bridge, no haswell boards as of yet.   I have all DSDT already patched back in the days when Mal0n was pumping out DSDT's left and right.  Can I use this DSDT if I switch to clover or will I need to do a fresh vanilla DSDT extract and patch accordingly for clover?

Thanks

Yes, you may use your own DSDT. Just set DSDT->Name=DSDT.aml and set 

<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>

It will be fine if you illustrate your words with DarwinDumper report in the wrong situation.

Slice,

What sections of the DarwinDumper you'll like to see (so I check them and attach the report)? Only "Devices Properties" or all dumps?

BTW, I attach my config.list, my custom DSDT.aml and the clover debug.log.

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

debug.log.zip

Hello,

i installed Clover rev 2689 under ML 10.8.5 and now my Nvidia card is no more shown in the System-Profiler under PCI-Cards. (GT 610) (Two entries in the past NVDA, Display-Controller…) Is this a normal behavior? Thanks.

Hello,

i installed Clover rev 2689 under ML 10.8.5 and now my Nvidia card is no more shown in the System-Profiler under PCI-Cards. (GT 610) (Two entries in the past NVDA, Display-Controller…) Is this a normal behavior? Thanks.

+1

Only ethernet and wifi being shown, gpu is gone.

Slice,

What sections of the DarwinDumper you'll like to see (so I check them and attach the report)? Only "Devices Properties" or all dumps?

BTW, I attach my config.list, my custom DSDT.aml and the clover debug.log.

Hi,

I am not sure in what section I will search the problem. For example in the DeviceProperties.

You can make all dumps private if you afraid to show your serials and uuid.

I think the main question about ATI injection fails already shown in the debug.log.

You want to make substitution 944a -> 9440? I see no such attempts. In your config Devices->FakeID->ATI=0

LoadVBios also failed but for another reason

108:681  0:059  ATI: get_vram_size returned 0x20000000
108:725  0:043  Loaded ROM len=131072
108:756  0:030  invalid ROM vendor=1002 deviceID=37952
108:785  0:029  validate_rom fails
108:815  0:029  reading VBIOS from legacy spaceinvalid ROM signature FFFF
108:891  0:075  There is no ROM @0xC0000

This is legacy region and this patch is intended for IMB PC compatible computer, not for Apple's one.

I also see no attempts to change default framebuffer

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FBName</key>
		<string></string>

+1

Only ethernet and wifi being shown, gpu is gone.

See AAPL,slot-name in the Clover Instructions thread.

Hi,

I am not sure in what section I will search the problem. For example in the DeviceProperties.

You can make all dumps private if you afraid to show your serials and uuid.

I think the main question about ATI injection fails already shown in the debug.log.

You want to make substitution 944a -> 9440? I see no such attempts. In your config Devices->FakeID->ATI=0

LoadVBios also failed but for another reason

108:681  0:059  ATI: get_vram_size returned 0x20000000
108:725  0:043  Loaded ROM len=131072
108:756  0:030  invalid ROM vendor=1002 deviceID=37952
108:785  0:029  validate_rom fails
108:815  0:029  reading VBIOS from legacy spaceinvalid ROM signature FFFF
108:891  0:075  There is no ROM @0xC0000

This is legacy region and this patch is intended for IMB PC compatible computer, not for Apple's one.

I also see no attempts to change default framebuffer

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FBName</key>
		<string></string>

See AAPL,slot-name in the Clover Instructions thread.

Here's the full (private dump) darwindump attached.

I've also modified config.list to inject ATI fake ID (9440) and the MotMot framebuffer. I was using dsdt.aml to inject it, that's why I didn't use anymore the clover options.

Thanks!

DarwinDumper_2.8.8_Apple_X64_SL.zip

debug.log.zip

config.plist.zip

Here's the full (private dump) darwindump attached.

I've also modified config.list to inject ATI fake ID (9440) and the MotMot framebuffer. I was using dsdt.aml to inject it, that's why I didn't use anymore the clover options.

Thanks!

OK. I see some interesting problem with you. 

Apple firmware produces own DeviceProperties that override one produced by Clover. That's why you see ATY,Quail instead of MotMot.

I will think if there is any possibility to make Clover priority.

If any of you have had problems using Clover boot loader to load the  ESP with a working Clover copy --- the latest v2689 now does that !!!!

When I ran 2689 on a GUID formatted disk for MacOSX, I used the Custom button to install it into the ESP, which for me had never worked before. I am happy to report it almost worked perfectly for me. It loaded 2 files -boot and EFI into the EFI partiton of the disk drive and loaded 3 others usr, Library and EFI-backups onto the root of the HFS partition. The loader mounted the EFI partition and I moved the 3 files into the EFI partition.

That was a MAJOR victory in my quest to use Clover as my boot loader of choice.

OK. I see some interesting problem with you. 

Apple firmware produces own DeviceProperties that override one produced by Clover. That's why you see ATY,Quail instead of MotMot.

I will think if there is any possibility to make Clover priority.

Thanks! Hope this work (but I really don't know for sure if this will enable 10-bit output). The card is capable of, because under bootcamp, when fooled as a firegl card, I get a 10-bit output.

I suppose it's not very common to try an alternative bootloader under a real mac :)

I tried to install clover but the result is kernel panic.

I've used a custom DSDT found on web (i use it since 2 years with chameleon)

How can i solve??? :(

vo4utv.jpg

I tried to install clover but the result is kernel panic.

I've used a custom DSDT found on web (i use it since 2 years with chameleon)

How can i solve??? :(

vo4utv.jpg

AppleTyMCEDriver is causing kp here.Just remove the kext.

Why with chameleon there isn't this problem?? (just to learn)

You are using a diferrent SMbios now so thats why that kext is trying to load.

AppleTyMCEDriver is causing kp here.Just remove the kext.

Yes, but after update it appeared again.

There is a patch on the fly by Clover

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
 	  <key>KextsToPatch</key>
	  <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>No Panic on MacPro4,1 - 5,1</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>
            </dict>

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By BALDY_MAN
      Hi All.
      Im Happy to share my new EFI file that I put together  18/10/2020. which got me up and running 11.0  Beta(20A5395g) on my hack
      a thanks you to everyone who's work I have use to assemble this EFI File. and the help I have received from this site
      I have used openCore 0.6.3, sound work for me (HDMI) and onboard Ethernet. map the usb ports as you wish.
      the definition to iMac20,2
      hope it helps all who need it
      PS. Please leave a comment if the EFI File is helpful to you
      (No Kexts were Harmed in the making of this EFI)
                                                                                                                     regards
                                                                                                                                         Baldy_man
      GigabyteZ40Master.EFI.(20A539g) .zip
    • By le332313
      Can someone share the dell 5593/5493 EFI ? I try to fit the graphics driver, but it not working please help me thanks

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Damx
      The specs CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 8130U, 2.20 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Chipset: Intel® 300 Series Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Display: 21.5'' 1920x1200 RAM: DDR4 PC2400 4GB SSD1: M.2 PLEXTOR (with original Windows 10) SSD2: SATA SAMSUNG 850 EVO (for macOS) Sound: Realtek ALC269 WiFi / BT: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Not working
      WiFi: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Pre-Installation

I will not go through the basics since it is explained in details here on this site. Briefly, the process is to:
      Get Clover Get Catalina macOS installer Create USB with 2 MBR partitions (FAT32 for Clover and HFS+J for the installer)  

Required kexts
      AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext  

Config.plist
      I used the one provided by RehabMan called config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. Download it from GitHub. It has almost everything you will need with only few edits for audio.
      Edits:
      [CPU] Make sure there is lilcpu=9 setting in boot arguments needed for Kaby Lake R CPU to be recognised correctly. [GPU] Make sure there is a patch GFX0 to IGPU under ACPI->DSDT [GPU] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) make sure that the AAPL,ig-platform-id value is 00001B59, and the device-id value is 16590000 [AUDIO] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) set the layout-id to 40 and the device-id to 70A10000 [SMBIOS] Set Mac model ID is iMac19,2  

Notes
      For some reason with latest version of Clover the install partition was not visible. If you run into the same issue you can downgrade Clover to r5103, which worked perfectly. WiFi / BT Intel 3168 NGW needs to be replaced if one needs WiFi. Someone mentioned that to get HDMI work properly you may need to change AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 00001659 for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) - not my case but may be considered if you get this issue. Don't forget to generate your serial and other SMBUS values before signing in with iCloud services.