ErmaC

Clover General discussion

23,094 posts in this topic

This line

0:313  0:000  Turbo: 37/37/37/39

Means that if the CPU works with 4 cores then multiplier will be up to 37.

If one core (cpus=1) then the multipier can be up to 39.

I will search Intel documentation about this question.

Advertisement

@simonej

wait, please, I found a problem with your chipset. Should do some workaround or find a regular way to do this.

The main problem is that Clover uses the wrong scope i.e. Scope (\_PR.CNNN) whereas ssdtPRGen.sh knows what scope to use i.e. Scope (\_SB.SCK0.CNNN) and that I tell you is a big problem if you are trying to get power management working. Next to this is Clover using old school power management whereas ssdtPRGen.sh generates data for new style, used by Apple, power management.

- comment - removed -

Edited by ErmaC
I removed latest comment. reason: not useful.

Don't worry Slice, take your time :)
anyone knows what are the states (x12, x37, x39 only?) of MacPro6,1 original?

Slice, I'm reading that 1620v2 of MacPro works in turbo state x39 only single core, but I can't see x39, only x38 with ssdtPRGen and max x37 (4 core active always?) with Clover.

Pike, with ssdtPRGen i need to change APFL generated (from Zero to 0x04 i think). I'm not expert with power management but with your script my system works almost always at x37.

Super Respect for your awesome work! Thanks!!!

Hello,

I have just installed the OSX 10.9.3 combo update but now I get  this error when booting:

K2DkUgb.jpg

Any idea whats wrong ?

I have tried to get Clover to consistently work as my boot loader of choice. I recently loaded MacOS X 10.6 onto a USB formatted as GUID and loaded Clover into the EFI partition. I managed to load the OS but upon loading that disk iClover was loaded onto, the disk will not boot up 10.6.

ON the USB and the Disk/EFI I have run these Terminal commands:

(1)sudo fdisk440 -f boot0ss -u -y /dev/rdisk1

(2)dd if=/dev/rdisk1s1 count=1 bs=512 of=origbs

(3)cp boot1f32alt newbs

(4)dd if=origbs of=newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc

(5)dd if=newbs of=/dev/rdisk1s1 count=1 bs=512

(6)cp BOOT /Volumes/Kingston/

(7)cp -r EFI /Volumes/Kingston/

Now, I see no reason to do steps 6 and 7 because I first loaded the boot loader files onto the USB and the Disk/EFI (the Clover Bootloader installs the 4 directories and the boot file)

Can anyone tell me what I am missing to get the Disk to load from the contents of the /EFI partition?

Hi fellas,

Despite i inject a SMC version via FakeSMC (AXIPAAAC), Clover overrides it with is own ; is there a flag i can use in the config.plist ?

Many thanks.

Hi fellas,

Despite i inject a SMC version via FakeSMC (AXIPAAAC), Clover overrides it with is own ; is there a flag i can use in the config.plist ?

Many thanks.

If you tell about version 3.3 then:

- HWInfo.kext uses value from Clover to override default value from FakeSMC.info.plist. The priority needed to make dynamic changes for these key depending on Clover settings on the fly;

- if you want a priority of FakeSMC.info.plist then you can erase HWInfo.kext. Be happy!

If you use kozlek's version then I don't know his rules.

@Simonej

I made a revision 2678 that should work for your chipset. Test please.

Set c-states as follow

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>EnableC7</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableC6</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableC4</key>
			<false/>
			<key>EnableC2</key>
			<false/>

@magnifico

As far as I remember you have the same chipset. Are you able to test c-state PM in your case?

CLOVERX64.efi-2678.zip

@magnifico

As far as I remember you have the same chipset. Are you able to test c-state PM in your case?

No, I sold the motherboard with the x79 chipset,sorry .

Ps: but him for me a need Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for ivy bridge ?

Thank you Slice, problem is not solved;

-I have same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized"

-No states other 12-37.

-My Config was http://pastebin.com/HZZPbfYZ now is http://pastebin.com/49HrYrpd

I want to see your generated SSDTs and boot.log

-Log http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/73718371/file.html

-SSDT http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/28896861/file.html

Edit: In my Boot log I read AMD Radeon R9 but I don't have R9, I have Radeon 7950.

It is the same just rebranded. 

7950 == R9 280. 

I decided to keep new name for a future.

About state generation I found a mistake. Test new revision, please.

CLOVERX64.efi-2678a.zip

Same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power, maybe It's problem of my motherboard AsRock X79 Professional?

Boot.log= http://pastebin.com/fbbgxh4m

I tried to search, from what I understand 1620v2 works only with single core at x39, from what I see on my system also remains at x37 in single core.

Same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power, maybe It's problem of my motherboard AsRock X79 Professional?

Boot.log= http://pastebin.com/fbbgxh4m

I tried to search, from what I understand 1620v2 works only with single core at x39, from what I see on my system also remains at x37 in single core.

At this moment this is my mistake but I still not see why. There are no significant messages in boot.log to understand.

I will think more. If you can then you may insert additional DBG into findCPU procedure.

Hello community,

I finally managed to install Clover without those nasty boot0 and boot1 errors. But when I now boot my computer, after the POST there is just that blinking "_" for 4-5 seconds. Then a "7" appears on the screen for 3 seconds. After that, the computer just restarts. I searched for a solution for hours but didn't find anything. Please help me!

System specs:

Fujitsu T8100

Core 2 Duo T8100

GMA 965 graphics chipset (X3100 core) which is not supported of course, so I work with VESA 3.0 Graphics

1024x768 internal display

btw I am using Niresh's mavericks

Hello community,

I finally managed to install Clover without those nasty boot0 and boot1 errors. But when I now boot my computer, after the POST there is just that blinking "_" for 4-5 seconds. Then a "7" appears on the screen for 3 seconds. After that, the computer just restarts. I searched for a solution for hours but didn't find anything. Please help me!

System specs:

Fujitsu T8100

Core 2 Duo T8100

GMA 965 graphics chipset (X3100 core) which is not supported of course, so I work with VESA 3.0 Graphics

1024x768 internal display

btw I am using Niresh's mavericks

I have very similar computer. See my signature #2.

X3100 is supported very good but up to 10.7.5. I think you have to stay at this version.

About Clover. You seems to choose Boot BiosBlockIO that may not work on notebooks.

Choose ordinary boot Sata-64

Tested but same error, I think the problem is dependent by states generation, if I use SSDT i haven't this problem. Don't worry too much Slice, but I noticed a small performance improvement in single and multiple core! and Clover is working in single core x37 instead of x39

No, I installed in normal Sata-64.

After reinstall, now it says b1t:init6 and reboots. It's just throwing random errors onto my head.

No, I installed in normal Sata-64.

After reinstall, now it says b1t:init6 and reboots. It's just throwing random errors onto my head.

I have same behavior on lenovo 3000 n100.

I try one of first version of clover and have same problem.

Clover canot be used on this machine...

Tested but same error, I think the problem is dependent by states generation, if I use SSDT i haven't this problem. Don't worry too much Slice, but I noticed a small performance improvement in single and multiple core! and Clover is working in single core x37 instead of x39

Corrected in rev.2681.

Make full DarwinDump with it.

I have same behavior on lenovo 3000 n100.

I try one of first version of clover and have same problem.

Clover canot be used on this machine...

So i can forget Clover? That would be a shame...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      -OpenCore Vanilla TUTORIAL-

-USB Port Mapping TUTORIAL-

1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use these kexts, enable XHCI port limit patch

USB INTEL SERIE 400.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Nomade
      Hello All,

It's been a while that I am trying to update my system to 10.15.16.
      The install seem to start, then at reboot time I only see the Normal boot and the Recovery option from the Clover boot menu.
      None of those 2 allow to complete the update.

Is there any ways to force it to install and/or show the "Update" option on the Clover boot screen?

PS: I'm using Z97-Gaming-3
    • By Damx
      The specs CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 8130U, 2.20 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Chipset: Intel® 300 Series Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Display: 21.5'' 1920x1200 RAM: DDR4 PC2400 4GB SSD1: M.2 PLEXTOR (with original Windows 10) SSD2: SATA SAMSUNG 850 EVO (for macOS) Sound: Realtek ALC269 WiFi / BT: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Not working
      WiFi: Intel 3168 NGW Realtek Card-reader  

Pre-Installation

I will not go through the basics since it is explained in details here on this site. Briefly, the process is to:
      Get Clover Get Catalina macOS installer Create USB with 2 MBR partitions (FAT32 for Clover and HFS+J for the installer)  

Required kexts
      AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext  

Config.plist
      I used the one provided by RehabMan called config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. Download it from GitHub. It has almost everything you will need with only few edits for audio.
      Edits:
      [CPU] Make sure there is lilcpu=9 setting in boot arguments needed for Kaby Lake R CPU to be recognised correctly. [GPU] Make sure there is a patch GFX0 to IGPU under ACPI->DSDT [GPU] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) make sure that the AAPL,ig-platform-id value is 00001B59, and the device-id value is 16590000 [AUDIO] Under Devices->Properties->PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3) set the layout-id to 40 and the device-id to 70A10000 [SMBIOS] Set Mac model ID is iMac19,2  

Notes
      For some reason with latest version of Clover the install partition was not visible. If you run into the same issue you can downgrade Clover to r5103, which worked perfectly. WiFi / BT Intel 3168 NGW needs to be replaced if one needs WiFi. Someone mentioned that to get HDMI work properly you may need to change AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 00001659 for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) - not my case but may be considered if you get this issue. Don't forget to generate your serial and other SMBUS values before signing in with iCloud services.  

• By MaLd0n
      A very custom DSDT for best experience under macOS. Removed all unused devices, injected all Apple devices, essentials, cosmetics, real improvements. 

-Original DSDT have 167,880 lines and 762kb

DSDT ORIGINAL.aml.zip138.01 kB · 8 downloads

-Patched DSDT have 30,912 lines and 111kb

DSDT PATCHED.aml.zip27.01 kB · 17 downloads

--Hardware--
      Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA

Processor  Intel i9-10980XE

GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -XSPI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME  
      --Screenshots-

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n

-Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145 Model with Intel Core i5-1035G1 IceLake / Intel HD Graphics ICL
      -Update bios/uefi to last version 

*For now we have 2 problems. Wake from sleep and some bugs in trackpad*

--Bios/UEFI config--
      Go to Security tab and disable Secure boot

-IceLake Premade installation Folder (easy way installation)
      https://tinyurl.com/y3tl6xlx

--Clover and OpenCore Folders--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      -OpenCore
      https://tinyurl.com/y3c4rjkr
      -Clover
      https://tinyurl.com/y4496nq8

--Enable Trackpad Dragging Option--
      Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/PointerControl/Trackpad Options and "Enable dragging"

-Bluetooth Broadcom

BrcmBluetoothInjector.zip2.46 MB · 4 downloads

-OcQuirks.efi for Clover (Just replace Drivers folder)

drivers.zip74.57 kB · 4 downloads

--DSDT Patches--

-Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 12 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch-- (All credits to Austere.J) Discussion about that HERE

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>             <dict>                 <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>                 <data>AABSig==</data>                 <key>device-id</key>                 <data>UooAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>                 <data>AACQAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>                 <data>AQAAAA==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>                 <data>AAAwAQ==</data>                 <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>                 <data>AAAAgA==</data>                 <key>hda-gfx</key>                 <string>onboard-1</string>                 <key>igfxfw</key>                 <data>AgAAAA==</data>             </dict>  
      --USB Fix-- https://tinyurl.com/y4mqfahz

-ScreenShots

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Acidanthera Team, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!     We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!