THIS GUIDE WILL APPLY TO N551 SERIES WITH SIMILAR HARDWARE AND RESPECTIVE ROG VERSIONS WITH THE RIGHT CHANGES
- Processor : Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6Ghz
- Chipset: Intel HM86 Express Chipset
- Ram : 16gb DDR3L 1600 Mhz
- Graphics: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 – GeForce GTX 960M (Not supported so disabled)
- HDD: 500 Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO
- Card Reader: Realtek PCI-E
- Webcam: HD WebCam (Chicony Electronics Co.)
- Lan: Realtek PCI-E Gigabit ethernet controller
- WiFi + BT : AzureWave AW-CE123H
- Audio Realtek ALC668 (internal speakers + external sub-woofer)
- 3 USB 3.0 Port, HDMI port, mDP port
Use CreateInstallMedia metod + Clover, you will find the config.plist i used in the attachments;
Kext in Usb Media:
Kext and Configuration:
- Install Clover on HDD and use the attached Config_final.plist as reference
- Install kext in /Library/Extension
- SSDT-PNLF for Backlight Slider (put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED)
KEYBOARD & TOUCHPAD
- Patch _Q0F to XQOF in Config.plist
- Patch _Q0E to XQOE in Config.plist (this two patch needed for Backlight Fn Keys)
- SSDT-PS2K for Keyboad and FN Keys works
- SSDT-ALC668 (put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED)
- Use Layout-Id 3 for standard audio or 27/28 if your model have External Sub-Woofer (change exit in SysPref > Sound)
- Refer to this GUIDE For a simple USB Port configuration with Intel FB-Patcher
GRAPHIC iGPU HD4600
- Patch _REG > XREG in Config.plist
- Patch _OFF > XOFF in Config.plist (this two patch are needed for Discrete GPU disabling)
- SSDT-DGPU for Discrete Graphic Disabling (put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED)
- Refer to this GUIDE for perfect iGPU setting with Intel FB-Patcher
WiFi & BT AZUREWAVE AW-CE123H
- Set BootArg “brcmfx-country=XX” without quotes (change XX with your country code e.g. US or IT)
SD CARD READER
DSDT PATCH NEEDED:
- Extract DSDT/SSDT with Clover and Disassemble using REFS.TXT
- Refer to DSDT/SSDT Patching Guide HERE
APPLY THIS FIX IN DSDT:
- [sys] Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error (Aggressive)
- [bat] Asus G75VW Battery Fix
- [sys] Haswell LPC
- [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
- [sys] RTC Fix
- [sys] IRQ Fix
- [sys] SMBUS Fix
- [sys] HPET Fix
- [sys] Fix_WAK Arg0 v2
- [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
- Fn Brightness Keys Patch *
- KeyboardBacklight Patch (Haswell/Ivy) *
- Keyboard Backlight Sleep Fix *
[*] txt file for patch attached
Compile & Patch DSDT file and put in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED
How to get FHD resolution in Clover and Apple start page:
- Activate CSM in BIOS
- Install CsmVideoDxe-64.efi in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI (can be added during Hdd Clover install or with Clover Configurator later)
- Set 1920x1080 resolution in config.plist/GUI
- Apply a 1920x1080 theme with CloverThemeManager
How to merge Audio Channel for Internal speakers and Sub-Woofer works together:
- Work in progress, i’ll update guide as soon as i find a solution
Enjoy your new, full working N551JW Mojave Hackintosh
If i forgot something or you have a question feel free to ask me.
Credit and Thanks to:
@RehabMan, @Vit9696 and all other devs for the guides, kexts and support they give for free.
SSDT and patch.zip
Im glad to be a part of this forum. Just signed up 20 mins ago.
I have an old macpro 2008 fully loaded using yosemite 10.10.5.
I would not like to touch that OSX version but been curious with mojave on hackintosh PC.
i also have a low/mid range gaming windows PC.
My specs for my W7/10 dual boot (same SSD) windows PS are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V
Intel i7 3770k
8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
Antec HCG 620W PSU
Asus GTX 560 DC
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Built everything in mid 2012.
Will these hardware lets me install Mojave? If not, whats the max OSX i can install?
Then worst case, will i be able to install atleast yosemite 10.10?
I dont mind if i get Nullcpupowermanagement and not be able to use my bios C1 packages and sleep or any intel speedstep as i dont use them anyways in my windows OS.
i just need it to work smoothly with MB audio built-in, wifi, ethernet, Usb port 2.0 and 3.0.
im not a gamer but likes to use Logic pro X.
was thinking of using the W10 partition for the hackintosh OSX but if possible, i could use a 64GB USB 3.0 thumbdrive.
Thanks in advance.
Hello. My hardware is:
AMD Athlon X2 7750 dual-core
Gigabyte NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB ( [VGA] ,HDMI,DVI)
Motherboard Gigabyte based on NFORCE without AHCI support (only IDE)
I have successfully installed Mac OS Yosemite, Mavericks and El Capitan with AppleNFORCEATA.kext
But I can't use it with Mac OS 10.8, don't know why, it just gives error and my internal HDD's are not appearing in Disk Utility.
Update: Now running Mojave! Thanks to mojave2core! Yeah Still using C2D in 2019!
Inserted a nice and cheap GT710 that is not relying on nVidias Webdrivers and runs OOB under Mojave.
Nice, seeing High Sierra running on this old but capable system! It rocks with a new ASUS GT1030
6 GB DDR2 RAM
Asus GT1030 2GB
Sandisk SSD 128GB
TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB
Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 PCIe (No boot)
Clover: 4297 4360
A good deal of DSDT editing was necessary to get this machine to boot High Sierra but finally it works flawlessly, even sleep and wake!
You NEED to have the DSDT put in place for installation because otherwise macOS doesn't recognize the SATA ports.
There are a few important BIOS settings: SATA hast to be set to AHCI and "native" and HPET has to be run "64-bit", I'd recommend to disable IDE and the serial and parallel port.
For the GT1030 nVidia Webdrivers are needed, have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have them installed.
You have to install Clover in legacy mode because this old fella does not support UEFI.
Only downside: The so often recommended Inateck USB-card isn't recognized by BIOS, so you cannot boot from it. It works perfectly within macOS though, have the ac-Wifi connected to it.
Hello! Sorry for the way of writing in English, I'm using google translator.
I am several days trying to make my Mojave hakintosh work perfectly. However, I have reached a point where I can no longer proceed without help.
Almost all hardawares were installed and recognized (using the clover). However, still have a panic kernel (capture attached). Every time, when connecting the MAC it restarts 2 or 3 times to be able to show the dekstop and to function normal. I also think that having problem with video graphics sometimes freezes the entire display system if video appears on a web page.
I've attached a file with used files: clover, bios capture, complete hardware information, error capture(https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvhW45_HBY8zgfsySZPWZ-SZXFiMfA). Can someone help me?
Mobile DualCore Intel Core i7-3537U, 2000 MHz (20 x 100), 4 threads
Asus K46CB Series Notebook
Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge-MB
16269 MB (DDR3 SDRAM)
BIOS AMI (05/17/2013)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 10.18.10.4358
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 18.104.22.1684