Unable to find driver for this platform - ACPI - GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB

Promythyus

2 posts in this topic

So I've been trying to install Mountain Lion 10.8.0 on my PC, but no matter what I try, I get the following Kernel Panic:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.7.9/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1546

Here is probably the best pic I have of the error: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jaRq7FsG5GU/ULJTMW18LPI/AAAAAAAABaI/KsusFFp2B2k/s1191/IMG_20121126_041403.jpg

How do I fix this? My process thus far:

- Extract 10.8.0 .dmg from my gold master download.

- Restore "Mac OS X Install ESD" partition to a GUID partitioned 8gb USB stick.

- Install (the latest) Chameleon on the USB stick.

Here is where it varies a bit, I've tried all sorts of combinations of fakesmc.kexts, smbios.plists, etc in E/E and S/L/E. I don't really know where I go to get solid information on what my platform needs though.

- Put the USB stick in my PC

- Boot the USB stick via my BIOS in Legacy Mode (non UEFI).

- Choose "Mac OS X Install ESD" from the chameleon boot menu w/ the verbose option.

- Get picture.

I have reset my bios to optimised defaults, I've set my bios options to several guides I found on the net to no effect. The wiki says similar boards to mine have worked fine, supposedly.

PC:

- i5 3570k.

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H (WiFi/Bluetooth, same actual board as the non WiFi/Bluetooth version though).

- 2x4GB RAM.

- 2xAsus 560Ti's (however I have set the internal HD4k as the primary graphics output).

Thoughts?

hello

how to

restore mac os x base system to usb

after that install one of the last chameleon

fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement

try smbios macpro3,1 to install

and boot

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack