• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By the_jff
      Hi,

I have a OSX 10.13.2 High Sierra guest running on Win7 pro.

The guest is only used to configure idevice with Apple configurator2.

guest and host as the latest itunes version and driver.

I use an iPhone 6 and 6S and it's working perfectly, my problem started when I got 2 new iphone8+ (and later while writing the post, using an iPhone SE, same problem), on the host machine, no problem at all, they work and they are displayed in itunes.

When I connect to guest, the loop start and I have to physically disconnect the usb cable for it to stop, trying the right-click on icon and connect/disconnect host... not working, it give me a unknown error.

I was running Workstation Pro 12.5, so I decide to upgrade to 14.1.1, same problem.

I tried on the Player 14, same problem... BUT, once, only once it work and I was able to see the device in Configurator and apply the profile that I needed.

I also have a WinXP and a Win7 VM, and they can connect to the iphone8, so look like it's not an issue with the host/vmware application...

VMTools is up to date

Set to USB 2.0,

Use the PC USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, with or without a USB hub (all those options work with the iphone 6/6s)

The "usb.quirks.device0 = "0xvid:0xpid" config been tested and not working

I delete all the files in c:\users\vmware\...

I tested a new fresh guest machine from scratch, same result (so I can get narrow out a faulty .vmx file)

The result is always the same... loop reconnect/disconnect on the guest machine, I hear the "dong" sound on Win7 when usb device is connect looping with the idevice sound when it connect...

This is the log file for the iphone6s with the connection working

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

And this is the iPhone8+ that doesn't work

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

I highlighted the only difference between both.

Any clue why ??

My next project will be to test it on another PC in the office, fresh Workstation installation.

Thanks

• By spakk
      With iOS 9.3.5, Apple includes one of the biggest security breaches in the history of Apple - the installation is absolutely recommended !!! read here read this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/26/technology/apple-software-vulnerability-ios-patch.html?_r=0

Apple security update:
      https://support.apple.com/kb/index?q=update+iphone&src=globalnav_support&type=organic&page=search&locale=en_US

Edit
      For all smartphones with Android operating system, there are no security updates available for the current threat. Since neither the manufacturer nor Google have recognized the explosive situation. There are about 1 billion smartphones worldwide affected them.
      A writer from the same region has described In 1949 the gruesome vision of a totalitarian surveillance state. We are in the middle of the action.
    • By MusicTown
      Cost: Free
      Simply search for it in the app store by searching Music Town or use the link to our website below.
      Download Link: Available on the app store!

Music Town is an exciting free app where the best up and coming musicians are performing all day long. We have live concerts from nearly every genre performing in 17 different venues! From the Coffee Shop for more intimate acoustic sessions, to the Country Opry for some smooth southern jams and even the Symphony Hall for a more classical evening.

Find your new favorite artist in Music Town today!

• By giorgos92
      MacLock [FREE for 48h]lets you unlock your Mac with Touch ID or Apple Watch! You can even Restart or Shutdown your mac while you 're away. MacLock includes also a Widget for quick access!
      To celebrate our release we give it for free just for 48 hours. Afterwards the price will be $4. Go get your copy now on Appstore

Also do not forget to get the companion OS X App from my website here
      http://maclockapp.com