[10.7] ATI Radeon X1550/X1300 - QE/CI?

Braixen

3 posts in this topic

I've heard on and off that the X1550 supports QE/CI with a few hacks/modifications.

I've tried ATY_Init but it never worked. Trying EvoEnabler now, I've seen a post saying the X1550 and the X1300 use the Caretta codename/framebuffer.

And the hex number is 7187.

In some cases I cannot boot into 32-bit mode but I can use 64-bit mode.

Also I have to use latest IOPCIFamily because Natit is complaining about it. :P

Attempt 1: EvoEnabler using the Caretta Framebuffer.

32-bit mode: Nope. Just sticks at evoenabler: Probing

64-bit mode: Managed to get maximum resolution (1440x900 for my HP w19ev monitor). No QE/CI.

Attempt 2: Natit

32-bit mode:This is the opposite of above. I get maximum resolution without QE/CI, but not under 64-bit mode.

64-bit mode: Nope. Natit is 32-bit on here.

Attempt 3: Natit + ATIRadeonX100.kext (Modded)

I did not try 64-bit mode since my wireless adapter requires 32-bit mode.

It loads, but then it goes blank.

Use the tool found here to dump the framebuffers and post output:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/249642-editing-custom-personalities-for-ati-radeon-hd45xxx/

Then we can go from there. 32 bit mode will be the only one that will work since the Mac that had that generation card was 32 bit EFI.

• 11 months later...

Use the tool found here to dump the framebuffers and post output:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/249642-editing-custom-personalities-for-ati-radeon-hd45xxx/

Then we can go from there. 32 bit mode will be the only one that will work since the Mac that had that generation card was 32 bit EFI.

Hello,

sorry that I posted VERY late. 32-bit mode is fine with me. Do I use the bios decode tool to dump the framebuffers? Or do you want me to use the Perl script?