[FIXED] Can't even get to the install GUI [USB]

Braixen

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install OS X Lion on my PC. It's old, but I managed to get Snow Leopard on it just fine.

I pinpointed my problem to the fact I'm booting from a USB. I made a USB using another Hackintosh, and installed Chameleon on it. It gets past [PCI config begin] just fine, but it freezes at FakeSMCDevice: Successfully initialized. Turning USB 2.0 off did fix that, but is extremely slow.

I know it's not the graphics - if it was, the computer wouldn't even boot at all.

I don't have any discs on hand at the moment.

Now I'm stuck on launchctl.c:2408 bug. This happened both when I fixed FakeSMC and when I turned USB 2.0 off.

I've installed Lion, and I'm in the process of getting to the OS!

Any suggestions?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (if it doesn't work at all and I somehow give up, I'll just use this as I have a computer with a Pentium D that I can get rid of! They both use the LGA 775 socket. :D)

3GB RAM

250GB Hard Drive

SiS 671 chipset (People have mixed experiences with this. Some people have managed to install Lion, some haven't but I've seen more positive experiences.) I used AppleVIAATA.kext and it worked fine!

Graphics and sound I will worry about later, in fact I've seen kexts for both.

Wireless? I'm using my ol' Netgear WG111V3.

So if it works after turning off USB 2.0 but is extremely slow, why not slowly install it to a hard drive and be done?

Impatient guy. Lol. Fixed the FakeSMC issue, now I've got the launchctl.c:2408 bug. Hope these are usual issues that Lion users got when they installed it.