Photoshop Hackintosh BuyList suggestions

1 post in this topic

Hello insanely mac users!

after 4 years of high times i need to move on with my old Hackintosh (lovely q9550)

So i have outlined few scenarious from my daily work, and this is the constraints i should respect.

Budget is not a problem, but i honesty don't need the super duper 30000+ geekbenchmark start.

- have a Gigabyte motherboard (find myself happy of that on the previous one, it's easy to find in my local dealers)

- sleep working

- 16gb of ram

My random ideas on it:

- i'm not a ssd-hype fan, but if it's easy to realize i'd love to try the caching ssd system (128gb should be enought). I don't understand at all if the caching on ssd can be realize automaticly (as the fusion drive) or must be a way of use (os and working file on ssd, everything else on the second hd).

- i DON'T need a hi-level graphic card. I do 2d only, and when it turns to 3d my actual 9800gt is pretty enough. I'm not even a gamer. Photoshop takes advance of the graphic card for filters and zoom operations. A middle range graphic card should be ok.

- i would focus on finding out the right combination of cpu-bus speed-ram clock.

- i'd like to get into a future upgradable architecture. When i built my old quad machine i did the mistakes of choosing quad instead of i7 architecture. and it blocked me in future upgrade.

- connection goes on lan. No bluetooth/wifi/etc

- i would love to have audio available both on the back and frontal of the case. (read all the audio output of the motherboard should works)

- i do really need a stable configuration rather than an high performance one.

Looking forward to your suggestions

THAAANK YOU!