• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Ashikaa

[HELP] Sound works but headphone jack does not

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I managed to installed 10.8.2 on my laptop ASUS K42JA. The sound is working but the headphone jack does not. In System / Sound / Output it always shows up Internal Speakers whenever I plug in headphone.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

The following is the screenshot about sound driver in Window

95ebc7fc5cdd77cbb488667800869cab_50757888.untitled.png

Thanks

Cleaned up the DSDT you had and added you GPU into it and HDMI audio. You should no longer need GraphicsEnabler=Yes with this DSDT.

As for onboard audio there is a pin layout issue with the kext. Attached is another AppleHDA for ALC269 of which you have so try the new kext.

Files.zip

Cleaned up the DSDT you had and added you GPU into it and HDMI audio. You should no longer need GraphicsEnabler=Yes with this DSDT.

As for onboard audio there is a pin layout issue with the kext. Attached is another AppleHDA for ALC269 of which you have so try the new kext.

I am kind of confusing. What you mean is just replacing my current DSDT and AppleHDA by your attached files?

I am kind of confusing. What you mean is just replacing my current DSDT and AppleHDA by your attached files?

Place the DSDT i posted in your Extra folder. Then install the AppleHDA I posted using a app of your choice.

Place the DSDT i posted in your Extra folder. Then install the AppleHDA I posted using a app of your choice.

Do I need to edit anything your DSDT ?

Thanks

No I already did.

I delete DSDT file in Extra folder and place yours in. I also install AppleHDA by using Kext Wizard. But after I restart it the sound doesn't work anymore.

Looking at the IOregs my DSDT is not installed...

There are some IOregs files.

your DSDT & HDA.zip : your 2 files

your DSDT & my HDA.zip : your DSDT with my old AppleHDA

Please let me know if they are wrong.