Mountain Lion on Foxconn nT435H with Atom 1.8

2 posts in this topic

I have posted over in another topic, but I thought I would bring this here.

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion on a Foxconn Nettop (with just a few minor bumps)...

I have a few more things to figure out. I would like to write a tutorial when I am done as I do not see anyone on the web using these as a Hackintosh.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281072-thoughts-about-mountain-lion-with-atom-yes-atom/

Here is what I posted over in the other topic:

Hi guys,

I have been messing around with hackintosh for about two weeks. I have successfully been able to get leopard and snow leopard on two older

Dell

Optiplexs. I have a Foxconn Nettop kicking around that I was using as a

HTPC

running Windows 7 (before I discovered Apple TV). My info is below. I have an 80 gig hard drive and 2 gigs memory (I believe that is what I have. I am on the road and I don't have it in front of me to check). I'm wondering if I can put Mountain Lion on this. Straight up install, no dual boot for the Windows 7 (I actually have a spare hard drive that I could experiment on and put the Windows 7 hard drive back in if I find it doesn't work). As being very new to this, any detailed help would be greatly appreciated. I have googled this topic to see if anyone has tried this on a Foxconn Nettop, but it doesn't seem to be a popular model. I have done both of my installs off iDeneb and Hazard distros.

Thanks in advance

Brand

Foxconn

Model

nT435H-0h0w-B-A-NA

Color

Black

CPU Supported

CPU Type

Intel Atom D425 @ 1.8GHz

FSB

667MHz

Chipset

North Bridge

Intel NM10

Memory Supported

Memory slot

1 x 204Pin

Memory Type Supported

DDR3

Max Memory Supported

4GB

Storage

Serial ATA

1 x SATA 3.0Gb/s

Graphics

Onboard Video

Intel GMA 3150

Communications

LAN

Atheros AR8131M

Max LAN Speed

10/100/1000Mbps

Wireless

LAN

802.11 b/g/n

Extension Bays

2.5" Internal Bays

Front Panel

Ports

Card Reader

SD/SDHC/MS/MS Pro/MMC Card Reader

Back Panel Ports

HDMI

VGA

1 x D-sub

Power Supply

Power Supply

65W, 19V, 3.42A

Physical SPEC

Dimensions

7.48" x 5.31" x 0.98"

Weight

0.99 lbs.

Update...

I was able to install ML with ######. Ethernet, worked out of the gate. I used the ###### to get audio working (Voodoo). SD card reader works too. Wifi is not working and I can't seem to figure out how to get the graphics working...they are very slow. I haven't done a software update from Apple yet, I want to wait until I get atleast graphics working. I have been writing everything down that I have done, so I can write a tutorial. I would like to see if I can get the HDMI working (I haven't tried to hook it up to anything yet, as I doubt it would work). I think I may have Broadcom Crystal HD?

Anyone with any ideas or comments?

• Like 1