Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Mountain Lion on Foxconn nT435H with Atom 1.8

2 posts in this topic

I have posted over in another topic, but I thought I would bring this here.

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion on a Foxconn Nettop (with just a few minor bumps)...

I have a few more things to figure out. I would like to write a tutorial when I am done as I do not see anyone on the web using these as a Hackintosh.

Here is what I posted over in the other topic:

Hi guys,

I have been messing around with hackintosh for about two weeks. I have successfully been able to get leopard and snow leopard on two older

Optiplexs. I have a Foxconn Nettop kicking around that I was using as a

running Windows 7 (before I discovered Apple TV). My info is below. I have an 80 gig hard drive and 2 gigs memory (I believe that is what I have. I am on the road and I don't have it in front of me to check). I'm wondering if I can put Mountain Lion on this. Straight up install, no dual boot for the Windows 7 (I actually have a spare hard drive that I could experiment on and put the Windows 7 hard drive back in if I find it doesn't work). As being very new to this, any detailed help would be greatly appreciated. I have googled this topic to see if anyone has tried this on a Foxconn Nettop, but it doesn't seem to be a popular model. I have done both of my installs off iDeneb and Hazard distros.

Thanks in advance

CPU Supported

CPU Type

Intel Atom D425 @ 1.8GHz

North Bridge

Intel NM10

Memory Supported

Memory slot

1 x 204Pin

Memory Type Supported

Max Memory Supported

Serial ATA

1 x SATA 3.0Gb/s

Onboard Video

Intel GMA 3150

Atheros AR8131M

Max LAN Speed

802.11 b/g/n

Extension Bays

2.5" Internal Bays

Front Panel

Card Reader

SD/SDHC/MS/MS Pro/MMC Card Reader

Back Panel Ports

1 x D-sub

Power Supply

Power Supply

65W, 19V, 3.42A

Physical SPEC

7.48" x 5.31" x 0.98"

0.99 lbs.

I was able to install ML with ######. Ethernet, worked out of the gate. I used the ###### to get audio working (Voodoo). SD card reader works too. Wifi is not working and I can't seem to figure out how to get the graphics working...they are very slow. I haven't done a software update from Apple yet, I want to wait until I get atleast graphics working. I have been writing everything down that I have done, so I can write a tutorial. I would like to see if I can get the HDMI working (I haven't tried to hook it up to anything yet, as I doubt it would work). I think I may have Broadcom Crystal HD?

Anyone with any ideas or comments?

I spent last weekend working on installing ML on a Gateway netbook (N2600 cpu / GMA 3600 gpu) and have made it all the way to DSMOS has arrived but no luck after that. What kext/extensions are you using for your graphics?