Problems with bootloader

spikeone

4 posts in this topic

Installed ML 10.8 with a USB stick, all goes well, when booting I can see all my partitions, can boot into Windows or OSX.

Everything is working correctly in OSX, I installed Chameleon bootloader, now when I try booting without my USB Stick, I can get into OSX without any problems but the bootloader wont show me my Windows 7 partition and keyboard/mouse wont work.

The USB stick uses the same bootloader so why does the USB stick bootloader work and not the one I installed on the HD?

Installed ML 10.8 with a USB stick, all goes well, when booting I can see all my partitions, can boot into Windows or OSX.

Everything is working correctly in OSX, I installed Chameleon bootloader, now when I try booting without my USB Stick, I can get into OSX without any problems but the bootloader wont show me my Windows 7 partition and keyboard/mouse wont work.

The USB stick uses the same bootloader so why does the USB stick bootloader work and not the one I installed on the HD?

maybe both bootloaders are using different configurations.

Well I copied everything from the /Extra from the USB stick to the /Extra on my OSX drive and it still wasn't working

I ended up booting into my Windows 8 installation, redoing my MBR with EasyBCD then booted into my OSX installation via my USB stick, re-installed Chameleon and now everything is working

Win8/OSX 10.8 Dual Boot with chameleon bootloader

• 1 month later...

Hey Spikeone... did you solve this?

Just done a reinstall of ML and got exactly this problem!

USB drive shows everything and more importantly boots in ML no problem.... the chameleon or chimera bootloaders installed on the ML drive gives a kernal panic on boot!

Any help?

thanks