InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ивелин Пенчев

Intel N2230

Hey!

I just installed a copy of retail mountain lion on my lenovo e530. Fixed my HD4000 and audio/ethernet kexts, but I can't seem to find a kext for my wireless card - intel Centrino N2230.

Can anyone help me?

Specs:

i5-3210M

HD4000 + gt630m (only HD4000 working atm)

8GB ram

Advertisement

Apple doesn't happen to use ANY Intel wirless cards (they, so far, use Atheros or Broadcom certain models). So there IS NO OFFICIAL apple driver for Intel WiFi cards. The is one experimental, but it's unstable and has some limitations. Buy a used Atheros or Broadcom card on Amazon/Ebay. That would be the easiest solution.

Apple doesn't happen to use ANY Intel wirless cards (they, so far, use Atheros or Broadcom certain models). So there IS NO OFFICIAL apple driver for Intel WiFi cards. The is one experimental, but it's unstable and has some limitations. Buy a used Atheros or Broadcom card on Amazon/Ebay. That would be the easiest solution.

Can you point me to the experimental driver for Intel 2230. I would like to give it a try.

All these drivers seem to be for old hardware and also no new activity in years. I did downloaded for Centrino 2200 but that didnt work. The drivers never loaded.

Thanks for the links. Hope someone could pick up the projects.