Mountain Lion on dell 1318?

j_ddiaz

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 1318 currently running iatkos s3 v2 which I successfully updated to 10.6.7 and haven't had any luck how to successfully install 10.6.8 so if anyone knows what exactly I need to do that wont give me a kernel panic or make my kexts not work please tell! Thanks! BUT in the meantime I want to confirm the compatibility of mountain lion with the laptop, I saw on a site idr where, that it's compatible with both lion and mountain lion. I was originally going to download the Lion installer app but since they only have ML there i just wanted to find out. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

So i fixed (most) of the problems I was having on 10.6.8. Can someone please tell me if it's possible for me to upgrade to Lion on my Dell? I can't run iAtkos L2 without it freezing in the middle of installion. So is it possible I could install it step by step from the installation packages, in /System/Installation/Packages on my other HD partition ? If I can, what order should I do it in? I know it could work cuz I've tried it already but I don't know what order to do it in excactly. The installation runs more smoothly that way. Or if there's a way I could fix the problem of it freezing during the regular boot install then how exactly do I fix that? and how do I upgrade from 10.6.8 ? Thanks. :P (check out the snapshots below to see what I mean.)

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm pretty much in the same situation you are. I tried to install iatkos L2 with no success. Next, I installed iatkos s3 v2. Then I tried to upgrade it from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 but got a kernel panic. Could you please detail what you did in order to get your 1318 upgraded to 10.6.8?

Hi I'm pretty much in the same situation you are. I tried to install iatkos L2 with no success. Next, I installed iatkos s3 v2. Then I tried to upgrade it from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 but got a kernel panic. Could you please detail what you did in order to get your 1318 upgraded to 10.6.8?

It's basically the same procedure as upgrading to 10.6.7 but u have 2 more kexts to back up but in order for your wifi to work you need to back up the 10.6.7 version of the airport monitor file or something and replace it when you upgrade otherwise it'll keep freezing up and be real laggy. Google what the actual file name and location because I don't remember exactly and can't look it up atm. Good luck!

So I successfully installed iatkos l2 but the first boot gives me a kernel panic and it has to do with some kexts, that begin with "com.apple.iokit" and idk what to do, check out my post on this other thread gives more of an explanation