Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Want to Change Mac Model in System Profiler

4 posts in this topic

Successfully installed iATKOS L2 OS X Lion 10.7.2 on my computer. So far, it has been working fine.

When I open Apple menu > About This Mac > Additional Info, my computer appears as Mac Pro.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with it. But I would like to see iMac instead of Mac Pro, as my computer is an all-in-one machine.

As of what I know, I am supposed to edit SMBIOS plist to do that. Is it correct?

If so, what iMac model is appropriate to my machine? Or should I just leave it as-is(Mac Pro)?

Here are the full specs:

Processor: Intel P6200 @ 2.13GHz

Chipset: Intel HM57

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)

Sound: Realtek HD Audio (ALC272)

LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111

WLAN: Atheros AR9285

Thanks artur-pt,

I tried to look for an iMac model that has Intel Arrandale CPU, but found none.

There was one with Clarkdale though. (iMac11,2 and iMac11,3)

Could you give me further help? Which one should I choose when generating SMBIOS?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By revensanchez
      I've an early 2006 iMac (4,1) that I updated with Core2Duo. I then upgraded the firmware to 5,1 and everything works without issues. It is currently running 10.6.8. System profile reports it correctly as an iMac5,1.
      I wanted to update it to El Capitan (or Mavericks at the very least) because most apps are in dire need of upgrade. The problem is that the MPF and macOS extractor guides have a prerequisite that you start at Lion (10.7) and I just can't get it installed.
      I've followed the procedure described in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/249877-how-to-install-lion-on-any-coreduo-mac-upgraded-to-a-core2duo/, specifically post#8. In a nutshell, I've:
      created an "InstallLion", restoring it to the contents of the BaseSystem.dmg file found inside the installer volume. removed the symlink and copied the installation packages. deleted the PlatformSupport.plist and copied the new  OSInstall.mpkg. It doesn't even boot from the image. I've also tried in an external USB drive and no dice. It starts booting and immediately shuts down.
      Does anyone have any clue where to trouble shoot? Is there an updated procedure that has a better success rate? Is it possible to get a bare system image from someone with an upgraded iMac5,1 that has it working?
    • By Cyberdevs
      This is a little app that will help you to easily hide or show your desktop icons.
      Let's say you want to record a video of your desktop or you want to capture some screenshots of your desktop and you have a lot of files on your desktop already but you don't want to move them somewhere else, with this app you can easily make them invisible and once you're done you can make them visible again.
    • By chriz74
      I was given an imac 4,1. I upgraded the FW to 5,1 and am waiting to get a c2d cpu.
      I understand that you can install ML mavericks yosemite etc with macpostfactor but that the GFX is an issue, this is also written in the macpostfactor ws.
      However I see videos on youtube of ppl running ML with x1600 working. I checked some files in the mpf package and it seems it takes care of the gfx.
      Now the question is, will x1600 work with let's say mavericks or yosemite or not? There should be no difference from ML as it seems the hack is using some x1000 kexts etc.
    • By Bernu123342
      I am looking for an app that would easily delete all data on my iMac. I can't destroy the hard drive as I need to sell it to someone else. Is it factory reset secure enough? Thanks
    • By pepitillo
      Hello there, I don't know if this is the right place for asking this, but I have a question.
      I noticed that in my build I can run IGPU an PEG at the same time, but my HD 530 refuses to work, only my Nvidia GT710 works.
      The question is, there are advantages of running dual graphics on desktop other than having more monitors?
      I ask this because I could try to activate my IGPU if i would have more performance...
      Thanks in advance.