Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Dell XPS M1330 Crashes at random, without kernel panic

2 posts in this topic

I previously had a near-perfect 10.5 install on my laptop, and after not using for awhile, I decided to try and install Lion. Install went okay, everything works except Onboard Graphics. I know how to fix the graphics using a DSDT patch, but the system freezes at random and I haven't been able to dump the DSDT since it crashes ~2-3 minutes after system boot. No kernel panic, no error message, the display just completely freezes and I have to hold the power button until it turns off. Does anyone here have ideas as to what might be causing this?

Consider opening Activity Monitor and switching to the System Memory tab. Take a look and see how much memory is being used and at what point, on average, it crashes.