InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
instant idiot

OS X on a Tablet PC

Has anyone tried running OS X on any tablet PC's? I was thinking of this one in particular (Does its GFX card support QE/CI?), but there are lots of Windows 8 tablets coming out now as well that might work. I think it might be a good iPad alternative. ;)

Advertisement

That looks nice; however, it's certainly no more affordable than the MacBook Pro it's built from. (i.e. a bit pricey for me) I'm still quite curious about a Hackintosh tablet.

To my feeling, you need as much of a standard configuration as possible: Core I3, HD3000 or HD4000 graphics, 100 Gig SSD, 8 G ssd memory.

That way all the methods for installing should be standard.

The biggest challenge, to be true to the Apple way of working, no stylus and multitouch.

Something like the Samsung slate PC should be it.

The modbookpro uses wacom touchscreen for multitouch, be interesting if the drivers were compatible with any other displays

Oh, yeah, this gma3150.

I'll confess i almost don't miss QE/CI. Can watch youtube movies fine (html5) and even use iPhoto. But i'd love indeed to play some games here - with Windows, i could even play Rome Total War - slow as hell, but anyway (i'll tell you that, with an older eeepc 1005H, i could play RTW almost seamlessly - that means the GMA3150 is worse than its predecessor, the 950, even on Windows).

Whatever it stands for (:P), there's no way I'm knowingly buying a computer that doesn't support QE/CI. I'll let you know if I ever get serious about this. (I.e. when I hear that OS X has working multitouch support.)

In fact, i do use it like a tablet many times, despite being a heavy one. OSX has a good way to solve it: just play with Universal Access and Finder settings and you get big and easily clickable icons, even in the dock. Yes, there is indeed a built it virtual keyboard, just like windows and, since my T101 MT came with a stylus pen for its resistive touch screen, it's indeed very easy to use.

I think those new windows 8 tablets and hybrid ultrabooks should be a joy to use with OSX: capacitive touch screen, IB CPUs and light weight (MBA levels, or even lighter) surely worths the experience. I'm considering upgrading to a Surface Pro some point in the next year and, if i do that, i'll inevitably try to hackint0sh it. Take in mind though there are no freeware touch drivers for OSX yet: the ones available are rather expensive and that should be considered.