Jump to content
InsanelyMac Forum
aldoemilio

No Audio, "No Output Device Found" - GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - Help!

Recommended Posts

Hi, I will appreciate help on this issue.

I built a system based on a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev 11) MB and an Intel i7 2700K Processor with 8 GB RAM

Installed Snow Leopard following instructions I'd found on tonymacx86 blog, and ran MuliBeast.

I can´t get the sound to work, the system profiler shows the audio card, but system preferences "No Output Device Found".

 

This is what System Profiler output:

Intel High Definition Audio:

 

Audio ID: 892

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Internal

Line Output:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Optical

 

post-1090165-0-95263700-1351016769_thumb.png

 

 

I connected a Sony stereo system in the rear output jack and restarted several times with same results.

After reading other posts I downloaded IOreg and ran it, a zipped report is attached

 

Aldo’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Well, after some research I solved the issue.

I found a post in an external forum where a moderator asked to the guy having a similar issue, if he had deleted all the HDA items in System/Library/Extensions (after doing some installations)

I went to S/L/E and (first) found 2 DSDT files, (I installed both) so I deleted the wrong one, and trashed all the HDA folders, then restarted, and voilá, the sound is working perfectly.

I hope this can help anyone with a similar issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Posts

    • Cool! Do you have a link? Googled and didn't see anything yet.   Never mind... you're quick! I just noticed you updated it on the 1st page THANKS!!!!!!
    • I resolved the problem. Just set this coding in your config.plist:   "
      <key>KextsToPatch</key>
              <array>
                  <dict>
                      <key>Comment</key>
                      <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                      <key>Disabled</key>
                      <false/>
                      <key>Find</key>
                      <data>
                      g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                      </data>
                      <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                      <false/>
                      <key>MatchOS</key>
                      <string>10.13.x</string>
                      <key>Name</key>
                      <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                      <key>Replace</key>
                      <data>
                      g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                      </data>
                  </dict>
              </array>     "
    • New Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.30.107 for 10.13.4 build 17E202
    • I guess having pre{max-height: 500px;overflow: auto;} in CSS was too much for IPS Devs' tast.  Until an admin has hands on this, you still can use stylish plugin to accomplish it.     In fact, it is pretty easy than it appears - Just apply a simple click on the codebox (it will highlight it), then 'delete' key.
    • all the possible frequencyes i have added seems to work fine at the moment, i have added a lot of different frequencyes to support better all kinds of professional applications, inclunding strange sampling rates and goes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz, unfortunately 192 khz does not seems to work even on cards which should support it like the audigy rx, but other frequencyes just works fine and at the moment i have tested only the sound blaster audigy rx and the audigy sb0090 (1st gen audigy) and i can confirm that all the frequencyes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz does work on that card, so i think that such frequencyes should work on all the audigy 2, 2sz, 4 cards as well, tomorrow i will test with my sound blaster live! cards and i will let you know, but here are also some photos (pro tip: use cmd + alt/opton + 4 and then press space to make a screenshot of a single window):


×