Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OsxWade

An apple airport update was installed now wireless and ethernet are having DNS problems

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a problem that I have searched around for a solution for and can not seem to resolve it without doing a restore to a from a older HDD (just upgraded to a ssd).

Im running 10.6.8 and everything was running great until I decided to check what apple updates were around.

There was an update for apple airport and a couple of others that I can not remember what they were but they were nothing major and I was not worried about my hack breaking.

The problem happened when the machine rebooted, my internet just would not work, no wireless and no ethernet.

The weird thing is that SKYPE and FTP both work just fine so I was doing my homework and it seems to be an DNS issue.

This happened once before and I decided to just restore the HDD from my original build(mentioned above). Everything was running great once again so this eliminated the computer hardware and my network, Router and ISP. At this point in time I did not know what happened to my machine as I had installed a couple of things real close together.

So my question is can I roll back this update (I have a timemachine) and if not what can check on this machine and change to get this working again.

Also, if your internet is working do not upgrade your airport software/drivers from apple (lesson learned).

Advertisement

Any suggestions, or should I just upgrade to mountain lion?

I would really like to know how to solve this issue as it may be a setting or a bootflag that is needed or adjusted?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe Atheros QCWB335 in MacOS.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

AIRPORT : OK Atheros QCWB335 (AR9565) (168c:0036) Mini PCIe * BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 (0cf3:3121) USB 2.0 ** AIRDROP : Not Tested HANDOFF : Not Tested CONTINUITY : Not Tested WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK   Known Issues:

- Partial support with a maximum speed of 10Mbits (10.11.0+) *
      - Don't support Bluetooth Power Off/On by Software (10.10.0+) **
      - Sometimes Lost Bluetooth After Sleep WakeUp (10.10.0+) **

Sources:

Insanelymac
    • By grisno
      Installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe AZUREWAVE AW-CE123H in macOS (10.8.5+)

AIRPORT : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (14e4:43b1) [Broadcom BCM94352 HMB] Mini PCIe BLUETOOTH : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (17cf:0b05) [Broadcom BCM20702A1] USB 2.0 AIRDROP : OK HANDOFF : OK CONTINUITY : OK WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK SIRI : OK   I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!
    • By RogerDodger93
      Salve a tutti ragazzi,
      Mi sono appena iscritto e innanzi tutto vorrei esprimere la mia gratitudine per l'aiuto offerto. Il mio problema come da titolo riguarda il mio Pavilion Power 15 più precisamente il modello cb015nl. Ho notato che c'era un altro topic su un modello simile ma immagino che anche se i modelli sono simili non è detto che siano compatibili quindi ne ho creato uno per il mio modello. Per arrivare al dunque, sono riuscito ad installare con successo Mojave 10.14 ma ho riscontrato diversi problemi una volta avviato l'OS. Quello che non riesco a far funzionare è l'indicatore della batteria, il power managment (Stop non funziona e la luminosità), la porta ethernet e credo che la scheda wifi sia incompatibile, le gesture del trackpad, e l'audio che con una scheda audio esterna funziona a meraviglia e l'ultimo grosso problema è che non riesco a far partire clover senza la usb di installazione, ho installato clover bootoader sull'hd dove ho mojave ma niente senza la usb mi parte il bootloader di hp/windows. Premetto che sono partito con una copia di mojave scaricata dall'appstore. Vi allego il report di HackInfo sperando che possa essere d'aiuto per il troubleshooting
      HackInfo_Report.zip