Last thing.... need sound drivers

MacPhreek

3 posts in this topic

OK people I got OSx86 up and running.

Last thing I need are drivers for my sound card. I have found that the Apple Ac97 will work, but I dont know where to get the KEXT from or how to load it in Darwin, or whatever I am supposed to do to make it work. Any help with this is appreciated. Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem.

Other than that, everything works GREAT!

-Chris

OK, so I found the AC97 .kext which is purportedly able to work with my Sound Max Integrated Audio. By the way, I have an ATI Xpress 200 chipset, and the mobo is a ASuSTeK P4R800-VM w/ 533FSB. I NEED TO HAVE AUDIO! This is really ticking me off. So I put the new AC97 kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder and restarted.... nothing. Is there something I have to do to the file (modification) to make it work with my SoundMax card? If someone can help me solve this problem, outside of buying a PCI sound board, I am willing to give some monetary compensation via PayPal. This is THAT important! I do not like half-ass stuff that doesn't work. Besides the sound issue, everything else in OSx86 is awesome. Thanks guys...

There are no SoundMax drivers for X86, how ever it may be possible to modify some files to get it working. But I don't know what to do

Check this out: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=9232