OS X on Phenom II X6

KHIT

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm trying to help a friend of mine in the process of installing Mac OS X 10.6.x on his AMD-based desktop, but we get an annoying error when trying to boot the system

Decryption hasn't succeeded yet (probably will retry)
patch_exec_obj_segment failed
map_segment failed

We couldn't get the retail OS X with patched kernel to boot on his system, so we used a unpatched version on one of my old Core 2 Duo laptops and installed 10.6.3, updated to 10.6.8 and installed bootloader, smbios and legacy_kernel(nawcom legacy_kernel 10.8.0).

After doing this we tried booting his system with -v npci=0x3000 in order to avoid the PCI Configuration Begin - Error message.

The legacy kernel installer added force64 and arch=i386 to the kernel flags of the org.chameleon.boot.plist. We're using Mac Pro 3.1 SMBIOS.

Is there a solution for making his system boot the OS?

His system specs are:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T

AsRock 970 Extreme4

8GB DDR3 RAM

Geforce GTX460 1.5GB GDDR5

Hey, I have almost the same setup. I do get that error during boot, however, my machine ignores it and continues to load. When i get a chance I will load my plist files up for you to look at, see if there is anything in there that you do or don't have that mat cause this error. I did follow guide below when installing Snow.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269841-install-snow-leopard-on-any-pc-for-anybody-includes-windows-dual-boot/

Install the update, force quit when finished and install the kernel.

I have had the problem again recently, but I cant remember how I fixed. When I get my brain in gear I'll put it up.